Do we hide behind our titles? Thoughts?

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303761 by Eleven
No offense taken I just think your opinion was very one sided. Like Arisaig said you'll find out. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Eleven.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #303775 by Carlos.Martinez3
Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: ....My personal Jedi ism can't agree that time is an illusion.

"As you can see, Carlos was not saying that time is an illusion, he was saying the opposite: that (in his experience) time is NOT an illusion. So you didnt understand anyone's context in this conversation."

The same day I posted this in my meditation journal ...

10 Oct 2017 14:03 - 10 Oct 2017 14:06 #303642 by Carlos.Martinez3
Carlos.Martinez3 replied the topic: Carlos meditation journal
Time is an illusion. Experience is not.
Quoted the whole thing then I put why...
Here it is
I told my little brother what if Jedi acted not like ...do this ...do that but said here is this... here is that ...make your own choice. Would that rip us apart ? Some it may . Some it may help. Ohhh make me the latter case. That's my focus here. Here is this ...here is that ...make your own choice. " only sith deal in absolute" makes me smile ... for me ... there are some who deal in absolute , not just sith ... even Jedi and That's ok ... I don't like labeling things so much , keeps me from connecting . To say rather there are some or there CaN be leaves my opinion out and me myself out of the equation sometimes . Hmmm
That's what... I ...meant .

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/kjournals/109381-carlos-meditation-journal?start=100#303642

Feel free to validate , I posted that right after I posted that... true story !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303786 by

Manu wrote: red "twist" of the word, for our perceptions (mental models) to align again with the divine (reality).

Krishnamurti - Freedom From the Known wrote: That state of mind which is no longer capable of striving is the true religious mind, and in that state of mind you may come upon this thing called truth or reality or bliss or God or beauty or love.

I might go a little bit offtopic, but this is a response to an earlier made post in this thread.

I wonder if Krishnamurti was truly talking about religion.. The Theosophical Society motto says: ,,There is no Religion higher than Truth'' What if Krishnamurti was talking about truth instead of religion?.. :side:

On topic: I am not sure people are fully hiding themselves behind titles, for using a title is to morph into it as well. :huh: Morphing into something is static for as long as it lasts. That might create issues compared to not using a title? It holds us into the past, yet it is also how the human brain stereotypical seems to operate, most of the time. :)
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .

More
6 years 6 months ago #303804 by Manu

Aqua wrote: I wonder if Krishnamurti was truly talking about religion.. The Theosophical Society motto says: ,,There is no Religion higher than Truth'' What if Krishnamurti was talking about truth instead of religion?.. :side:

Yes. In the rest of the chapter, he specifically mentions that the religious mind has nothing to do with religions. Religions are fragmented points of view. The religious mind is open to the wonder of truth.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #303826 by OB1Shinobi
JLSpinner:

I dont want to stretch this beyond what is useful, but i do want to express this: i never felt that you assumed yourself more important than me. I was trying to make a point about the nature of time and experience. A point that i still consider valid and useful to peoples lives. What i felt was that you were going to engage me in a kind of debate out of a reflex to defend Carlos, and that you were going to cling to some relatively shallow argumentation points, not because you really believed them or felt them important, but because you were acting out on that protective impulse. I felt that you were missing the actual ideas involved in the discussion, while also attempting to prove them wrong. My frame of reference may have been correct or incorrect, fair or unfair, i dont know, but thats what my frame of reference was, just so that you know. At the end f the day, its not that big of a deal. Maybe something to learn from, certainly nothign to stay fixated on.

Id like to end by saying this:
Your reply was a good demonstration of character. Many (perhaps myself included) would have focused on their feelings of offense and responded in a way to get back at the other person and thus escalated the emotional intensity of the moment. You went to your principles and personal responsibilities, and offered the proverbial olive branch. I know that for some people, its very difficult to do that. You seem a straight up kind of dude. Im not angry at you or disappointed in you or anything like that. Actually, i think youre a benefit to the Temple and im glad that youre here.
PEACE!

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi