The Awesomeness of Trump

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274288 by
Replied by on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
That is the furthest thing from what I am saying. I would like you to quote me where I state that I am questioning anyone's "right to call themselves a Jedi", because it didn't happen. It is a misrepresentation of my statements.

The statement…

"For me, I see our entire range of emotion as an array of resources that we need to learn to use in productive ways. I see no part of that array as “evil” or as components of our psyche that we need to eradicate or suppress"

Implies that the path of the Jedi is through the suppression of what you define as components of the psyche (which is a misrepresentation), and "for you" that isn't the case, you prefer to "learn to use it in productive ways". Whether this was your intent or not is irrelevant, it is up to the Jedi to understand the potential interpretations that can be drawn from their intervention.

And my statement "Well simply put, they are defined in the Doctrine provided by the TOTJO, which is what I am here to study."

was in response to your question…

"Can you even define what these ideals are that you speak of?"

Just so I can yet again clarify the misrepresentation.
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274320 by
Your implication is simply wrong for the very reason that i consider myself as one who follows a jedi path that is inclusive of my above statements, which are NOT statements of suppression.

As for your statement you are the one that defined Jedi as one who follows the doctrine of this temple in whole. This implies the exclusion of anyone that does not follow this temples doctrine by default as you made no caveat of further inclusion outside that paramater..
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274330 by
Ok, so I said...

"Where does this need to distinguish yourself separate from the ideals of the Jedi here come from exactly?"

to which you responded

"Why do you feel that anyone calling themselves Jedi should all follow the exact same set of ideals? Can you even define what these ideals are that you speak of?"

to which I responded…

"Well simply put, they are defined in the Doctrine provided by the TOTJO, which is what I am here to study"

You see, the key aspect that you are missing is the fact that I am referring to the "ideals of the Jedi here.." "...are defined in the Doctrine provided by the TOTJO…" Whereas you forced "anyone calling themselves Jedi" into the discussion, which was a distinction I had not made at all.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #274335 by
I am THRILLED Hillary lost...

But I am DEPRESSED Trump won.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274342 by
I am willing to give anyone, including Trump, the benafit of the doubt and not judge him before he's had a real chance to do his new job.

So far, I have approved of his efforts.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274348 by

Nicholasos wrote: Ok, so I said...

"Where does this need to distinguish yourself separate from the ideals of the Jedi here come from exactly?"

to which you responded

"Why do you feel that anyone calling themselves Jedi should all follow the exact same set of ideals? Can you even define what these ideals are that you speak of?"

to which I responded…

"Well simply put, they are defined in the Doctrine provided by the TOTJO, which is what I am here to study"

You see, the key aspect that you are missing is the fact that I am referring to the "ideals of the Jedi here.." "...are defined in the Doctrine provided by the TOTJO…" Whereas you forced "anyone calling themselves Jedi" into the discussion, which was a distinction I had not made at all.

LOL, I think I just said that.

To re-answer your question in an effort to better define my explanation, I don't feel a need to separate myself from the ideals of the Jedi here. In fact I find camaraderie in the idea that every Jedi here has a slightly different set of ideals. Many Jedi here don't follow the doctrine to the letter. Many Jedi here reject portions of the doctrine and replace it with their own philosophies. There is unification in our diversity here. Not only are we not required to follow the doctrine while studying here at the temple, we are actually encouraged to explore what we truly believe and why we truly believe it. It is a path to find and write our own doctrine as we see fit or reject doctrine completely to embrace an organic spirituality that is free of any such binding limitations. This sort of environment breeds growth because much of ones time is spent discussing and defending your beliefs in conversation or Journal studies or respectful debate. It is these methods that cause one to either better know why they believe what they believe or to abandon those beliefs as new ones evolve.
  • ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 2 months ago #274416 by ren
Replied by ren on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
Many people who claim to be Jedi simply aren't.

Jedi teachings in regards to emotions are held as true by actual Jedi.

You know it, those excessively emotional people, whether they are of the trump or clinton variety are an extremely powerful resource. Those who control them control the political landscape.
It is therefore perfectly correct to point out "Hate can be just as effective as love when utilized correctly.". In fact I'd say it is far more effective than love, and events, current as well as hstorical, seem to agree with me.

Obviously an actual Jedi knows better than to fall victim of their own emotional instability and be used in such a way.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274417 by
So far so good in my opinion, all this talk of Trump promoting hate and racism is just nonsense. Some hot topics that really hit the core to people's feelings are the Dakota pipeline and the immigration halt. The guy has made some ridiculous remarks in the past, but so has everyone else in their life from time to time. I'm worried he's just another controlled opposition president, most of people are fed up with the way our nation is going and Hillary symbolized the continuity of it all. Maybe Sanders was real and that's why they snubbed him out fast and he showed his true colors by endorsing Hillary, for me Trump is still the lesser of two evils in the way that I think. Of course it all came out about her ties to Wall street, the Clinton Foundation's activities, now they are saying millions of dead people and illegal immigrants voted for Hillary, we need to keep the Bush's and Clinton's out of the political arena in my opinion, they've done enough.

For me, all they have to do is not skimp on the pipeline to ensure it has safety measures like shut off valves, built to spec, and have containment infrastructure near the most sensitive environmental areas. Pipelines are much safer than big trucks and tankers, if built how they should be built. The incident in the Gulf of Mexico was due to outright negligence on construction, repairs, safety measures by Halliburton and BP. Of course we need to lean towards renewable energy but it's very hard and expensive to go cold turkey with fossil fuels and for me it's all about balance and for right now it's about first developing our own energy production to stop supporting Saudi Arabia and others, whom these Soros financed anti-Trumpers have no awareness of daily life there and the level of corruption, racism and hate.

Then my feelings on blocking immigration from the 7 or so countries is just pure risk assessment and risk management 101. Everyone, especially the European politicians crying about this really have no place to even judge looking at the situations in their own countries and if they don't understand it's really a lot more than just not wanting Muslims in our country - it's pure ignorance or arrogance. It's a complex issue, but why aren't Saudi Arabia, Israel and others taking in refugees? The problem is that basically the immigration policies already in place during the Obama administration are not being enforced, just like the wall issue they never finished the fence during the Bush administration. So, it's only natural in my opinion to want to stop the process temporarily, figure out what we need to actually do to vet anyone wanting to into our neighborhoods and make sure we follow the procedures we find effective at preventing anyone who may pose a risk or threat to our neighborhoods, simple as that. It doesn't matter where it was started or why, Islamic terrorism is a threat to the world just as is the bigger threat - Zionist terrorism which controls much of the European nations and unfortunately America too and from what I understand is the main antagonist to all the Islamic and political problems throughout the world, the elephant in the room if you will. Btw it has nothing to do with Jewish people either, there are plenty of Jews against Zionism too.

What else, yeah for me Obamacare was made to fail from the beginning, a bailout to the insurance companies who themselves even started to question. The government cannot force anyone to pay for a service who's cost become inflated and covered less. Depends on each person of course. NAFTA and TTP were meant to be economic disasters as well from what I understand. The war on the mainstream media is great, from what I see the only hate and racism is coming from the left and the 5th column media but there are a lot of idiots on both sides as usual with our two party system - two wings of the same eagle dividing the sheeple to conquer the flock.

For me it's all very entertaining and sad, to see people letting themselves go for things that really have nothing to do with them, and in my opinion are there just to stir them up so they lose control in the first place. I didn't vote, I don't believe that our votes matter because there is already a globalist oligarchy running the show and they're going to get what they want, which means throwing a bone to the people of the US is possible. We may see a better economy, more security but nevertheless it will come at the cost of less constitutional rights, more money going to the police state and military industrial complex when it should be coming home. I think the US should shut down overseas military bases, forget NATO's fearmongering bias, let the UN collapse into itself, and let everyone determine their own fate while we get back to solving our problems here at home because trying to solve the world's problems clearly has not and will not work as long as the problems are created by the globalists and then nation's are influenced to react in a way to solve them that only furthers the goals of those already living as demigods.

So time will tell if Mr. Trump is the real deal or not, let's see if they continue giving billions of dollars we can't afford to give to continue to prop up corrupt governments, radicals, unnecessary military installations, "too big to fail" corporations and institutions, I don't think he is but he's definitely a breath of fresh air and we may enjoy a slight increase in living standards for now.
  • Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
7 years 2 months ago #274572 by Whyte Horse
Yes, but on top of that, I would add that we have a big push to distort reality; whether it's fake news, biased news, click-bait, etc. It used to be fairly easy to navigate around the propaganda and get at the real truth but now it's much harder. It's creating a feed-back loop where lies get perpetuated so much that they become accepted as fact. It's as if the only truth is that nothing is true and we're all living a lie.

Welcome to the new dark age of anti-intellectualism. I'm tempted to become a hermit...

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274576 by
welcome to the Matrix ;)
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi