Streen and Silas plotting

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266232 by JamesSand

Alex, if you're offering to resign, go right ahead. I don't mean this as a challenge, but why don't you and every other person in a position of power here prove that they don't want to cling on to those positions.

Help me Silas, I have a bloody job to do, and here I am getting baited by your crap.

I think it's because you remind me of my mate's daughter. She's a great kid, but sometimes you have to go slow and draw pictures for her to understand.

Of course, you might just be an internet weed. Hard to tell from here.

Anyway, giving you the benefit of the doubt, for the umpteenth time -

Don't mistake power with responsibility.

I believe the caretakers of this site are genuinely interested in helping others, and maintaining this place for good reasons.

They have no power other than that which you choose to give them. They can't arrest you, they can't tax you, they can't give you any instruction beyond that to which you willingly submit.

If you don't like it - Go elsewhere, the internet, and the real world, is a big place, and you will find somewhere that can be your home.

Constantly alienating and irritating the members here does you no good, nor them most likely.

I'm not a tyrant, I'm not telling you to "toe the line" - I certainly can't ban you or conduct any other act of violence or use of force against you.

Take it as you will mate.

Edit: Of course, other people can.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by JamesSand. Reason: Couldn't be bothered making a new post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Rex, Brontyn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266233 by
Replied by on topic Petition for Jestor's Resignation
Wow. Okay, I admit I may be a bit out of the loop for a while, but reading this thread, and the original post, the one thing that rings true for me here is that a member of our community has serious entitlement issues. And here's a spoiler: It's not Jestor. The level of arrogance on display by Streen is nothing short of embarrassing, and Silas, wow, not a good first impression dude. Seriously this reminds me of the Witch Wars of my Coven-going days; all sorts of insinuation being leveled at Jestor and no actual substance to be had, and outright demands by two members who have shown little to no commitment to this community's doctrine that one of it's most esteemed members resign because... reasons. Then to suggest he be replaced by persons outside this community (TOTJO) who - being outsiders who have made no commitment and taken no oath to the TOTJO doctrine - are probably even less qualified for the position than Streen and Silas would be.

Look, you two. I know this has been a crazy and unexpected year for a lot of people: Brexit happened, Trump got elected, and for crying out loud the Cubs won the world series, all in the same year! But we am not living in Bizarro world; not completely, and not yet. If you think you can just waltz up, attempt to tarnish one of the most respected Knights in our community and force him to resign his position (again: reasons) while also making implications that you possibly have insight into no only who may have been responsible for the hack, but also outright stating for the record that it was a warning for Jestor to step down, and expect the community to not end up treating you like a spoiled child, then you are seriously mistaken as to what defending the community actually means. But then, you'd probably have to have read the Doctrine to pick up on that point. I sincerely suggest you meditate on humility.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266236 by Proteus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPwxgml0Q3A

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Lykeios Little Raven, Brenna, Kohadre, Avalon, Loudzoo, , MadHatter and 4 other people also said thanks.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266238 by MadHatter
Silas and Streen I think the communities response is as follows:

Attachment fortkickassnavy_fullpic.png not found

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Brenna, Kohadre, Avalon, OB1Shinobi, , Rex and 3 other people also said thanks.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266241 by Br. John
Silas Mercury is expelled from The Order. As with any unilateral administrative decision it may be appealed to The Council.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Brenna, Kohadre, Avalon and 6 other people also said thanks.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266245 by
Replied by on topic Petition for Jestor's Resignation
Is this really your attempt at revolution Silas?

Streen, for all your claimed time in the community, is this all it has amounted too? This is the culmination of "Over 20 years of training on the path"? An internet power play?

Childish, and humorous, but also, pathetic.

Clearly, you two have nothing worthwhile going on in your lives offline that you actually thought this was important, with the results you see.

At this point, what credibility, integrity, or respect can you hope to get here?

Revolution? Really?

You both need to unplug, take a breath, and get a life. Clearly, the internet is too much for you two.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266246 by Brenna
If enough members call for his resignation?

So the two of you are "enough"? Interesting.

No one is perfect, not even Jestor, and sure, call for his resignation if you have a lack of faith in him. But considering how hard he has worked over so many years to allow, and defend people like you the chance to be here for the most part unhindered, and the hundreds of people he has guided, supported and served over the years, not to mention The sheer amount of time, effort and money he has dedicated to this Temple, I think the way in which you have handled this is offensive. And spiteful. And I would echo others disappointment in you.

I have yet to see anyone else with the level of dedication and service that he has displayed to this place. Even if it is time for Jestor to step down, he has earned a little more respect than this.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Avalon, , MadHatter

More
7 years 4 months ago #266249 by MadHatter

Br. John wrote: Silas Mercury is expelled from The Order. As with any unilateral administrative decision it may be appealed to The Council.

Are we sure that our GrandMaster is not Thor? Because he seems to throw a dang good Mjolnir

Attachment BanHammer.jpg not found

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Brenna, Kohadre, Avalon

More
7 years 4 months ago #266252 by Avalon

Brenna wrote: But considering how hard he has worked over so many years to allow, and defend people like you the chance to be here for the most part unhindered

I felt like that part deserved a lot of emphasizing, Brenna, because I don't think the two of them realize how accurate that really is.... And thank you for pointing it out.

I may not know Jestor nearly as well as some people on the site, but what I've seen of him tells me he's got a level of patience for people that goes beyond words. And yes, he does his best to try and help people find a place here.

Which is probably why the vast majority of us are finding this whole idea so very laughable....

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: , MadHatter

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266253 by OB1Shinobi
streen is the one who kickstarted this foolishness, and he has been subtley antagonistoc towards totjo for at least the two/three years ive been here

my opinion, it is streen who should be banned first of all, and his "time in the community", rather than being a defense in his favor, is actually imo the greatest detriment to his case: he should lnow better and be held to higher standard

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi