Streen and Silas plotting

More
7 years 4 months ago #267707 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Streen and Silas plotting

TheDude wrote: With all due respect, the decision to ban these two disappoints me. I have had a few conversations with Silas before. He is passionate about his beliefs (even if I would say some of them are ill-informed) and seems to care deeply about what he sees as injustices. Being as we are a group which presumably wishes to engage in personal growth as well as growth as a community, I figure that there's probably a better way to handle this than banning either of them. If the ideas are wrong, then they can be defeated in open discussion. If the presentation is wrong or inappropriate, that can be addressed in its own way. I'm not sure what banning anyone does to help us grow as a community. It shows either that we are incapable of addressing their ideas and complaints or that we lack the patience to deal with those who oppose our views. In addition, I'd like to say without naming names that some of the replies to this thread by a few members have been a bit disrespectful. Some of the posts have been less about the topic at hand and more like personal attacks. I think the good people here at TOTJO can do better than that.

As I posted they are free to appeal to The Council and free to ask me to reconsider. As far as I know neither have done so. The Council has not acted on the matter since nobody has appealed. I also posted that the ban was not for a specific period of time.

At the time I was thinking a cooling off period of a week would be about right. Since you've asked on their behalf and it's been over a week - the accounts are now re-activated.

Thank you for your compelling and polite arguments.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDude

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #267708 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Streen and Silas plotting
If they choose to come back, I imagine they'll come back here first. Some sort of morbid curiosity I'm sure.

So - Welcome back gents :)

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #267713 by OB1Shinobi
does anyone else remember streens repeated member poaching and off site linking ? hes had threads and posts locked and deleted because he kept doing it

anyone else remember how he kept posting volkums criticisms of totjo?

remember how he wanted to be granted knightood without doing the IP?

anyone else remember in the weeks before this thread happened how silas was talking about the site he and streen were working on?

and how "very wise master volkum" was teaching him (silas) about "the father"?

so streen finally got one single person to take him seriously and it took all of like two weeks to start demanding resignations lol

im the one who asked for streen to be banned and i was also insulting towards him, and i still feel exactly the same

i think he is deliberately adversarial to totjo and that he will remain adversarial, and as such that we arebetter off without him

i respect where youre coming from Dude, im not a fan of censorship or bannishment or control

but im glad he was banned
i think he deserved it

sure, let him back in if you want

but if he comes back i hope people remember that he was banned and why he was banned and i hope that he gets banned again if he continues his antagonistic behavior

and i think he would continue it - i actually think the only reason he even comes here is to try to recruit for his own agenda

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Brenna, Avalon, TheDude

More
7 years 4 months ago #267728 by Br. John

OB1Shinobi wrote: does anyone else remember streens repeated member poaching and off site linking ? hes had threads and posts locked and deleted because he kept doing it

anyone else remember how he kept posting volkums criticisms of totjo?

remember how he wanted to be granted knightood without doing the IP?

anyone else remember in the weeks before this thread happened how silas was talking about the site he and streen were working on?

and how "very wise master volkum" was teaching him (silas) about "the father"?

so streen finally got one single person to take him seriously and it took all of like two weeks to start demanding resignations lol

im the one who asked for streen to be banned and i was also insulting towards him, and i still feel exactly the same

i think he is deliberately adversarial to totjo and that he will remain adversarial, and as such that we arebetter off without him

i respect where youre coming from Dude, im not a fan of censorship or bannishment or control

but im glad he was banned
i think he deserved it

sure, let him back in if you want

but if he comes back i hope people remember that he was banned and why he was banned and i hope that he gets banned again if he continues his antagonistic behavior

and i think he would continue it - i actually think the only reason he even comes here is to try to recruit for his own agenda

That's why their accounts are reactivated as Guests. Their status as Members of The Order is Revoked.

Relan Volkum is welcome to register so he can post here and make his own case. I invite him to do so.

Trisskar (thank you very much) has done extensive work on the history of Jediism and has excellent references about other Force related online and offline organizations with links at http://justjedi.com/ with the directory at http://justjedi.com/index.php/active-communty .

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Rex

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #267730 by Br. John

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Br. John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267731 by
Replied by on topic Streen and Silas plotting
Dies this mean that I can never me a member in good standing ever again ?? :'( Streen won't be returning to my knowledge, and I understand it was wrong to do what I did. Is there no way of redeeming myself ??

More
7 years 4 months ago #267733 by Br. John

Silas Mercury wrote: Dies this mean that I can never me a member in good standing ever again ?? :'( Streen won't be returning to my knowledge, and I understand it was wrong to do what I did. Is there no way of redeeming myself ??

It does not mean you cannot be reinstated as a Member. You can. And please do not feel you need to act like your muzzled. That is not the case. Relax and enjoy the community here. You can still work on the IP if you wish. In a month or so please get with a Youth Officer to apply for reinstatement and we'll have a clean slate.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Cyan Sarden,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #267745 by

Br. John wrote: Trisskar (thank you very much) has done extensive work on the history of Jediism and has excellent references about other Force related online and offline organizations with links at https://justjedi.com/ with the directory at https://justjedi.com/index.php/active-communty .

My PM box is always open to those interested in the history of certain individuals involved. Or just in need of assistance. I'll do what I can to help. *bows*

Edit: Also just a FYI - If you link to the Directory, be sure to take the 's' out of http in the URL bar. Thank you for linking this BR John, Its been awhile since I've update checked the directory and noticed many errors. I know what I will be doing today....lol
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by .

More
7 years 4 months ago #267762 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Streen and Silas plotting

Silas Mercury wrote: Dies this mean that I can never me a member in good standing ever again ?? :'( Streen won't be returning to my knowledge, and I understand it was wrong to do what I did. Is there no way of redeeming myself ??

I think streen understands too after my couple of exchanges with him post this event, perhaps with time he might be interested again. Streen needs time to figure out streen first.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267765 by
For what it's worth, the first sentence on our home page reads "We are a Jedi church and international ministry of the religion Jediism and the Jedi way of life."

This is a Jedi Temple. It is a church. To me, this issue was less about the actual issue or personalities involved, and more about the behavior. I think most would agree that it would be inappropriate for me to walk into a Catholic church and demand that the priest resign, especially as a newer member without a true understanding of how that church works. If I decided to interrupt the normal activities of the church and make this unreasonable demand anyway, I wouldn't be surprised when they eventually persuaded me to leave.

I'm glad you are back, Silas, and there is value in your opinions and the conversations we have here. Let's just all try harder to remember that during our disagreements or debates, this church still needs to be treated with a certain level of reverence.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi