The Awesomeness of Trump

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
7 years 2 months ago #273894 by Whyte Horse
Wow what's there not to like about this guy? This may very well be the greatest president the US has ever had and he's only been at it a couple days. Can you imagine all our businesses will soon get our taxes cut from 35% to 15%? Gas prices will come down even more. Companies will hire Americans after the pool of illegals dries up. Crime should theoretically go down after deporting all the illegal criminals. TPP is gone. Huge companies will move production facilities back to the US. Obamacare is going away. Yes!

I know the media has been really unfair and reporting a bunch of lies. It's sad, really.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 2 months ago #273896 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
Depends who your talking to, and it's really too early to tell :D

I guess the best thing to do now that he is elected, is to give him a shot and judge him on his actions.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273897 by
Replied by on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
Would you like the short list or the comprehensive list?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273899 by
Replied by on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
Ahhh. Tinkle down economics. With these amazing tax cuts of course they gonna distribute the funds to the minions instead of giving thier executives fat multi million dollar bonuses all over again.... :whistle:
More
7 years 2 months ago #273903 by Cyan Sarden
Can't be the cool kid without having any friends.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #273907 by Cyan Sarden

Whyte Horse wrote: Companies will hire Americans after the pool of illegals dries up. Crime should theoretically go down after deporting all the illegal criminals.

And where will you find all the Americans who are willing to do very basic, unskilled work for minimal wage? The current unemployment rate of 4.9% suggests that, by far, most people already have work. The problem America has isn't unemployment, it's that wages are too low so people who work can't get anywhere. This problem won't be solved by pushing Americans into lower paying jobs. Deporting the people who have been doing America's dirty work is dubious at best, both ethically and economically.

Thinking that crime is predominantly committed by illegal immigrants is a myth. Current numbers suggest that illegal immigrants are statistically less likely to commit crimes than those living in America legally (including US citizens).

Also, believing that lowering corporate tax will benefit the people in any way is like believing in Sanata Claus. Corporate greed knows no boundaries. Lowering corporate tax will have two effects: more money in the pockets of the rich and a massive tax hike for the middle class.

And last but not least (and hence my previous post): America is hugely dependent on foreign imports in some areas and exports in others. Slapping a 20% tax on Mexican products, or 25% on German imports may seem like a swell idea at the moment, but doing so will also make these products more expensive by that much - again hitting the tax payer hard. But that's only part of the consequences: taxing imports will invariably lead to other nations taxing American goods as well, which will diminish sales of American goods abroad and hampering the US economy. The latter will increase unemployment in the middle class. Which is, well, slightly problematic because the middle class are those people who are supposed to be paying for the reduction in corporate tax.

The problem is that Trump is seemingly offering very simple solutions to issues that by and large aren't actual issues but have been blown out of proportion by conservative media and politicians over years. The fact is: America is doing pretty great. It's very easy to mess that up.

Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Cyan Sarden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Avalon, , ZealotX
More
7 years 2 months ago #273916 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

Cyan Sarden wrote:
Also, believing that lowering corporate tax will benefit the people in any way is like believing in Sanata Claus. Corporate greed knows no boundaries. Lowering corporate tax will have two effects: more money in the pockets of the rich and a massive tax hike for the middle class.

Being a small business owner myself the tax reduction will actually allow me to collect a paycheck for all the administrative work I do instead of working for free and paying my one employee, so your argument is invalid =p

It probably does only affect a small minority of small business owners the most but it does benefit some.
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #273917 by Cyan Sarden

Tellahane wrote:
Being a small business owner myself the tax reduction will actually allow me to collect a paycheck for all the administrative work I do instead of working for free and paying my one employee, so your argument is invalid =p

It probably does only affect a small minority of small business owners the most but it does benefit some.

I'm sure it'll help some businesses - the problem is that the tax cut will only work if it ends up stimulating the economy - and if that doesn't happen (and it's very doubtful it will as it means less money to spend for most Americans, and if they don't spend money in local businesses, sales decline), it'll backfire massively. As as a small business owner, you're likely also a member of the middle class. As such, the tax cut may benefit your business, but you'll pay for it through income tax. I doubt you'll personally benefit from it financially. The only people benefitting from this are Trump and his fellow corporate shareholder and executive buddies.

Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Cyan Sarden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon
  • Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
7 years 2 months ago #273918 by Whyte Horse
exactly, and the deregulation means we can cut costs and increase profitability. All this spells an economic boom as far as I'm concerned

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
More
7 years 2 months ago #273919 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
I genuinely read this as a sarcastic post, an imitation (a pretty good one!) of his speaking style...

I might well have interpreted it all wrong, but I wanted to chuck that thought out there before this thread starts snowballing as it would seem likely to... ;)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, J. K. Barger, Avalon, Breeze el Tierno, Cyan Sarden, Kobos and 1 other people also said thanks.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi