Jian (See)

More
6 years 5 months ago #305015 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Jian (See)

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Rules are only implemented to enforce a perspective. The problem with the rules here is that they are skewed so far to one aspect they no longer reflect reality. And when that happens they become ineffective. It is the very reason the Jedi philosophy is doomed to failure, both in real life and in the movies. Censorship is never an effective means of governship. So shall I repost my comments, that did not call names but only called into question behaviour, no I shall not. What is the point, here in this place?

What perspective is enforced? I see plenty of disagreement and arguing. The rules are there to keep a particular level of civility and nothing more. No one forces anyone to see things their way Streen is a clear example of that.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305019 by
Replied by on topic Jian (See)

MadHatter wrote: What perspective is enforced? I see plenty of disagreement and arguing. The rules are there to keep a particular level of civility and nothing more. No one forces anyone to see things their way Streen is a clear example of that.

Sorry but that's just not true. The rules here are there to enforce a particular worldview, nothing more. My comments were harsh but civil because they were honest and addressed the core of an ongoing issue with streen. Those comments were summarily deleted with no review or due process.

More
6 years 5 months ago #305020 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Jian (See)

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

MadHatter wrote: What perspective is enforced? I see plenty of disagreement and arguing. The rules are there to keep a particular level of civility and nothing more. No one forces anyone to see things their way Streen is a clear example of that.

Sorry but that's just not true. The rules here are there to enforce a particular worldview, nothing more. My comments were harsh but civil because they were honest and addressed the core of an ongoing issue with streen. Those comments were summarily deleted with no review or due process.

As I asked. What view? In what way? How is a view enforced by asking you to attack an idea and not a person? As far as the deletion process we have Temple moderators whose job it is to enforce the rules. That is the due process.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305021 by
If you'd like due process put in a review to the council. The post isn't permanently deleted. If they find it reasonable I will gladly return it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305022 by

MadHatter wrote:
As I asked. What view? In what way? How is a view enforced by asking you to attack an idea and not a person? As far as the deletion process we have Temple moderators whose job it is to enforce the rules. That is the due process.

It's slanted to the views of the phililosilophical worldview espoused by this board. I did not attack a person, but the behaviour. Your worldview coddles that behaviour and thus encourages it's continuation. As for the role of moderators here they are crap. Back in the day, when jester moderated, it was a totally different story. He contacted individuals and got reasons and selectively edited according to agreement. There were no wholesale deletions. The mods here now are pathetic.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #305024 by
Warning: Spoiler!

These are quotes from you. These are insults. So please, once again, talk about ideas not people.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305025 by
I don't want to delete anything. I want us to have civil conversations and debates. But unfortunately that just doesn't happen.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #305026 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jian (See)

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: ..... There were no wholesale deletions. The mods here now are pathetic.

Yea there were. Maybe not for you, I dunno and I'm not going to check that far back....but I've had more 'conversations' with you about rephrasing things without the offensive language then any other member here, and you've had repeated warnings and selective edits from me alone.

If you keep being told your doing wrong thing and are advised how to avoid it, but keep doing it, then its perfectly acceptable to expect different manners of redress. Either you follow the rules or the rules change. Enforcement of the rules varies between the spirit and the letter - to educate about the rules and how to follow them, but then changes to enforce them if someone proves they are intent on breaking them. That is how I remember Jestor telling me how to do it anyway.... Also, its Jestor, not jester FYI.

So my application as Mod was to start moderating someone easy, and get a bit harsher the more they repeated the same breach. So if the question is about whether that sort of language is acceptable, its already in the rules, the first one in the abridged list in the FAQ says;

1. Please use respectful language, do not be abusive and swear only where appropriate.

I'd argue that what is appropriate from that sentence is defined by being respectful and not abusive. Name calling is not respectful, is abusive, and therefore not appropriate. But breaking the rules over and over and then complaining about the resultant actions by moderators is certainly an unusual way to start a discussion about moderation, if that is your intent, or is it just a whinge, either way please do not derail threads with your own grievances.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305032 by
Oh yea blah blah blah... The talking heads drone on. It's this very same bullcrap that has allowed streen to continue on with this same bullshit for years. He's never grown and has never changed his tune. He even admits her been banned from almost every Jedi side in existence. Why do you think that is? Because you continue to indulge him and coddle him and give him the dysfunctional attention he desires. Sometimes people need a boot to the head. Streen needs a boot to the head, nothing more and nothing less. If that doesnt help he needs banned, outright. But right now your methods are as inneffective in helping him as is your worldview.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305034 by
Back on topic please. If you want to start a thread on the subject of moderation, please do.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi