Streen and Silas plotting

More
7 years 4 months ago #266303 by steamboat28

Streen wrote: [i I personally feel that, Jestor, your close-mindedness toward connection with the rest of the Jedi community stunts the growth of the Jedi and aspiring Jedi.

How? No one is preventing anyone here from seeking out those groups. No one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266304 by
Replied by on topic Petition for Jestor's Resignation

MadHatter wrote: What a laughable post. First of all, it's made by two people who have not even bothered to do anything here except complain. Further, it's by people who can't even suggest people that might be able to do it better without being pressed.

People don't need to come up with solutions to point out problems, though their thoughts will be better listened to if they offer as much detail of the situation as possible so we might better understand how a situation could be resolved.

Gwinn wrote: In regard to the vision of TOTJO, he's not the sole decision maker. We have a whole council that decides in which direction we go. Do you call for the other council members to step down as well?

The responsibilities of Council are more than deciding whether or not to link our organisation to other groups. However as one of those Councillors I am more than happy to open our organisation out more, but I haven't received any message from Streen or Silas on the issue. Further as far as I'm aware there has been no contact between us and any other Jedi groups about greater interaction. How greatly could Jestor be stunting the growth of the Jedi community when the group owners of this community haven't even begun any kind of discussion?

Silas Mercury wrote: You want me to name some potential leaders ?? Streen. Relan Volkum. Mitth'raw'Nurida. They are given too little credit. There should be a whole Jedi History and it should refer to them as some of our founding fathers.

As one who is more familiar than most with Jedi history I couldn't give two squawks about some Jedi who were around near the beginning. This isn't then. Whatever one's past achievements that does not mean they would be suitable for the job today in an organisation they aren't members of.

Silas Mercury wrote: Alex, if you're offering to resign, go right ahead. I don't mean this as a challenge, but why don't you and every other person in a position of power here prove that they don't want to cling on to those positions.

Would that prove one doesn't need to cling to the positions? Or prove they feel the need to prove to others that they don't cling to the positions? If one doesn't resign are they clinging to the position or not feeling the need to prove to others they don't need to cling? If one resigns do they not cling to the position, but feel the need to prove this to others? I don't think asking for a resignation would amount to the proof you are looking for.

OB1Shinobi wrote: streen is much more antagonistic to totjo - silas is just a kid who wants to "rage against the machine"

streen is basically a "disciple" of volkum, who holds animosity towards the temple and uses streen as a tool to express it

if anyone needs to be banned i is definitely streen, in my opinion

There is already a lot of discussing people instead of points, there's no need to add to it.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266308 by OB1Shinobi
@Akkarin
i feel that the real source of this silliness today is vollum, and then streen

vollum nurses a deep grudge against totjo, and streen is vollums lackey who constantly attempts to undermine the totjo structure, this thread simply being the most recent and overt example

i dont see how thats NOT a point worth discussing, giventhat its the very source of the discussion itself

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266309 by ren
To provide clarifications about the hack:

Totjo gets hundreds of different hacking attempts every day. our old site reached a state where it could no longer run safely as hackers managed to access certain functions they should not have had access to. As it was so old it made no sense to trace and debug and it got an upgrade instead.

Last time i looked we lost nothing. We didn't even use a backup. Everything that was there when i took it offline still is there, with the exceptions of some links, some broken stuff from years ago, some customisations, etc. nothing of consequence, and nothing that didnt have to be redone anyway. And the old site still runs as it did before, so, it's not gone anyway.

The successful hackers were using russian IPs, the unsuccessful ones were from all over the place and still are.

Our oldest forum post will be 10 years old on February 14th. I think we're fine.

edit: And the person Shinobi's going on about is "relan volkum" (right? lol), legendary dick to jediism.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by ren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Alexandre Orion, Kit, Kohadre, Avalon, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266312 by

ren wrote: edit: And the person Shinobi's going on about is "relan volkum" (right? lol), legendary dick to jediism.

Yes, I am certian he was speaking of Relan. But lets be fair here...Such accusations are uncalled for. Relan has a great deal of good in Jedi Community history. Just because things turned out for the lesser later dosn't mean we need to be cruel.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266315 by Zenchi

Trisskar wrote:

ren wrote: edit: And the person Shinobi's going on about is "relan volkum" (right? lol), legendary dick to jediism.

Yes, I am certian he was speaking of Relan. But lets be fair here...Such accusations are uncalled for. Relan has a great deal of good in Jedi Community history. Just because things turned out for the lesser later dosn't mean we need to be cruel.

:laugh:

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266316 by OB1Shinobi
yeah, vollum, volkum, whatever
i like vollum cause its more "preecccioouussssss" which is kind of how i imagine the dude based off of the bit ive learned of him - through streen lol

ok yes, i was more personally rude in my language than was strictly necessary to get my point across, i see that

but the point itself stands
this whole things is just ANOTHER instance of streen showing his and his masters disdain for totjo, and [strike]theres no reason[/strike] is there any reason to think that volkms ever going to change his views, or that streen will ever change the nature of his intentions towards this community?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266317 by Breeze el Tierno
This seems like an excellent opportunity!

I'm a fan of Jestor, a fan of the whole Council in general. In my brief time here, I have gained a tremendous respect for the people that show up every day to wade through the forum and try to keep us on-track without overstepping.

It sounds like an awful job and I am grateful to those that try to do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi, MadHatter, Squint

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266318 by Edan
I haven't read this thread apart from the OP because I don't feel like I need to...

Streen and Silas.... you have absolutely no fucking clue how hard Jestor works for this community. Absolutely no idea. You have no idea the crap that he puts up with to do his job either, and I should know, because some of that crap came from me.
I worked right along side Jestor for 2 years on this community.... he works his arse off for you, for all of us, and that you are calling for his resignation is not only pathetic, it's laughable. Jestor is the reason that so many people are here... the reason that so many people keep working here too... he has brought a lot of people together and you just have no clue. Him and I do not agree on many things, but we don't need to, we've even had arguments, but it doesn't lead to me trying to get him to resign.

Take it from his apprentice and his friend, that the day that Jestor stops working here is the day that TOTJO becomes less of what it is.

Why don't the two of you go put your efforts into something a bit more useful and constructive than all of this, which only seeks to divide and degrade. I realise you two have a site somewhere together, perhaps you should go work on that instead.

Mods, I have posted swears yes, you can edit them out if you want, but I am leaving them because I feel they are necessary to my point...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266322 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: which is kind of how i imagine the dude based off of the bit ive learned of him - through streen lol

And you accept that as Logical/Critical evidence towards Relan Volkum's character? 0_o

Don't get me wrong. While i am willing to defend Relans "Past Work" dosn't mean I agree with his methods today. He has changed a great deal from "Old Guard" times.

That being said. Relan isn't here. He hasn't posted. He dosn't even have an account here as far as I am aware....He cannot defend himself. He has no words to give. The only interaction he has here......Is through Streen.

It is Streen's choice to post or not post what he does.

It is not reason enough. For me. To go bashing Relan because of Streens choices.

Once again. I DO NOT AGREE WITH RELANS CURRENT SYSTEM AND ACTIONS

But until he makes a A***H*** of himself here in person. I feel its not appropriate to be bashing him as is .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi