Public
6 years 5 months ago #305399 by
Replied by on topic Jian (See)
I understand, thank you for answering.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #305404 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Jian (See)

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Yes, this is what I want to see! Get mad! Tell it like it is.

I retract from my previous comment. If your MO is to stir others into letting out a more raw, unfiltered, organic (i.e. honest) response, then your delivery has been spot on.

Tip o' the hat to you, m'Lady.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #305406 by

Manu wrote: I retract from my previous comment. If your MO is to stir others into letting out a more raw, unfiltered, organic (i.e. honest) response, then your delivery has been spot on.

Tip o' the hat to you, m'Lady.

Yes you have touched on what I am trying to do here. There are no masters here, mastery does not come from study, it comes from experience. This is the problem with the Jedi movement in general and this place specifically. True masters like mine, Alan, are eventually pushed out because of the juvenile politics of this place. They don't listen to the true masters and so the masters move on, rightly so as is their character as a true master. If the student refuses to learn they are left behind.

I have continued to study with and under the spirit of my master outside the politics of this place as was the original intent of the Jedi. The temple does not make the Jedi, the Jedi makes the temple. I am the temple.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #305407 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jian (See)
Devo, thought I was a master, how raw dis feeling is......

It's good to hear your still working with Alan, but I'm pretty sure the title of Master here does not equate with how your using the term master. I'd suggest get to know some folk if you want to understand more about them and if they fit your particular definition of 'master'.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305409 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Atticus wrote:

Tellahane wrote: I think you care a great deal more than you realize because your making such a deal out of it. As far as not a this or that or other, you don't have to be any of those things to do it....you know that right?

That's a misread, man. Kyrin doesn't actually want anything done. Kyrin wants to point and scold. I think it would actually spoil a lot of the fun if we actually did what was being suggested.

@atticus, you don't know me nor have you ever bothered to understand what I'm about. Your operating out of your own biased preconceived perceptions and that is why you're continuing to mischaracterize me.

If you think I'm mis-characterizing you, Kyrin, then help me understand. You level a complaint about the Clergy, I try to address it with you personally, and you ignore me. But then you again bring up the same complaint (upstream in this thread, if I'm not mistaken). Seems logical to conclude that you don't really want it to change, maybe because then you'd have one less thing to accuse us of. That's actually a fairly common pattern of behavior from people who are hurt or believe they have been treated unfairly. I see it a lot.

On reflection, though, I do think it was probably unfair of me to use the idiomatic "fun" the way I did. That was an assumption based upon our transactional history, and I am sorry if that hurt you.

So how are we doing so far? I sincerely want to know.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #305410 by
Where do you feel i ignored you? Because honestly I may have missed it. I didn't mean to ignore you but as you claim of me, it seems you were slighted by your perception of my unfair treatment of you instead of addressing the issue as you have finally done here.

Life is unfair for all of us. But if in our personal interactions we can't get past those personal perceptions of disrespect and see a bigger picture then successful communication is almost impossible.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305413 by
I'm not slighted in the slightest. :D But opinions are opinions, and facts are facts. I'll put the rest in your inbox.

More
6 years 5 months ago #305430 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Jian (See)
Yeah, I made an excellent valid argument somewhere in here, o'well... Lol

https://youtu.be/Gpc5_3B5xdk

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305442 by
Maybe there shouldn't be any masters. We're always learning anyway.

It happens in almost every religious system. It starts as a quest for at-one-ment. Eventually though, members begin chasing the power and prestige associated with the title "master".. whether or not they've mastered themselves.. much less remembering their original search for at-one-ment..

Personally I think it should refer to a position rather than a rank. If "the greatest among 'us' will be a servant to all" it's only right that it denotes a position of service, not a rank of prestige. Like minister, a master is a caretaker of those in his charge.. If we are to maintain the "respect for the human person"..

Maybe once you reach knight, that should be it.. So we'll follow "The Force" and not fallible "masters" or personal lusts.. Every knight, an equal member. Voting to fill the positions needed to service the younger and unlearned members..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305469 by

Jaedon Adar-Barnaby wrote: Maybe there shouldn't be any masters. We're always learning anyway.

It happens in almost every religious system. It starts as a quest for at-one-ment. Eventually though, members begin chasing the power and prestige associated with the title "master".. whether or not they've mastered themselves.. much less remembering their original search for at-one-ment..

Personally I think it should refer to a position rather than a rank. If "the greatest among 'us' will be a servant to all" it's only right that it denotes a position of service, not a rank of prestige. Like minister, a master is a caretaker of those in his charge.. If we are to maintain the "respect for the human person"..

Maybe once you reach knight, that should be it.. So we'll follow "The Force" and not fallible "masters" or personal lusts.. Every knight, an equal member. Voting to fill the positions needed to service the younger and unlearned members..

I completely agree with most of this, truth be told. But I approach the term "rank" with a different perspective than some, perhaps. Before I came here, I was at another training site where no one was Knighted, from the administration on down. For much of that time, the best you could hope for in terms of "graduating upward" was moving from n00b to Novice (and it took me three or four years to gain that single step). It was a big thing for most of us when we started making Knighthood plans, and even then that had more to do with offline activities than anything involving the school.

So for me, a "rank" is not a mark of prestige, or even authority, it's a symbol of eligibility. Here, when you "graduate" to Initiate, you become eligible for an Apprenticeship. When you become an Apprentice, you become eligible to enter into an individualized teacher-student relationship. When you become a Knight, you become eligible to hold most offices, and eventually perhaps to take on an Apprentice of your own. Clergy works the same way: Seminarians become eligible to begin the clerical training; LCPs become eligible to preside over liturgy, OCPs become eligible to take Confiding, etc. But none of these, except arguably the Apprenticeship, are about what someone is eligible to get from the Temple, but about what they become eligible to give to the Temple.

Which kind of goes back to how this thread began, many sidetracks ago (mea culpa). Streen's been working at this Jedi thing a good long time, and he has insights worth sharing. I actually dug that first excerpt he posted. Totally eligible to do that in Open Discussions, he undoubtedly is, and if it would have stopped there I would have welcomed this thread as an opportunity to reflect presented by a "guest lecturer," so to speak. There are people who aren't part of this Temple structure, but they come and share ideas and insights with us, and we welcome them for the most part. I've learned more from Khaos than I have from some of the folks here, if for no other reason than the change in perspective.

If someone from outside the Temple, or outside the Clergy, wants to show something that helps illuminate what *I* might be doing wrong, that's cool with me. I'm down to listen to whatever will help me be a better Jedi or a better minister. But one of the reasons I have had such a problem with this thread (mea culpa) is it seemed to me to quickly become about what *we* are doing wrong, and not in a constructive "hey, have you ever tried . . . ?" sort of way. As so many members of calmer temperament than I (mea maxima culpa) have pointed out upstream, everyone is eligible to bring suggestions.

I'm out of time, so I'm just going to have to end with my apologies for being short-tempered yesterday.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi