The Problems with TotJO

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #289972 by
Replied by on topic The Problems with TotJO
I think you misunderstand what TOTJO is and also what we do offer here. I have studied the IP, went through an apprenticeship, and completed the first tier in the Seminary. I have a pretty good understanding of our training and also a good understanding of our membership. So let’s hit a couple points.
I see you believe that we simply talk about being Jedi but don’t attempt to grow into more or do more. I counter-offer a couple things and agree to some extent. One, we aren’t an evangelical religion. Some of us don’t even call this a religion. We don’t spread the word and convert. We serve and do it humbly. Which leads to two. Humility tells us not to come back to the forums and boast of our stories of heroism and valor. Servitude remains behind the scenes.
Three, our membership has varying reasons for being here. Some come to help. Some come to heal. Some come to not be alone. Some come because they want to live the monastic and noble life of a Jedi. On this site we have multiple threads on these topics. Beyond the veil of what a guest can see is much larger forum with many discussions and a lot of activity inside and outside of the Temple. We have plans, aspirations, and goals. We are turning dreams and a vision into reality. Naturally we have to discuss it. A LOT. And we rightly should. This isn’t something to go off and do half-cocked.
Four. My apprenticeship accomplished much more than what you claim we offer. It showed me how to translate these discussions and our doctrine into action. It took me outside my comfort zone and made me go out into “the real world". Who I am now is drastically different because of my training. My studies in the Seminary made me take a hard look at what is required to live a life of servitude and gave me the tools to do that effectively and universally.
I agree that at a first glance we don’t look to wish to do more in “the real world". I assure you we have had those conversations in multitude and we will again in multitude. What you don’t see is that our training gives us the tools to help society. To build this Temple. To be better people. However our training tells us to do whatever it is we want to do with the tools. Chase YOUR goals in the Jedi path. Walk YOUR path. Our goals don’t all align. It’s up to us individually to come together. How do we do that? This forum.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
6 years 9 months ago #289984 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic The Problems with TotJO
WOW..... Do I feel as if I was talking out my Ass. And I mean Ass in my imply.... Everyone needs to take a step back and just take a breath, do not think on this subject for a short time and reproach in a calm manner. This is a very STRONG SUGESSTION!!!

I sat in chat last night and just watched the banter back and forth, James Sands, and I never call anyone out, stating he was making his own Jedi Order, and folks just went back and forth and back and forth.... If that's what you wish James, I support you quest and Best Wishes...

Thought to my self, I have seen this crap over and over again in the last 11 years and watch friends become enemies, loss of members due to misunderstandings and so on. This subject needs to be closed and lock and a New subject needs to be introduced, such as What would help the Temple Be A Better Place? Suggestions please...

Many seasoned members can tell you I am like the mother that you can not see yet I come in when necessary... I do this to better the Temple...

Here's some topics that I am addressing on the statements in this Topic.

I have been around others that debate a simple question, Temple/Church building etc.,

From all precepts of religion this has been one for years and years.... Here is an answer to it that I have hears well over 500 times in the last 10 years...

A Temple/Church/Synagogue etc., must have a building in order to Worship.... "THIS IS A CROCK OF CRAP" and here's why.... What is a Church or a Temple or Synagogue, etc. Is it a building... NO! A Building is just that, a building.... If it were to be burned by fire to the ground, would you say it's gone? Majority would believe "YES", but here's fact... What makes a Church or a Temple or Synagogue, etc.??? the People is what makes it. You can have gatherings in a field , someone's home. Beachside, and so on. We have been told over the years this would not work... We 11 years later We're still here...

Don't fall into the fallacy that a physical Building is what makes it.....

Now. I can see where there is personality texting going on. Not one person is greater than another when sharing ideas. Personality with Power statements are traps. There will be a Post later about Conduct later TODAY!!! My fur has be ruffled....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi