So, is Kyrin banned forever, or what?

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #322644 by Zenchi

OB1Shinobi wrote: Id also like to refer you to her AMA thread -- but the gull-dern search function is just not very accommodating It used to be 1000000x better simply because if you at least knew who said whatever it was you were looking for then you could sesrch that persons posts.. I REALLY wish the powers that be would return the "search forum posts" or "all posts by this user" function.

Anyway, in that thread she mentioned that she is autism spectrum. This is an established medical condition that makes learning the ins and outs of socialization - including learning how to relate to people - more difficult. Its a BIOLOGICAL condition originating in the brain. Ive seen a lot of talk here over the years about people having to live with medical conditions and a lot of talk about accepting people who have them. Id say this is a time where the community is being challenged to find a way to live up to its ideals.

Is that the excuse she's given for her aggressive and abusive behavior as of late? Because it doesn't excuse it, I know people with forms of autism that have difficulty interacting with others, and that's not what I'm noticing here...

What I am noticing is Kyrin using a plethora of different tactics out of her tool belt to get away with trolling and responding to the posts of members guests and Knights alike, with overtly aggressive behavior and it's beyond old....

She's made it well know she's not interested in what the TOTJO is about, nor supports it. Her only reason for being here is her own selfish agenda, which is what helped lead to her getting banned in the first place...

Six months away would do her good, and give her plenty of time to complete any lessons given to her....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Zenchi.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 10 months ago #322645 by OB1Shinobi

Arisaig wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Id also like to refer you to her AMA thread -- but the gull-dern search function is just not very accommodating It used to be 1000000x better simply because if you at least knew who said whatever it was you were looking for then you could sesrch that persons posts.. I REALLY wish the powers that be would return the "search forum posts" or "all posts by this user" function.

I did a bit of a search myself for you (I can usually find just about anything using it as it is), turn up empty handed. I do not recall Kyrin doing an AMA. (do you remember any questions within it? could help)

EDIT: Also, there is such a method. Go to search, type in their name, click the 'exact name' button below it. Then in the search date field you can change it to any length, including to the beginning of all their posts, then press search. :) Should show literally everything they've posted (save things you cannot see normally (within Apprentice/Knight/Council Chambers). :) Just for future reference for all wondering how to do it.

I dont remember any particular questions. This was back when the AMAs were trendy so it would have been... however many months ago that was. I know not very many people participated so it wouldnt have been on the front page for long. I remember quoting her when she said it though because i though "ah well this is a relevant bit of information" lol

Thank you for the explanation on searching, I will try it when i get back online.

People are complicated.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #322646 by
Perfect amount of information, OB1. Got it HERE . :)
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #322648 by OB1Shinobi
Zenchi:

Obviously she isnt using it as an excuse, as she is not here to make excuses. Ive only seen her mention it once and it was in the context of "get to know me" not "hey heres my excuse to be a jerk".

Kyrin is more aggressive than most but lets be real, its not like youve always been perfect yourself. People have been patient with and forgiving towards you, havent they? Well, some people have, and thats been worth a lot (because it always is). Some people are just petty hearted and hold on to grudges forever. All we can really do about those people is our best not to become them.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
  • Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
5 years 10 months ago #322649 by Neaj Pa Bol
Ok everyone, timeout!!!

As it is going we are slowly getting toxic when it comes to opinions starting to get a little off track... Not that everyone has valid opinions but not a 100% of the reasons are out here to fully bounce this topic into overdrive... So lets take a step back.... Passion does not help in this right now!!!

Senan is the one the Council has as the TM for Kyrin… Yes, there are reasons, most have been laid out by him as to what is going on. But I'm seeing frustration building where it really isn't needed. Several members have their noses a little out of sorts from the earlier names mentioned and needs to have a step taken back and those situations be dealt with in a more respectable manner.

Plain and simple. Is Kyrin Banned forever?.. At this point in time the straight answer is "No" and that time restraint is not in effect. Active discussion is on as to what a future outcome may bring...

Old school lesson here is this... Two wrongs don't make a right....

It's not a quick answer to relieve all things.... All things mend in time..... So take a breath, don't dwell on is she or isn't she and lets get back to peaceful, honest debating, teaching, thought sharing and so on... This Temple needs the Negativity to leave.... Please...

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #322651 by
... it was an open and civil discussion. No one here is being toxic, please don't come in and insinuate such things, stirring the waters of an otherwise calm pond.

Honestly, seems like you didn't read anything, or are picking a single thing said, focusing on it, and applying it to everyone here.

But I do agree this thread has gone on long enough. Decisions have already been made, and we've been informed as to the decisions (or current lack thereof). I do hope that, when a decision is made that someone makes it known, but otherwise this thread is going nowhere. Some excellent points have been made, and I hope the Council does what's best for the community at large, as they should, and take these concerns and opinions (specifically those of the Knights that have gotten involved, as their word should mean more when it comes to potential decisions) into consideration when they discuss their final decision.

Its late on this end (or, technically, early), so goodnight all, and to all a good night. May the Force continue to guide you.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by .
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #322655 by Zenchi
Quite correct Arisaig, thank you!

And yes Obi, you have a point, the difference between myself and Kyrin however was that I knew when it was time to leave. Most assuredly had I not done so I would have been banned permanently...

Most likely Kyrin has things going on in her life offline that need to be acknowledged and addressed, put into order as they say. We would not be doing ourselves or her a favor if she were were allowed immediately back in to resume previous behavior...

At the risk of regurgitating what's already been said, I'll leave it at that...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #322656 by

It's not a quick answer to relieve all things.... All things mend in time.....

Not all things mend in time , some become sores that never heal, things mend when you tend to them , when you have virus your body starts figthing it till it leaves.

So take a breath, don't dwell on is she or isn't she and lets get back to peaceful, honest debating, teaching, thought sharing and so on... This Temple needs the Negativity to leave.... Please...

The negativity that you presume is not from the members debating and heated arguments Tthe conflicts are not being adressed in the proper way , i have not read all the replies but i can assure you that we are all , everyone of us responsible for our own behaviour here. So if the negativity keeps returning , after years and years , what is the cause of this conflict? In short , the negativity will leave when conflicts are taught to be dealt with , and thus changing our perspective about negativity and see it as the symptom it really is

Ow and Kyrin should never have been banned , she should have been ignored , when she says something try to disregard the negative and loftiness and try to get to the core of the message. Usually people give up when they cannot trigger a emotional response. Some people will never see you as an equal and will always try to get the upper hand ...i have learned that ..here.
More
5 years 10 months ago #322657 by Gisteron
When I was first referred to her new forum I went through a couple of posts and boy do they sound like frustrated rants out of context. Then I carried on reading this thread.
The Temple needs this, the Temple is about that, the Tempe feels such like, the Temple is ready for the like. I was unaware anyone was elected to speak on anyone else's behalf. The more you know...
Meanwhile, this Kyrin character is a nuissance, a pest, a kernel of distress to the Temple. The only thing she wasn't called yet is any technical terms like a "socially harmful element".
She does, at any rate, need to learn her this and that lesson. Oh, but don't get us wrong, we all have to learn it. Except we'll be waiting for her to learn it in print, and judge her progress when finished, whilst softly sweetly sermonizing at the lowly proles how much progress the party is making.
What of this does not reek of empty, insincere, and frankly condescending holier-than-thou preachery?
What way, I ask again, remains there for her to yet be wrong about this place?

Bear in mind, I'm past criticizing whimsy at this point, setting aside whether any was involved here. I no longer care what crime she has committed, because if anyone wanted to portray that as what had happened, they could have either pointed to something pages ago or simply lied and nobody would have been the wiser. I noted that nobody was harmed back on page two and heard nothing of it since. Instead I'm listening now to excuses and platitudes, and ridiculously underwhelming attempts at rationalizing, excusing, out of shame (for that is the only thing accomplished through suppression of such things), a decision that was, by all means it seems, motivated strictly by emotion.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Brick
More
5 years 10 months ago #322714 by rugadd
It's nice to air out for a bit. Pass some ideas back and forth. Some experiences, some insights.

Did anyone find an answer?

Or does that even matter?

rugadd
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi