Streen and Silas plotting

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266276 by
Replied by on topic Petition for Jestor's Resignation

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: By Silas, By Streen...

Now whats for Breakfast?

These ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266279 by OB1Shinobi

JamesSand wrote:

silas is just a kid who wants to "rage against the machine"

Giving him a chance to cool his heels, explore some other avenues, and not waste too many hours of his day debating at TotJO is probably the best thing for him though.

Consider his banning the staff here's final attempt at helping him find and maintain a constructive direction rather than a punitive act.

if bannen from totjo, the only ones to have any influence on his direction will be volkum and streen

volum seems to be collecting gullible people, i guess silas made his choice but my hope was that in time he would see the difference between those who have actually lived and done things compared to those who just talk fluffy ideas

im not saying banning him was the wrong decision: i would rather he werent banned, and if the decision were my responsibility to make, i wouldnt ban him

but its not my decision

i respect br jon, and silas did make his choices, and even though i think its just immaturity (or the desire to be involved in something exciting, really) he has made a conscious decision to "be a rebel" and to act out against the totjo structure, and totjo has been very patient with both of them

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

More
7 years 4 months ago #266281 by Zenchi
https://youtu.be/KaqC5FnvAEc

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Kohadre, OB1Shinobi, , Rex, Leah Starspectre

More
7 years 4 months ago #266284 by Br. John

OB1Shinobi wrote:

JamesSand wrote:

silas is just a kid who wants to "rage against the machine"

Giving him a chance to cool his heels, explore some other avenues, and not waste too many hours of his day debating at TotJO is probably the best thing for him though.

Consider his banning the staff here's final attempt at helping him find and maintain a constructive direction rather than a punitive act.

if bannen from totjo, the only ones to have any influence on his direction will be volkum and streen

volum seems to be collecting gullible people, i guess silas made his choice but my hope was that in time he would see the difference between those who have actually lived and done things compared to those who just talk fluffy ideas

im not saying banning him was the wrong decision: i would rather he werent banned, and if the decision were my responsibility to make, i wouldnt ban him

but its not my decision

i respect br jon, and silas did make his choices, and even though i think its just immaturity (or the desire to be involved in something exciting, really) he has made a conscious decision to "be a rebel" and to act out against the totjo structure, and totjo has been very patient with both of them

People have been banned then allowed to return. It's not unusual for that to happen. Every situation is unique. Being banned is not for a particular amount of time unless it's voted by The Council. At a minimum there needs to be a 'time out' - a cooling off period for this situation. I am aware of the young age of one of these people.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, OB1Shinobi,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266290 by
Wait, why are people pushing for a ban on Streen and Silas??

Without elements of discord, it would just be the same boring shit. A controversy, a scandal, something that rubs people the wrong way -- all of these things have their place. If there's nothing challenging the status quo ideals become sacrosanct and stagnant.

For instance, this one here generated a 7 page thread in a matter of hours and ultimately contributed to social/group cohesion. That's awesome. That's the kind of thing you want to KEEP on your site.

No, don't ban people. You need to keep your dissidents; they all have their part to play.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266293 by OB1Shinobi
i trust your judgment br jon

i know you do your best to balance between the individual and the community as well as can be done under any given circumstance

People are complicated.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266295 by MadHatter

Mindas Arran wrote: Wait, why are people pushing for a ban on Streen and Silas??

Without elements of discord, it would just be the same boring shit. A controversy, a scandal, something that rubs people the wrong way -- all of these things have their place. If there's nothing challenging the status quo ideals become sacrosanct and stagnant.

For instance, this one here generated a 7 page thread in a matter of hours and ultimately contributed to social/group cohesion. That's awesome. That's the kind of thing you want to KEEP on your site.

No, don't ban people. You need to keep your dissidents; they all have their part to play.

Would you let someone stay in your house that consistently spit in your face and disregarded every one of your rules? I think not.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre, Avalon

More
7 years 4 months ago #266296 by OB1Shinobi

Mindas Arran wrote: Wait, why are people pushing for a ban on Streen and Silas??

ok thats a good point

but
it appears to me that streen is deliberately antagonistic to the totjo cohesion: his whole aim is to break down the current cohesion and basically supplant it with himself and vollum

also he gets on my nerves lol

admitedly, id be banned from the space time continuum itself if "getting on nerves" were valid grounds for bannishment lol

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266297 by

Discord can have value, sure.

There is something to be said for quality of that discord though.

This, hardly counts as quality discord, and yes, 7 pages that well, didnt really need to exist, certainly not for group cohesion.

Keep the discord, but intelligent discord.

People with nothing worthwhile going on in their lives, that an internet power play is the highlight of it and keeping them here does a disservice to them, and the members of the site.

One thing I have learned in my decades in these forums, is to spend my time and energy wisely.

Its a precious commodity, and I would rather that discord have some sort of relevance past everyone agreeing that morons are in fact morons.

I say this is less a matter of being rubbed the wrong way, than letting people who contribute garbage continue to do so.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266298 by Alethea Thompson
I am so very confused.

Jestor and I have a very large disagreement as it concerns the Jedi Path: He believes you can call yourself one and you are; I believe you have to work on adhering to the doctrine that makes up the Jedi Path.
I even believe that his stance is dangerous to the integrity of the path.

But there has been nothing he's done that would warrant (IMO) a call for resignation. And if there is, Streen, you and Silas made a lot of errors in calling for it.
(I am aware they are banned, but they might still have the ability to follow the thread hence my post):

1) You didn't present evidence.
2) You assumed you had more pull here than what you actually do.
A) Streen, I love you as a friend, but over the years the interactions you have had at this site should have signaled to you that most of the people interacting with you did so out of politeness.
B ) Silas, over the last few months you have been called out for anti-American speech, which alienated you from the majority of the ToTJO population. It got worse when you apologized and then spouted off more hate speech as though your apology was meant to placate people so no one would hate you. Being considered "fake" tends to make your call for "revolution" more reason to believe you're "fake".
3) You attacked a member that is not only longstanding at ToTJO, but has history outside of ToTJO.
4) You brought up a hack that has not even been traced to the hacker yet (and may not be) to cite that Jestor has some sort of part in angering whoever actually hacked the site. Realistically, whomever hacked ToTJO has an emotional imbalance- because this order being as open as it is, is really difficult to offend others.

Anyways, for all the issues between me and Jestor, even I see this all for a resignation unwarranted and almost laughable. Jestor's position here is secured until he trains up his replacement.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Alethea Thompson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, , Rex

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi