The Problems with TotJO

More
6 years 11 months ago #284884 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic The Problems with TotJO

FTPC wrote: I have been here for two years, My problem with Tojo is Journal Security,
they need to better Journal Security around here. keyword NEED

Are you referring to your own Journal? Marta, Roslyn and myself comment in your Journal because we want to see you succeed, and Knight's do have that right If they feel strongly enough to post comments.

Most don't get one Knight to comment, I certainly wish more would have posted in my journal when I started the IP five years ago. If my commenting in your Journal is a problem I apologize and will cease immediately out of respect...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: FTPC, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #284887 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic The Problems with TotJO
Z
Dude I have no beef with you, check your pages outside tojo and you will see my reason and answer

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

More
6 years 11 months ago #284893 by Alethea Thompson
Zenchi, his issue is that he doesn't want just anyone to see his work. He asked if that was a feature available at FA as well. Teddy, the journals here ae actually a lot more secure than the ones we have at FA. ;)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
6 years 11 months ago #284894 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic The Problems with TotJO
you could have told me that over FB laughs
ok no worries Sailor Scout

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #284903 by
Replied by on topic The Problems with TotJO

FTPC wrote: you could have told me that over FB laughs
ok no worries Sailor Scout

I for one refuse to tell you anything over fb in future , seeing you took this out in the open space yourself , i will say this for the last time , this is a open learning enviroment and yes , the other Novices and Apprentices and Knights and up can read the journals , we do this so we can learn from eachother , its actually quite secure and we test for plagiarism at a regular bases, you being afraid of someone stealing your journal is an unfounded fear in my opinion. And if you ever mention it again i cant take you serious anymore. All the time you spend complaining to me and the rest of the Jedi community you could have spend on studying and meditating.

So Jedi , its your choice

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #284904 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic The Problems with TotJO
This message contains confidential information

B)

Edit: It flies in the face of open learning environment, but if you want privacy* the option is there.

*Heh, privacy online.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #284906 by

JamesSand wrote:

B)

Edit: It flies in the face of open learning environment, but if you want privacy* the option is there.

*Heh, privacy online.

Privacy online is an illusion indeed , and i for one dont want to feed paranoia here and the option you mentioned is not accepted when you want to study here , at least not when you want me to guide you anyway , I am all for security ( well i would be would not i ) but we have this construct for a reason ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #284908 by

FTPC wrote: My problem with Tojo is Journal Security,
they need to better Journal Security around here. keyword NEED

Why?

Seriously... what problem do you have evidence of that's caused by people being able to see each other's journals?

I remember advising you when you were ready to respond to your first lesson that this is how we work, this is how training here works. To get the training you have to abide by the training practices. Not prepared to do one = not able to benefit from the other. It is your choice to train with us, or with whatever other organisation you find out there.

We are a community, offering training as a community to people who want to participate in our community. Community is therefore at the heart of the way we train. We do this because we care about our community and like welcoming people to it. We are not free private tutors who provide whatever you want, in whatever format you want, and expect nothing in return. We do not offer tailored 1-1 training with every new member who comes through the door, one because we do not have the resources and manpower to do so, and two specifically because there is benefit in asking people to open themselves up to the community they wish to train with - to both the individual, and the community. In your case, you are receiving this 1-1 training despite your complaints about the community and your mistrustful approach so far which has lead to your fellow Jedi reaching out to offer you additional help with your training - something they can only do because they can read your journal.

And yet, that is not enough... OK.

The way we work, works. Yet for two years you have harboured these same misgivings and that has limited your capacity to succeed here. From my perspective, far from the Temple needing to change it's attitude, you are the one who seems to have an issue you need to address around trusting your fellow Jedi with your own thoughts and reflections. If you're not prepared to do the work, openly and honestly, and if you're not prepared to be open to the Temple about who you are and what you think, imho you're not ready to progress through the training we offer here.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by .

More
6 years 11 months ago #284928 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Problems with TotJO
I would suggest that any conversation regarding an individual should probably kept to PM..

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #284931 by
Fair enough.

The conversation was initiated here and continued here, that's all.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi