Streen and Silas plotting

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266493 by Brenna
For some reason I felt compelled to re read the Original post, and I'm glad I did, partially because I was already convinced that either one of them had something to do with the site going down, and I'm even more sure now.

But because I saw something that I missed when the focus was on Jestor.

Streen commented that the site going down proves how fragile TOTJO is.

This is just a website. Subject to the same fragility of any website. But the website is not TOTJO. The people who hold a grudge and get all giddy for its down fall forget this.

This is just a website. WE are TOTJO. The Jedi here are what make this order so unique. WE are not fragile. That is the point of our training. And the downing of the website did show something.

That the Temple site being down can't stop us. We were without it for a week and we still welcomed new members through other avenues, even getting them started on the IP. Our members connected, worked together and continued to train In other ways. In my opinion, the down time forced us to be more resilient and creative.

If anyone thinks that the ability to hack a website proves that our order, our members are weak or fragile. Then they are as blind as they are arrogant.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, Alethea Thompson, ren, Gisteron, Ben, rugadd, Rosalyn J and 18 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266559 by
Replied by on topic Petition for Jestor's Resignation

because I was already convinced that either one of them had something to do with the site going down, and I'm even more sure now.

Man.. I've been out of touch..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266632 by

Trisskar wrote: As I have said several times before. I do not support Relan or Streen. And I especially do not support that....Jedihood....nonsense that they are pushing over on youtube, or their consistent attempts at bringing TOTJO down because they feel godly or something.

I CAN however support what they both have done in the past...

I understand what you are saying and I appreciate yours and others time in community and the efforts and pains you have gone through to bring this philosophy to what it is today. I don't feel I am "stooping" to any level because lets be honest here, there is nothing wrong with calling out tyranny or oppression or, in this case, intolerance when it rears its ugly head. And if I can bring that home to others in a visceral way so that they can see the insanity for themselves I will do that. Is that not a Jedi Mandate?

I don't know Streen or Relan and I have no history with them as you do. However the past few weeks have been full of Silas spouting off about their new mission. Now I always took Silas with a grain of salt. (sometimes a shaker full of salt) so I did my own honest unbiased research. I watched the Jedihood videos to see for myself if there was any content worth exploring. I personally did not find any and I told Silas that in another post on this board. Br John was involved in that conversation as well. And when Streen posted this Jestor thread on the board, while I had a strong opinion about him based on the Jedihood site, your comments prompted me to actually go and read Streens journal here to see for myself what sort of person he was.

Whether you know it or not, your have impact here and your status influences people many times beyond what you will ever know. I take your council on many things that you will never realize and I think anyone who does not take such council from you or others of your seniority is a fool. I hope to provide that same sort of council on this board as well in the things that I post and this is the reason I pursue such things. My take from reading Streens journal are that he has lost his way. Case in point is one piece of text in his journal that I will quote here.

Streen wrote: Generally, everyone thinks their path is the correct one and they will often try to recruit others to come with them. The reasons vary, but the core is always the same: closed-mindedness.

Streen knows the right answer to his dilemma but for some reason he has denied it or lost it. We can all only hope that he finds his path again but until he does, if he ever does, it is only fitting that we maintain a vigilance against the closed-mindedness he is promoting and to warn others of that as well.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266635 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I understand what you are saying and I appreciate yours and others time in community and the efforts and pains you have gone through to bring this philosophy to what it is today.

I appreciate your words....But really has no bearing to what I am trying to press here. :) Thanks though...

I don't feel I am "stooping" to any level because lets be honest here, there is nothing wrong with calling out tyranny or oppression or, in this case, intolerance when it rears its ugly head. And if I can bring that home to others in a visceral way so that they can see the insanity for themselves I will do that. Is that not a Jedi Mandate?

Thing is....That is exactly what they are doing. Except that this temple is the target. So...what makes your valorous attempt better than there's? Other than yours is deep within a 7page thread thats ran it's course.....And theres is several Seasons and Episodes on Youtube. I've sat through several of them...Trust me...They have plenty to say about the Tyranny, oppresion, and intolerance of the temple and the rest of the Jedi Community in general.

So...What are you gaining here? In this thread. In particular?

However the past few weeks have been full of Silas spouting off about their new mission. Now I always took Silas with a grain of salt. (sometimes a shaker full of salt) so I did my own honest unbiased research. \

That's right. He was here. Talking in specific relatable threads that were prime to debate and communicate in on the subject. See this is what I have been trying to express.

I am not saying DONT speak out against falsified information and actions.

I am suggesting it be done In the right places and with the right methodologies.

I watched the Jedihood videos to see for myself if there was any content worth exploring. I personally did not find any

Nor did I....Frankly I found it to be quite a headache and major heartbreaking disappointment.

And when Streen posted this Jestor thread on the board, while I had a strong opinion about him based on the Jedihood site, your comments prompted me to actually go and read Streens journal here to see for myself what sort of person he was.

That is really awesome that you actually went forth to do a bit of research!! That really makes me happy to hear :)

However....As I have said...several times....The Streen of Today is not the Streen I remember....His Journal here on TOTJO is the Streen of Today and harbors just as much disappointment as Jedihood did. Might I suggest digging further back?

Whether you know it or not, your have impact here and your status influences people many times beyond what you will ever know. I take your council on many things that you will never realize and I think anyone who does not take such council from you or others of your seniority is a fool. I hope to provide that same sort of council on this board as well in the things that I post and this is the reason I pursue such things.

The coin has two sides :)

My take from reading Streens journal are that he has lost his way. Case in point is one piece of text in his journal that I will quote here.

Streen wrote: Generally, everyone thinks their path is the correct one and they will often try to recruit others to come with them. The reasons vary, but the core is always the same: closed-mindedness.

Streen knows the right answer to his dilemma but for some reason he has denied it or lost it. We can all only hope that he finds his path again but until he does, if he ever does, it is only fitting that we maintain a vigilance against the closed-mindedness he is promoting and to warn others of that as well.

Agreed. As I said...His journal is a product of his current self...a self I have lost faith in. It does not reflect what I remember of him in the past. And I have said it - PEOPLE CHANGE. I really, truely, completely believe and AGREE WITH YOU

:) :) :)

I just think there is a time, place and method for everything.

This thread.

The Judgments and finger pointings....

This topic

Is not the time. Place. Or appropriate method :)

Thats all i have been trying to say....failing apparently...but trying ;)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by .

More
7 years 4 months ago #267692 by OB1Shinobi
ive been hesitant to ask this because its always embarrassing to be the last to know but, where the heck IS Jestor anyway?

People are complicated.

More
7 years 4 months ago #267694 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Streen and Silas plotting
He was taken by Silas and Streen.

Nah I'm just kidding.

Probably offline doing something of actual importance, rather than acknowledging THIS topic.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267700 by
Replied by on topic Streen and Silas plotting

Magnus Staar wrote: offline doing something of actual importance

Is a very accurate statement.

More
7 years 4 months ago #267702 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Streen and Silas plotting
In October Jestor informed The Council that due to increased family and business demands he'd need to start reducing the time he was able to volunteer at The Order. It's an understatement to say he does a lot. So he started training others in the various things he does and gradually shifting duties.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, J_Roz, Avalon, OB1Shinobi, Leah Starspectre

More
7 years 4 months ago #267705 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Streen and Silas plotting
With all due respect, the decision to ban these two disappoints me. I have had a few conversations with Silas before. He is passionate about his beliefs (even if I would say some of them are ill-informed) and seems to care deeply about what he sees as injustices. Being as we are a group which presumably wishes to engage in personal growth as well as growth as a community, I figure that there's probably a better way to handle this than banning either of them. If the ideas are wrong, then they can be defeated in open discussion. If the presentation is wrong or inappropriate, that can be addressed in its own way. I'm not sure what banning anyone does to help us grow as a community. It shows either that we are incapable of addressing their ideas and complaints or that we lack the patience to deal with those who oppose our views. In addition, I'd like to say without naming names that some of the replies to this thread by a few members have been a bit disrespectful. Some of the posts have been less about the topic at hand and more like personal attacks. I think the good people here at TOTJO can do better than that.

More
7 years 4 months ago #267706 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Streen and Silas plotting
TheDude - I believe (Speculating wildly, but that's what I do) that the staff here took the view that after whatever period of time, the members in question were less interested in discussing ideas and more interested in getting their jollies from being antagonistic and disruptive.

We can be open minded and molly coddle until the end of days, and maybe you're right, maybe the *next* discussion would be the one that clears everyone's heads and the world is a better place.

Or maybe it would be more of the same.

Evidentally they were given "enough rope" and this is the outcome.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi