So, is Kyrin banned forever, or what?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #322715 by

rugadd wrote: Did anyone find an answer?

Or does that even matter?

An answer to the original question? Yes, many times over now.

Does it matter, of course not. .
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by .
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 10 months ago #322716 by Carlos.Martinez3

rugadd wrote: It's nice to air out for a bit. Pass some ideas back and forth. Some experiences, some insights.

Did anyone find an answer?

Or does that even matter?

Kyrin was not banned for ever . That is called an excommunication. Didn’t happen for this student . There is an appeal for her return. To the party’s invested - it was important enough to matter - to those not invested - it may not have been.
Does this help rugged? Hope it does .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
More
5 years 10 months ago #322741 by Manu
Well, in an attempt to "first understand, then be understood", I would bet that Kyrin has a host of unmet needs from a place in which he vested herself emotionally.

And, if I would have to guess, the Council, overworked and underpaid, is simply trying to find the best solution to help the overall community work smoothly.

So, in a less-than-ideal but satisfying moment, the tired parent get the chaotic child to shut up and let them carry on with their Netflix. :laugh:

Hey, what can I say? When my oldest daughter used to begin a tantrum, I'd just walk away and soon she ceased the tantrum and followed me. My youngest child, however... completely different reaction.

So I guess I'm saying there is no best way to treat this situation. We'll have to see how it goes.

I do miss Kyrin. I found her trolling moments as instrumental for unveiling others' reactions. Growth does happen outside our comfort zone, after all.

But... ehem... excuse the intrusion. Carry on with the usual feel-good social activities.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Carlos.Martinez3, Brick
More
5 years 10 months ago #322742 by Zenchi
I do miss Kyrin. I found her trolling moments as instrumental for unveiling others' reactions. Growth does happen outside our comfort zone, after all.

Anyone can "push bounderies" online Manu, especially when the offline life is suffering. The TOTJO cannot be her method of aggression because of it, and surely is not a satisfactory reason for their return...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You:
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #322743 by Brick
I've already expressed my thoughts on this whole debacle, so I won't repeat myself.

I'd just like to express my shared concerns with the points Gisteron has raised.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Gisteron, Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi
More
5 years 10 months ago #322763 by Manu

Zenchi wrote: Anyone can "push bounderies" online Manu, especially when the offline life is suffering. The TOTJO cannot be her method of aggression because of it, and surely is not a satisfactory reason for their return...

I can obviously acknowledge that saying that Kyrin's approach has been slightly abrupt is a huge euphemism. Still, if I were to take her online lashing out as a sign of something being "off" in her offline life, wouldn't the more sensible response be to work more with her? Wouldn't that mean Kyrin needs our help more, not less?

Of course, that line of reasoning is incredibly condescending on Kyrin, but I'm sort of musing about our overall role on aiding people in general (understandably, we are not trained for professional help, but we should at least be predisposed to wanting to help).

- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick
More
5 years 10 months ago #322764 by rugadd
Is that what your doing Manu? Reaching out and working with her on her personal life?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #322765 by

Manu wrote:

Zenchi wrote: Anyone can "push bounderies" online Manu, especially when the offline life is suffering. The TOTJO cannot be her method of aggression because of it, and surely is not a satisfactory reason for their return...

I can obviously acknowledge that saying that Kyrin's approach has been slightly abrupt is a huge euphemism. Still, if I were to take her online lashing out as a sign of something being "off" in her offline life, wouldn't the more sensible response be to work more with her? Wouldn't that mean Kyrin needs our help more, not less?

Of course, that line of reasoning is incredibly condescending on Kyrin, but I'm sort of musing about our overall role on aiding people in general (understandably, we are not trained for professional help, but we should at least be predisposed to wanting to help).

And, after wanting to help, and to be predisposed to wanting to help, it is important to know when it becomes apparent that a person is using the system to have fun at others expense.
More
5 years 10 months ago #322766 by Rosalyn J
I thought about this a lot:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

And other problems of ethical morality. I'm not suggesting that there is any right or best decision. That is qualifyable by perspective and by what we feel. We all are working within that. It doesn't escape me that my perspective has a bit more weight being a Councillor and the Pastor.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu
More
5 years 10 months ago #322767 by Manu

rugadd wrote: Is that what your doing Manu? Reaching out and working with her on her personal life?

Unrelated to my point, but thank you for pointing that out.

- William Arthur Ward
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi