The Awesomeness of Trump

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #273953 by
Replied by on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

MartaLina wrote: We the Dutch are very happy with Trump , he will prove how weak and feeble America really is how uneducated and alround lacking in diplomatic capabilities , and we the Dutch will no longer be second , we will be First , as is Fortold in the Fables of World Domination sector 1 part 4

Ow ow sorry this is a serious post , forget i said anything ..keh bye

There are many things that I like about the Netherlands, but two things I dislike about the Netherlands are its constant urge towards innovation and change, and its ugly landscape. Both are like thorns in my eyes. We might not be the most powerful nation - or the most effective trade nation, anymore. We Dutch are still the most advanced nation when it comes to building artwork*. We have ruined our landscape with it for more than a thousand years and are now totally depended on our so called advanced artwork to keep our feet dry.

I do hope that this Netherlands second idea will not allow TTIP to make a comeback.

(* 'artwork' is the technical term for water related constructions like dikes, polders, pumping stations, water locks, etc..)
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 2 months ago #273973 by Wescli Wardest
I not so sure That President Trump will be the best thing the US has ever had. I recognize that he, as everyone, has character flaws. I realize that he, as everyone, has a past. I accept that anyone can grow or change their points of view or beliefs. I do recognize that the he represents a challenge to the status quo and that things are going to change, be different, because of that.

Change is usually painful. And sometimes it is good and sometimes it is not so good. What I do know is that I do not have a Chrystal ball and can’t see into the future. I understand that people do not neatly fit into one category or another. I also realize that if we put our faith in a person then we will be disappointed.

I know that no subject or topic is as simple or cut and dry as to be black and white. That every choice we make has ramification that cannot always be seen or calculated. And that each of us has a different point of view and opinion.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273979 by
The diversity of perspective within Jediism here is certainly interesting to say the least. Personal growth is a common thread we all share, despite our vast differences. However, what is also interesting is the massive increase of sales of George Orwell's 1984 book after the "alternative facts" comment by the Trump administration. There is a reason for this...

"greatest president the US has ever had"

"deporting all of the illegal criminals"

"huge companies"

"obamacare is going away"

"media has been really unfair"

"reporting a bunch of lies"

Rehearsed dictated talking points are fun and all, but this comes at the cost of what? It seems some are curious about that cost considering the sales of 1984...
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273980 by

And where will you find all the Americans who are willing to do very basic, unskilled work for minimal wage?

*Raises Hand* I am a Stay at home mom. My kids are just about at that age where they go to school full time and I have a full time window to work. I have been applying at places since july last year. No one will hire me because I require specific hours of work time.

I would gladly mop floors, clean toilets, and do minor repairs at local stores for minimum wage if it meant I had that little extra cash to put my kids into Piano, Dance, Singing and Swimming Class's.

You might be surprised that I am not the only LEGAL ABIDING American who would gladly take up such "Basic, Unskilled Work." that all of the Illegal people are taking.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273986 by
That's a primary function of those sorts of jobs. entry level for young teenagers to get work and learn as they build character, or secondary income earners in a household and so forth.

There is always going to be a hierarchy when it comes to social class. Contrary to popular belief all humans are not created equal and they never will be. However the US has setup a system where all humans have equal opportunity to promote their general welfare. The directions that Trump is taking this nation will only serve to strengthen that position.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273990 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: That's a primary function of those sorts of jobs. entry level for young teenagers to get work and learn as they build character

One of my best jobs was scrubbing floors in my highschool and washing desks. I honestly prefer that sort of work. *shrugs*
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #273993 by
"Contrary to popular belief all humans are not created equal and they never will be."

I believe Watts addressed this issue in the IP during Lesson #2. The reason "they never will be" that you are getting at exists because of the previously set systems of symbolism individuals use to define their reality, separate from reality itself. The notion that we are born into this world (separate from the whole), not out of it (an expression of the whole), leading to the belief that we are meant to overcome this world not and exist with it. From birth we are taught this, regardless of circumstance, which only serves to further the "hierarchy" within social classes you mentioned, as each individual strives to overcome the challenges that their system of symbols (used to define their own reality) proposes.

"However the US has setup a system where all humans have equal opportunity to promote their general welfare"

I believe this statement to be subjective/opinionated. Objective facts within the United States society shows that unequal opportunity for the promotion of general welfare exists. The irony I believe, lies in the fact that humans have created a "system", as you put it, to alleviate the issues caused by their own previously created systems.

Objective reality demands that all humans are naturally created equal, just as it does every other species, but what we have done as humans is simply "setup a system" that contradicts what reality demands regardless of our attempts to fix the issues created. Or as Watt's bluntly put, we have chosen more prominently "White versus Black" instead of "Black and White"....
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274000 by
https://youtu.be/M7dcxwGYokA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274003 by

Attachment 16195814_1677656289193701_4638049614780906724_n.jpg not found

Attachment 16174525_1677361002556563_3701660833236325303_n.jpg not found

Attachments:
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274010 by

Cyan Sarden wrote:

Whyte Horse wrote: Companies will hire Americans after the pool of illegals dries up. Crime should theoretically go down after deporting all the illegal criminals.

And where will you find all the Americans who are willing to do very basic, unskilled work for minimal wage? The current unemployment rate of 4.9% suggests that, by far, most people already have work. The problem America has isn't unemployment, it's that wages are too low so people who work can't get anywhere. This problem won't be solved by pushing Americans into lower paying jobs. Deporting the people who have been doing America's dirty work is dubious at best, both ethically and economically.

Your data is in error. 4.9% is the number of people who are collecting unemployment compensation, not the number of unemployed people in America. The previous administration made it very difficult to receive unemployment compensation so that they could keep the number artificially low. The real percentage of working age Americans who actually work is called the Labor Participation Rate, and it is currently at 62.7%, which means that 37.3% of working age Americans are not participating in the labor force at this time

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-participation-rate
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi