Physical TOTJO Temple in Texas Project

More
10 years 1 month ago #141237 by Eleven
I spent last night reading all the posts I looked at them and woke up this morning and went into meditation. This is an old subject that grew very heated last time. I think multiple Masters and Jedi remember it well...I believe my opinion is still the same as it was then. I think it would be good but, a lit of work and devotion from not just Br. John or Master Jestor but, it would require everybody...honestly, I am uncertain everyone can. I founded my own small church about 2 1/2 yrs. Ago (I have a U.L.C license) I was A LOT of hard work...We never got a "building project" but, we founded the church at my friends house for a short time. We had 3 people to start off with and grew to 10 but, eventually I went to India and the Minister I left with them lost the attention of faithful and when I got back I had to close it...very hard to do. But, I never asked for money, tithes, offerings...NOTHING. What resources I had were solely out of my own expenses.It was a tough one...but, its not impossible. Its just gonna require the entire devotion of TOTO to achieve it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #141250 by
I completely agree sven, we can't expect john to bail any payments out if we can't afford. It must be a community thing.

As for reasons we want our own place rather than just any old park is for meditation.

There exists methods of meditation which are truly amazing and beneficial. There are even more than just what I've listed.

1. http://news.discovery.com/human/life/worlds-quietest-room-will-drive-you-crazy-in-30-minutes.htm
We could make a sound proof room which allows one to hear your own internal processes as you meditate.

2. http://zrdavis.com/sensory-underload-ninety-minutes-inside-an-isolation-tank/
Isolation tanks are awesome and are notorious for allowing deep mediation. Ive heard it forces you into meditation.

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQh1AT6qUE
A giant ferrofluid tree would be good for visual meditation?

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-MkZfgEDdM
These singing bowls are perfect to induce meditation and calmness.

5. Outside meditation in nature would be another classic approach. Perhaps incense burning? (causes changes in your brain akin to anxiety drugs)

Where else could you find all of these things in one temple?

We could offer all of these for free and receive donations for it all.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by .

More
10 years 1 month ago #141252 by Whyte Horse
This reminds me of the discussions that occur when people plan intentional communities. I don't know why you would want land in the US. It's the most overpriced, overregulated, depressing, police statey, nazi, corporate a-hole place on the planet. For the amount that one person pays in rent for a year you could get great land elsewhere like Ecuador, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, etc. If you had 2 people pool their resources you could probably get twice as much, and so on and so forth.

I used to be one of those people who had to plan everything in advance. Days turn into weeks, weeks to months, months to years. Eventually you hit 65 and waste your whole life for what? Take a look back on your life and ask yourself what you're doing. Is it worth it? Is it really what you want to be doing? Do you enjoy cutting your sleep cycle short with a blaring alarm clock followed by force-feeding yourself, force-evacuating yourself, hurriedly getting ready and rushing off into high-speed traffic so that you can sit at a desk for the next 8 hours doing a job you hate for people you can't stand? Well maybe Cambodia is looking pretty good right about now isn't it?

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #141253 by Adder
Cambodia, heck no. I had friends recently visit relatives there and they had to pay off a customs/security agent to board their flight home, and I think you need to be an Indonesian citizen to buy land in Indonesia? PNG might be good if the locals were on side.... and it's close to a 'western' nation if evacuation or specialized medical care is required LOL I'm biased naturally since it would be close to home. What you going to do there Whyte Horse, meditate and survive, or help the locals in some way?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #141255 by
$1,400 isn't over priced in my opinion. The problem with other countries is that cost will be so much to be able to visit.

And with this texas location, there are many tourists.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 1 month ago #141257 by Brenna

Drexid wrote: $1,400 isn't over priced in my opinion. The problem with other countries is that cost will be so much to be able to visit.

And with this texas location, there are many tourists.

So do it.

Organise a fundraiser.

Buy some land.

Bring your vision to life.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #141265 by
I hate to put a twist in this but...

I have been thinking, as I get closer to retirement, of buying a plot of land and opening my own church that is incorporated in Illinois. I would be doing it on my own and under my own business name. As a clergy member of TOTJO, I may be able to get a tax break as a church.

It would be a Jedi Temple called M.O.S. Nespin and follow the teachings of the Temple of the Jedi Order. But because I incorporate it in Illinois, it would be separate, and I would own it. It would be like starting your own Universal Life Church. It is your church but you follow a doctrine created by someone else.

Having too many cooks spoil the stew, but feeding a multitude makes the stew very good indeed.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #141266 by
Why is this putting in a twist? This is exactly what SHOULD happen! :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #141267 by
You know, I think I just got lost as I read all the posts. I thought I would say it so I could understand it. :laugh:

More
10 years 1 month ago #141268 by steamboat28

Connor Lidell wrote: Why is this putting in a twist? This is exactly what SHOULD happen! :D

That's one opinion, I suppose. Another would be that if it's run just like TOTJO by TOTJO clergy it should maybe probably be a subsidiary of TOTJO, in case of any trademark/copyright/IP (no, not that kind) disputes.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi