Do we hide behind our titles? Thoughts?

10 Sep 2017 21:27 - 10 Sep 2017 21:35 #301162 by Adder
Adder replied the topic: Do we hide behind our titles? Thoughts?

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I love to read those who have found avenues to visit further in many paths. Not like me but , like me! I say if I can give Mr Crowley a college try I can ceartinly only look into those as well. Ahhh labels that add not take away! Thanks for those two! We may share a few more conections after these two studies! Much and many banks again Adder!! May the Force we share already ... Be with you !

And with you!
Hehe, don't quote me though. Mostly the assertion is that 'buddhahood' is not a construct but rather revealing an already existing more pure state of self, which is why Buddhism is so damn closely aligned with Taoism in its essence IMO. My big but is if looking past the belief of it, the practices are an example of effecting change in self such that perhaps its beliefs are required to be viewed as part of that process, rather then separate, so its interesting to consider a Jedi form of it all. :side:

But perhaps a salient point is a title can mean more then one thing..

Knight of Jediism
GDip Comp, A.Div, CertIV Eng(Mech), MCP
Kni -- Deg -- Sem -- Vid -- Med -- Mod

Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 Sep 2017 21:35 by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sven One, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Sep 2017 15:17 #301293 by Wescli Wardest
Wescli Wardest replied the topic: Do we hide behind our titles? Thoughts?

Alexandre Orion wrote: I'm not so sure that "many" people are murderers or sexual offenders ... All human beings, vegan or not, are predators. We just don't notice it so much when we get our food from the supermarket, but lots of other living beings had to die for us to have it. So, prédation - check, we're it. Part of being Jedi (which I too consider more of an adjective than an noun) is some recognition of our place in the food chain as part of "(human)-beingness". Humans aren't the only predators in nature, nor are we not prey just because very few of us get eaten by other animals these days. There are still animals that indeed would eat us and as a matter of fact sometimes get to do.

Every human being is doted with the potential to recognise that fascination with just existence. It is truly what sets our species apart from most - but possibly not all - other species of life on the planet. In this way, it is possible, however unlikely, that every human being could come to an awareness of this vital experience of being alive (intended semantic redundancy), symbolised by the heroic cycle and glimpsing from time to time (it can't be a memory) participation in the myth. Thus, everyone could be Jedi.

And to go back to "not many of us", albeit I find relativism extended too far philosophically paralysing, it may be useful for one evident (to me) observation. That is : there are something like 7,5 billion of us homo sapiens in this world. How many of us actually do turn out to be murderers and sexual offenders ? I'm sure that if they were all in one place, that might be a pretty scary place to be -- but they aren't. To be honest, what I find even more frightening is the notion that as 'civilised' human beings (sic), we can go through life with a bunch of convictions about morality without considering what it is. Even worse, how many of us 'civilised' folk are not murderers or sexual offenders merely because we don't want to suffer the judicial and/or social consequences ? Perhaps that has something to do with what we refer to as Jedi too... That is what your quotation by Jung is implying, Manu : "One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious" We are all potentially killers and rapists ; we all have instincts that run head-long into collision with what is socially acceptable. 'Socially acceptable' changes radically even in groups within cultures ... but then, I'm not an adherent to moral relativism (even more philosophically paralysing). :cheer:

This is a good reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Sven One, jzen, FTPC, Kobos

13 Sep 2017 18:14 #301417 by FTPC
FTPC replied the topic: Do we hide behind our titles? Thoughts?
Wait I have a question about this topic

are we talking about Titles /ranks on tojo or Are we talking about our ranks or roles in life,?

13 Sep 2017 18:20 #301418 by Kobos
Kobos replied the topic: Do we hide behind our titles? Thoughts?
All of the above lol........it all kinda melded together.

22 Sep 2017 23:20 #302055 by FTPC
FTPC replied the topic: Do we hide behind our titles? Thoughts?
and Might I add
People hide behind there face book groups as well

Moderators: SenanJLSpinner