Do we hide behind our titles? Thoughts?

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #301162 by Adder

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I love to read those who have found avenues to visit further in many paths. Not like me but , like me! I say if I can give Mr Crowley a college try I can ceartinly only look into those as well. Ahhh labels that add not take away! Thanks for those two! We may share a few more conections after these two studies! Much and many banks again Adder!! May the Force we share already ... Be with you !

And with you!
Hehe, don't quote me though. Mostly the assertion is that 'buddhahood' is not a construct but rather revealing an already existing more pure state of self, which is why Buddhism is so damn closely aligned with Taoism in its essence IMO. My big but is if looking past the belief of it, the practices are an example of effecting change in self such that perhaps its beliefs are required to be viewed as part of that process, rather then separate, so its interesting to consider a Jedi form of it all. :side:

But perhaps a salient point is a title can mean more then one thing..

Attachment taves-11.png not found

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #301293 by Wescli Wardest

Alexandre Orion wrote: I'm not so sure that "many" people are murderers or sexual offenders ... All human beings, vegan or not, are predators. We just don't notice it so much when we get our food from the supermarket, but lots of other living beings had to die for us to have it. So, prédation - check, we're it. Part of being Jedi (which I too consider more of an adjective than an noun) is some recognition of our place in the food chain as part of "(human)-beingness". Humans aren't the only predators in nature, nor are we not prey just because very few of us get eaten by other animals these days. There are still animals that indeed would eat us and as a matter of fact sometimes get to do.

Every human being is doted with the potential to recognise that fascination with just existence. It is truly what sets our species apart from most - but possibly not all - other species of life on the planet. In this way, it is possible, however unlikely, that every human being could come to an awareness of this vital experience of being alive (intended semantic redundancy), symbolised by the heroic cycle and glimpsing from time to time (it can't be a memory) participation in the myth. Thus, everyone could be Jedi.

And to go back to "not many of us", albeit I find relativism extended too far philosophically paralysing, it may be useful for one evident (to me) observation. That is : there are something like 7,5 billion of us homo sapiens in this world. How many of us actually do turn out to be murderers and sexual offenders ? I'm sure that if they were all in one place, that might be a pretty scary place to be -- but they aren't. To be honest, what I find even more frightening is the notion that as 'civilised' human beings (sic), we can go through life with a bunch of convictions about morality without considering what it is. Even worse, how many of us 'civilised' folk are not murderers or sexual offenders merely because we don't want to suffer the judicial and/or social consequences ? Perhaps that has something to do with what we refer to as Jedi too... That is what your quotation by Jung is implying, Manu : "One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious" We are all potentially killers and rapists ; we all have instincts that run head-long into collision with what is socially acceptable. 'Socially acceptable' changes radically even in groups within cultures ... but then, I'm not an adherent to moral relativism (even more philosophically paralysing). :cheer:

This is a good reply.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Eleven, Alexandre Orion, OB1Shinobi, FTPC, Kobos, Brick

More
6 years 7 months ago #301417 by FTPC
Wait I have a question about this topic

are we talking about Titles /ranks on tojo or Are we talking about our ranks or roles in life,?

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

More
6 years 7 months ago #301418 by Kobos
All of the above lol........it all kinda melded together.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 7 months ago #302055 by FTPC
and Might I add
People hide behind there face book groups as well

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302559 by
I think titles are a mistake. I grew up in a Jedi community that didn't give out titles. I mean no disrespect to the system built here, but I feel that the Jedi work more freely in a community of equals. In essence, everyone teaches everyone else, in spite of their experience. A teacher is a student and a student is a teacher. Sharing of knowledge is all that really matters.

Again, no offense, that's just how most of my experience as a Jedi went, and it worked. Not that I consider myself a Jedi anymore.

More
6 years 6 months ago #302587 by Br. John

Streen wrote: I think titles are a mistake. I grew up in a Jedi community that didn't give out titles. I mean no disrespect to the system built here, but I feel that the Jedi work more freely in a community of equals. In essence, everyone teaches everyone else, in spite of their experience. A teacher is a student and a student is a teacher. Sharing of knowledge is all that really matters.

Again, no offense, that's just how most of my experience as a Jedi went, and it worked. Not that I consider myself a Jedi anymore.

How about universities without professors and degrees?

Attachment kliban01.gif not found

Founder of The Order
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
6 years 6 months ago #302603 by Eleven
I agree with Br. John statement that is very true. I am not going to go into what i have already said in past posts on this thread but, your going to need someone to teach you what you don't know already.

Great, example I am a Night Mgr. at my store. My responsibility, is to count all the tills in the store make sure the cashiers that day are accurate if not I write it down and correct it, I issue refunds, loans to the cashiers, deposit cash into the Master till and so on. I won't bore you with the rest moving on...

I have got a mini promotion and am now Mid shift Mgr. of the store which is nice I can get home at a reasonable hour of the day and not 11:30 to midnight. Now, I am training two new associates to be PICs (person in charge) at nights. I got one who I trained prior and he is doing well. However, I just got another one hired and he doesn't listen to a thing I say. I have mentioned it to my boss and corrective action is happening.

The other night I sat him down in the office and had a conversation with him by himself. He's a young man, he's got his own real-state job and he's good at doing it from what I understand...it's also made him very arrogant. I sat him down and explained to him, "Look, you work Real-State right?" I said.
"Yeah, I do." He said smiling.
"Okay, so I am going to tell you I know nothing about that line of work." I said.
"Okay and?" I replied.
"Well, say I wanted to be under you and your trying your training me the ins and outs of how to do the job correctly right? Okay, and say I didn't want to listen and I kept making big mistakes because I didn't want to listen to you right? You'd probably be really mad at me right?" I said.
"Oh yeah I'd fire you." He said laughing.
"Okay, thank you. I have been in retail for over 15 years and I have done this job longer than you have...you have no experience at all in retail right? Okay, if you want to continue doing this job you need to listen to me otherwise it's not going to work out...do you understand? I want to help you but, I have to have you listen. Your making mistakes already and they're big ones your dealing with the stores assets yours and mine paychecks...what we pay our vendors and sales reps for our production...Do you understand what I am saying?"

My point being Titles and offices are put in place to help those who want to learn and better themselves to have someone to teach them...whether it be a store mgr. a foreman, a professor at a university or a Jedi Master teaching an Apprentice how to become a Jedi Knight. There are always some people who are going to pave the way before you arrived and who you can learn from. I think we need to honor the patrons that came before us.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302889 by

Br. John wrote: How about universities without professors and degrees?

Is this a university? Are you a professor? Do we have nationally recognized degrees?

This is a spiritual organization, yes? Colleges are made so people can earn a degree to prove their knowledge to get a decent job. The human spirit has no fixed levels, no set status, nor even cemented pathways to achieve spiritual insight.

"Br." John, you are so frozen inside your own self-imposed system that you can't see beyond it. You and the other leaders of this website have rigidified this community so much so that it can only be described, at worst, as a cult. At best, it is a dogma. How this came to be baffles me. People used to have freedom. Wisdom was generously shared, not locked up inside ranks, accessible only to the select few who follow your rules.

One might wonder why I'm even here. Perhaps I enjoy these little debates. Perhaps I want to show people that there are other ways to achieve understanding. Perhaps I have nothing better to do. Why is a question always deeper than its answer.

There are always some people who are going to pave the way before you arrived and who you can learn from. I think we need to honor the patrons that came before us.

That's an ironic statement, Sven, given that I've been doing this for over 20 years. I helped create the Jedi community. And yet, every time I come here, I am disrespected as if I am some noob or inexperienced moron. I'm not asking for "honor", as you put it, but it would be nice to be acknowledged.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #302890 by

Streen wrote: That's an ironic statement, Sven, given that I've been doing this for over 20 years. I helped create the Jedi community. And yet, every time I come here, I am disrespected as if I am some noob or inexperienced moron. I'm not asking for "honor", as you put it, but it would be nice to be acknowledged.

I would recommend perhaps changing your point of view a tad. You're taking statements quite personally that seem to be more of a general statement.

Streen wrote: Why is a question always deeper than its answer.

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi