The Awesomeness of Trump

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274052 by
Replied by on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
I really don't have much of an interest in discussing my own views regarding "the direction of the country", I have only furthered my dedication to the way of the Jedi in the face of such adversity.

But your rhetoric and buzzword talking points told me enough about your support.
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #274057 by

Whyte Horse wrote:

StrudelDoo1981 wrote:

Whyte Horse wrote: exactly, and the deregulation means we can cut costs and increase profitability. All this spells an economic boom as far as I'm concerned

If it was framed for SBA is one thing. Its not.... The problem is that is accross the board. The giant "deregulated" monopolies are going to have 20% more capital to buy up and destroy all of thier competition. Tax breaks for small business sounds great. Until you realize the big cookie cutter companies you have been competing with that your entire revenue may be 20% of the revenue they CURRENTLY make are getting the same said tax break. Which means significant increase in $$$ they will hablve available to destroy you. And they are not going to invest in thier people. You really think they going tp start paying more than required mininum wages to the people they have now? No they going to invest in buying out thier competion ( think of Zalenski auto parts in tommy boy. He didnt give two flops about the workers... he just wanted the calahan name and buy out his competitor) and line the pockets of the elite big wigs in the executive suites... private jets, hot bonuses and exotic cars to the "money makers".... sorry bub. Trickle down economics is going to spell economic disaster....

It's important to put things into context. Big companies already enjoy a lower tax rate by relocating to the cayman islands. So they already have the capital to destroy US companies that are in the US and paying US tax rates. This tax cut levels the playing field a little.

Actually... Your statement isnt putting things into context. In fact it's extremely myopic, and sounds like a fox news talking point. Wal Mart, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Pizza Hut, Home Depot, Best Buy, Planet Fitness, etc... The list goes on and on of "big companies" that are in every city and state accross America that add nothing but minimum wage McJobs and provide crap service to customers that prop up the bs employment numbers while also adding to the destruction of mom and pop shops accross the nation. That is the death of America when everyday people can't open a business and earn a reasonable income for themselves because the market is all sopped up by feral capitalist thugs (IE: Donald "slap my name in gold on every company I buy for pennies of the dollar because I bankrupt my competition" Trump) and force to work 3 jobs to put food on the table for thier families. Corporations own America.... And now instead of paid off puppet politicians at the helm of the White House we have the actual captain of capitalist corporate thuggery at the helm lol
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .
  • ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 2 months ago #274058 by ren
Replied by ren on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
I wonder if he is lowering taxes in order to go for a default on all that debt? I think Obama had started paying it back, but isn't there trillions of the stuff to go through still? Obviously it'd piss off china, but they're only owed a trillion dollars, I doubt they'd start a war over that. the rest of the debt is owed to US citizens, mostly in the form of their social security trust fund, are people not worried about this?

Anyway didn't he betray his oath of office when he signed that anti-muslim executive order? (1st amendment of the constitution prohibits this no?)

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin
  • RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 2 months ago #274059 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
As a veteran I'm ashamed of the direction we're heading...

I've been keeping an eye on everything the carrot colored führer has done and have yet to see anything that I perceive to bode well for the future...every action he takes seems to direct us more and more towards a dystopia...

But that's just my thoughts...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Avalon, Zenchi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274061 by

Nicholasos wrote: I really don't have much of an interest in discussing my own views regarding "the direction of the country", I have only furthered my dedication to the way of the Jedi in the face of such adversity.

But your rhetoric and buzzword talking points told me enough about your support.

Well you are the one that brought our conversation back around to Trump, not I. It seemed you had an interest, but your dismissive demeanor speaks volumes in itself. Is it "the way of the jedi" to sit in silent judgement of others?
More
7 years 2 months ago #274064 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Nicholasos wrote: I really don't have much of an interest in discussing my own views regarding "the direction of the country", I have only furthered my dedication to the way of the Jedi in the face of such adversity.

Well you are the one that brought our conversation back around to Trump, not I. It seemed you had an interest, but your dismissive demeanor speaks volumes in itself. Is it "the way of the jedi" to sit in silent judgement of others?

The short answer is yes. A Jedi need not like everyone, a Jedi does not need to agree with everyone. But if their public disagreement will serve no purpose but to spread anger, discord, and discontent than sitting in silent judgment is what they should do. Jedi are humans and humans will judge everyone they meet. Consciously or not it's going to happen. So unless speaking such judgments will cause positive change or serve a useful purpose its best to keep silent on them.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #274066 by
Indeed. But why do people portray him around Youtube as Darth Vader?
I think maybe because he's the Chosen One. :lol:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .
  • Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
7 years 2 months ago #274086 by Whyte Horse

StrudelDoo1981 wrote:

Whyte Horse wrote:

StrudelDoo1981 wrote:

Whyte Horse wrote: exactly, and the deregulation means we can cut costs and increase profitability. All this spells an economic boom as far as I'm concerned

If it was framed for SBA is one thing. Its not.... The problem is that is accross the board. The giant "deregulated" monopolies are going to have 20% more capital to buy up and destroy all of thier competition. Tax breaks for small business sounds great. Until you realize the big cookie cutter companies you have been competing with that your entire revenue may be 20% of the revenue they CURRENTLY make are getting the same said tax break. Which means significant increase in $$$ they will hablve available to destroy you. And they are not going to invest in thier people. You really think they going tp start paying more than required mininum wages to the people they have now? No they going to invest in buying out thier competion ( think of Zalenski auto parts in tommy boy. He didnt give two flops about the workers... he just wanted the calahan name and buy out his competitor) and line the pockets of the elite big wigs in the executive suites... private jets, hot bonuses and exotic cars to the "money makers".... sorry bub. Trickle down economics is going to spell economic disaster....

It's important to put things into context. Big companies already enjoy a lower tax rate by relocating to the cayman islands. So they already have the capital to destroy US companies that are in the US and paying US tax rates. This tax cut levels the playing field a little.

Actually... Your statement isnt putting things into context. In fact it's extremely myopic, and sounds like a fox news talking point. Wal Mart, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Pizza Hut, Home Depot, Best Buy, Planet Fitness, etc... The list goes on and on of "big companies" that are in every city and state accross America that add nothing but minimum wage McJobs and provide crap service to customers that prop up the bs employment numbers while also adding to the destruction of mom and pop shops accross the nation. That is the death of America when everyday people can't open a business and earn a reasonable income for themselves because the market is all sopped up by feral capitalist thugs (IE: Donald "slap my name in gold on every company I buy for pennies of the dollar because I bankrupt my competition" Trump) and force to work 3 jobs to put food on the table for thier families. Corporations own America.... And now instead of paid off puppet politicians at the helm of the White House we have the actual captain of capitalist corporate thuggery at the helm lol

Ironically, most of those companies you mentioned are just re-selling goods made cheaply in a foreign country. If they were made to pay an import tariff, their goods would cost more than locally made goods. Once that happens, the small businesses that want to compete in a local market can do so without needing a globally connected supply chain. Combine that with lower taxes and now you have a real possibility of starting a business, succeeding, and driving spending, hiring, and ultimately higher wages.

For all my dislike of capitalism, it's the current system and it will continue as long as people tolerate it. The same goes for McCorporations. As long as people continue to buy from them, corporations will continue. I haven't stepped foot in a Walmart for over a decade for that reason. If Walmart's prices suddenly rose 20% you'd see an increase in those mom and pop shops.

As for trickle-down economics, this is different. Trickle down was a reduction on personal income tax for the wealthy. This is a reduction on corporate taxes, which not only affects the wealthy but small and medium businesses.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
  • Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
More
7 years 2 months ago #274091 by Whyte Horse

ren wrote: I wonder if he is lowering taxes in order to go for a default on all that debt? I think Obama had started paying it back, but isn't there trillions of the stuff to go through still? Obviously it'd piss off china, but they're only owed a trillion dollars, I doubt they'd start a war over that. the rest of the debt is owed to US citizens, mostly in the form of their social security trust fund, are people not worried about this?

Anyway didn't he betray his oath of office when he signed that anti-muslim executive order? (1st amendment of the constitution prohibits this no?)

His actual budget hasn't been presented but it is rumoured to be outsourced to the Heritage Foundation. Their plan calls for $10.5 trillion in cuts over 10 years. God knows we've needed it. I think Trump's "angle" is to reduce regulations by 75% which means less bureaucracy and fewer gov't agencies. I completely agree. Just take the IRS and the tax code as an example. A flat tax rate would save billions in bureaucracy and individuals wouldn't have to pay tax preparers or buy software, etc.

The anti-muslim executive order is another biased media story. I think it blocks unchecked individuals from entering the US if they come from terrorist-prone countries. The countries impacted are Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Yemen and Somalia. I'd add Saudi to the list personally :laugh:

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
More
7 years 2 months ago #274092 by Whyte Horse

RyuJin wrote: As a veteran I'm ashamed of the direction we're heading...

I've been keeping an eye on everything the carrot colored führer has done and have yet to see anything that I perceive to bode well for the future...every action he takes seems to direct us more and more towards a dystopia...

But that's just my thoughts...

Can you elaborate? I'm a little critical of his saber-rattling foreign policy but I was overjoyed when he called out the intelligence agencies over their blatant lies about Iraq WMDs, Russia hacking the DNC, Russia hacking the elections, etc.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi