Streen and Silas plotting

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266358 by
Replied by on topic Petition for Jestor's Resignation

Tellahane wrote:
I think they have done a good enough job of doing that on their own, no need to amplify it further.

I was just answering a question posed by John in the most useful format, dude.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266375 by Whyte Horse
Mods: Can we change the subject of this thread? I thought Jestor was Resigning by the title. It's misleading. He's not resigning. Now I read this and I see it's a troll thread by a couple of guys who want to remove Jestor. Perhaps the subject should be "Let's overthrow Jestor" or something like that.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266378 by Adder
Yea, good idea. Done..... more accurate now I think.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Avalon, OB1Shinobi, Brick

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266446 by OB1Shinobi

Trisskar wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: which is kind of how i imagine the dude based off of the bit ive learned of him - through streen lol

And you accept that as Logical/Critical evidence towards Relan Volkum's character? 0_o

Don't get me wrong. While i am willing to defend Relans "Past Work" dosn't mean I agree with his methods today. He has changed a great deal from "Old Guard" times.

That being said. Relan isn't here. He hasn't posted. He dosn't even have an account here as far as I am aware....He cannot defend himself. He has no words to give. The only interaction he has here......Is through Streen.

It is Streen's choice to post or not post what he does.

It is not reason enough. For me. To go bashing Relan because of Streens choices.

Once again. I DO NOT AGREE WITH RELANS CURRENT SYSTEM AND ACTIONS

But until he makes a A***H*** of himself here in person. I feel its not appropriate to be bashing him as is .

i respect that youre taking that position
its something long standing jedi should notice because im sure youd be as circumspect if it were them under discussion
and maybe i would be as well if i had the same history as you and had known them as long as you

but i dont and i didnt: all i have to go on is what ive seen since ive been here, and what ive seen was that volkum sent streen here to deliver strange and insulting messages on two or three occasions, with no real purpose other than to be insulting and draw people away from totjo, and into - whatever their group is called

which i do consider pretty low on both their parts - if volkum couldnt be bothered to present himself and speak his messages directly then he should have kept them to himself, it doesnt take 20 years of jedi training to understand that

and streen would deliver those condescending messages from volkum and hide behind "well im only a messenger"
but he WASNT only a messenger; he was an acolyte in full support of the message

also, i know i shouldnt let it get to me but i have to say i was kind of offended when streen made his "experienced jedi" thread, because my interpretation of that topic was that the real point behind it was to see if he could be given knighthood status AND be allowed to take apprentices, without doing the IP, or going through a totjo apprenticeship himself - basically if he could skip the process that everyone else here had to undergo to receive their rank

i will admit that he never explicitly said all this, its just the inference i drew from what he DID say

heres the topic so interested parties can judge for themselves if theyd like

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Confused-Ask-for-help/113464-taking-part-in-the-process-as-an-experienced-jedi?limitstart=0

all that being said, and to (finally) answer your question:

Trisskar wrote: And you accept that as Logical/Critical evidence towards Relan Volkum's character?

character is more fluid than a millennial's gender; its a lifelong struggle - for me it has been- and theres no telling what a person may choose in any given moment
people assume its fixed but it only takes one bad decision to tarnish an image or call things into question, and a person might also turn theirself around at any time. i do believe in redemption

which mean, imo, its usually best not to even bother judging other peoples character, but rather, evaluate actions in order to make predictions of what seems most likely to happen, based on past behavior

so, no, i dont think i have grounds to judge volkum or even streens character, and i admit that either or both of them may be, or become, exceptional individuals, of extremely high moral character

my view should be understood as being my own personal, imperfect opinion, specific only to their actions towards and within totjo, and not an indictment on their overall worth or reliability as human beings in the broader sense

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266451 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Streen and Silas plotting
So I went to that video Kyrin linked to of Relan's and... well, suffice it to say I'm not positive he is the type who likes talking to people, but maybe that was just my impression. I left him alone thusly to condescend to those who'll take it with more gratitude than I could.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266455 by
Replied by on topic Petition for Jestor's Resignation
As I have said several times before. I do not support Relan or Streen. And I especially do not support that....Jedihood....nonsense that they are pushing over on youtube, or their consistent attempts at bringing TOTJO down because they feel godly or something.

I CAN however support what they both have done in the past. Just because you were not there does not mean you can't research and learn about it with an open mind. I think that falls in line with the "Critical Thinking" everyone wants added to the IP and lessons here at the Temple? Personal Bias towards people because of one or two instances...goes in line with that whole critical thinking thing ;) Hint....Its a negative trait not a good one.

Which is precisely my point.

What do you have to gain sitting here, pointing fingers, mud slinging and Trolling two people who are not even here to defend themselves? Is that really how you feel a Jedi should behave? Calling other people names and demoralizing another persons character because you don't like them? What they did may have been wrong in the eyes of this temple. But you...all of us....do not need to stoop to their levels.

Justice has been served for one means or another. Streen is banned. The issues he brought here are over and done. If you really want to be productive and "Warn others of their evils" Go to their website, their youtube channels, and Logically, Critically, Soundly show others that follow them that there are other ways to be Jedi.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266479 by Carlos.Martinez3
I support my current council and their decisions. I took an oath to help build, not tare down. I will not ask for a vote of no confidence and will gladly defend my council. Good luck Streen and Silas in your efforts. Here is where we part.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
7 years 4 months ago #266482 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Streen and Silas plotting

Gisteron wrote: So I went to that video Kyrin linked to of Relan's and... well, suffice it to say I'm not positive he is the type who likes talking to people, but maybe that was just my impression. I left him alone thusly to condescend to those who'll take it with more gratitude than I could.

I managed to make it in about 4 videos into the series, theres actually quite a few videos I was impressed with how many they have done but man even with the different people doing the videos in a weird rotation it was sometimes...difficult...to watch....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266488 by
Replied by on topic Streen and Silas plotting
Being new here, I'm not sure of what is going on, and what all the politics are behind the Temple of the Jedi Order.

As I sit here and read through these posts though, I find myself thinking that this is not how a Jedi should act or would act. I am not scolding anyone, nor am I pointing fingers. I find that people are simply acting out of the respect they feel for Jestor, and the anger they feel with these two people who originally made the post. And that is okay, because experiencing those emotions makes us human, however I find it very important to remember the first precept of the Jedi code, Emotion yet peace. It is good to be able to let these emotions run their course, but at the end of the day I hope that those feeling them let them go and breath in peace. Like a few others have said though, justice has been served in a fair manner, so hopefully this helps resolve those emotions people are experiencing.

Also wanted to quote something else I had found in the doctrine;
"I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace;
Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy."

I feel like when people are feeling these emotions come over them, it might be important to go back to these things we have pledged ourselves to and just review them. This is a lesson for all of us, and again no fingers are being pointed. I don't believe that anybody is above or below anything, I just feel that a part of the human experience, on the path of waking up to who you truly are, is experiencing hardships and hard emotions. So hopefully everyone will leave from this situation at peace knowing that Jestor has justly taken care of the issue at hand. May the Force be with us all.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266489 by Kobos
After reading through this entire thread, and only being a member and not a full Jedi, I have very little knowledge on the entire past of this order but I will say this. I had many interactions with Silas, I tried several times to connect with him on a personal and with reasonable point of view for him to consider. I was a punk when I was his age full of ideals, rage and little understanding of the true movements of the world (of which I still have a level of disconnect.) So on that I figured his personal attitude would be little affected by cryptic and yet neutral views (of which I tend to take, the grey views) though to not speak a perspective because you don't think it will be heard is useless in itself anyway. I hope in due time he can return his character is subject to change as he ages as all of ours were and are. He had particular strength in conviction, something to be admired but also something which can be easily manipulated by others or cause brash ideas to achieve ideals that may not be founded in realism. Again, this is only my feeling on one of them I do not know the other so I will leave it with this.

In peace,
Tim

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi