So, is Kyrin banned forever, or what?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #322439 by

Brick wrote:

Arisaig wrote: And should not such a... personal attack be treated as the mods have seen fit to treat it? [/color]

When I ever said it shouldn't have been treated as such?

I've repeatedly said I accept her behaviour was wrong, in breach of the Terms of Use, and should result in a ban.

I'm simply saying that other people should've been banned too!

And yes, I stand by my statement that the punishment was excessive. I've seen many people say and do much worse things and not been banned for as long. Certainly not for an undetermined amount of time

The ban has a time limit (as most bans here do). Its most likely been determined, we are just not privy to it.

You did say that this decision was excessive and unfair. So, you said as such there.

And whom else should have been banned, as everyone was either staying out of it or telling Kyrin to stop.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 10 months ago #322440 by Zenchi

Brick wrote:

Arisaig wrote: And should not such a... personal attack be treated as the mods have seen fit to treat it? [/color]

When I ever said it shouldn't have been treated as such?

I've repeatedly said I accept her behaviour was wrong, in breach of the Terms of Use, and should result in a ban.

I'm simply saying that other people should've been banned too!

You have evidence that supports they should? By all means....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #322441 by

JamesSand wrote: Didn't realise we were in the business of meting out divine punishments for wicked sins.

We aren't, and you know that...
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #322442 by JamesSand

We aren't, and you know that...

And yet here we are, taking some moral position and demanding justice against our oppressors/accusers/whathaveyou.

I like to think than banning Kyrin (or anyone else at any given time)....call it "gagging" them if you will, is more of a tactical decision for the peace of the forum participants than it is a hard standpoint made by the "guardians of jediism" against unwanted viewpoints.

The people on the receiving ends of those bans might not see it that way, but so be it.

Whether it was "deserved" or not - Kyrin was the common (I'm taking this anecdotally, because I don't pay enough attention to all the threads, chat rooms, and shoutbox action to have much of a view on it myself) denominator in a few areas of unrest, and thus the simplest solution (most effect, least cost) to multiple problems was a single ban.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You:
More
5 years 10 months ago #322443 by Brick

JamesSand wrote: Anyone who cares can easily see Kyrin either has a cognitive problem, or is deliberately provocative, and is rarely willing to simply "raise an interesting point" and instead straps a saddle to it and rides it full pelt at anyone willing to joust.

I'd disagree with that James. Deliberately provocative is maybe right, but hse generally furthers the discussion and debate in a good way. I disagree with most of what Kyrin says most of the time, but I've never once experienced her attack me personally, or had her ride full pelt into me lol.

She's actually remarkably easy to get along with, so long as one is respectful to her. Which many people, unfortunately, aren't.

everyone is, one way or another, feeling a bit....namby-pamby, about who made it, why they made it, were they in a position to make it? who do they think they are? not my real dad, certainly, and look at those puppy dog eyes, how can you stay mad forever?

Again, I disagree :laugh: I know who made the decision on Kyrin, I know why they made that decision, I agree with their right to make the decision on Kyrin, and I agree(ish) with the decision that they made about Kyrin.

I'm also not particularly interested in who my real father is, and my stone cold, heartless soul has never fallen for puppy-go eyes :laugh: :laugh:

I just disagree with the double standard on how we treat rule breakers

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd,
More
5 years 10 months ago #322444 by JamesSand

I just disagree with the double standard on how we treat rule breakers

There is something in us that demands fairness isn't there?

Well, I say "us".

I'm perfectly happy to jump to the front of ques, and I'll happily take more than my share of mustard.

Funny though, we are particularly demanding of fairness from those with some kind of power over us.

We might even feel, on the "rare" occasion that we are in the seat of influence, that we are quite right in taking what we can get, because of all the other times the world was not fair....

supermarkets are always over charging us, so when they forget to scan the oatbars....well, it's only right we get the odd freebie isn't it?

Has Kyrin been unfair to everyone, and this is the moderators freebie? or are the moderators unfair, and Kyrin getting in a few sideways verbal strikes the freebie?
More
5 years 10 months ago #322445 by Brick

JamesSand wrote: I like to think than banning Kyrin (or anyone else at any given time)....call it "gagging" them if you will, is more of a tactical decision for the peace of the forum participants than it is a hard standpoint made by the "guardians of jediism" against unwanted viewpoints.

I'm fine with that, but it should still be consistent.

I'm bothered about what was the 'right' or 'wrong' thing to do. I'm bothered by the inconsistency.

As I said earlier, we've established a precedent whereby I can say and do whatever I like so long as the forum, as a whole, agrees with me. But once the forum, as a whole, disagrees with me I'll be banned.

My behaviour hasn't changed, just other people's perception of it. I can't account for other people's subjective perceptions of my behaviour. So I have no way of preventing myself from being banned.

We've created a system where it's impossible for people to 'change their behaviour'. Because it's not 'their behaviour' we have a problem with, it's their opinions.

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
More
5 years 10 months ago #322446 by Brick

JamesSand wrote: Funny though, we are particularly demanding of fairness from those with some kind of power over us.

Because they control the chess board. We can't play unless we know the rules. Granted, different pieces are able to do different things, but someone need to tell us which piece we are otherwise we can't move for fear of breaking the rules lol

- Knight Senan
More
5 years 10 months ago #322447 by JamesSand

As I said earlier, we've established a precedent whereby I can say and do whatever I like so long as the forum, as a whole, agrees with me. But once the forum, as a whole, disagrees with me I'll be banned.

:laugh: Hah.

Sounds like the lament of a fallen tyrant...

"up until then, everyone was agreeing with me....."

It's not pleasant, but that's more or less how things work. I don't wear trousers, people won't sell me coffee.

I don't see it as reasonable, but I like coffee, so I wear trousers, at least until our transaction is completed.
More
5 years 10 months ago #322448 by JamesSand

Because they control the chess board. We can't play unless we know the rules. Granted, different pieces are able to do different things, but someone need to tell us which piece we are otherwise we can't move for fear of breaking the rules lol

I get the frustration, I really do, but if TotJO is the Chess Board, Kyrin insisted on bringing that little hat from Monopoly, and in the greater scheme of Jediism, perhaps we better be more concerned about the table, or the floorboards, than about how those little horsey pieces move.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi