Our next hangout will be June 11, 2020 17hrs GMT to 19hrs GMT in Discord
The link is here: discord.com/invite/nhZvH6T
Ask Me Anything: Steamboat Edition.
Edan wrote: Who or what do you feel is your greatest influence.
The three human beings who have shaped me the most are Fred Rogers (of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood fame), Jim Henson (creator of the Muppets), and Vlad III (y'know, the Impaler.) Rogers taught me to be kind and try my best and always care for others. Henson taught me to always stretch my imagination and creativity. Tepes taught me that sometimes, you really just have to stop being nice to people.
ReallyRiver wrote: What is it that makes you believe you are / can be a divisive influence?
I have a certain personality type that doesn't lend well to certain kinds of social interaction. I'm a know-it-all, a mostly-logical thinker, I believe I'm always right, and I almost never back down from my position without overwhelming evidence. I'm loud, brash, and not always polite. I'm adamant and stubborn and vociferous. Essentially, I'm abrasive.
ReallyRiver wrote: Where would you like to take pilgrimages to, and why those places?
- The Abrahamic Holy Land, because I tend to hold an Abrahamic faith.
- Stonehenge, because it is an ancient place of power.
- Shikoku, to go on the Shikoku Pilgrimage, an 88 temple Buddhist route, for a nice long hike.
- Any major Shinto shrine, because I am also an animist
- Anywhere in Mongolia especially sacred under the Eternal Blue Sky, because Mongolian shamanism is an interest of mine.