The Awesomeness of Trump

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #274099 by
Replied by on topic The Awesomeness of Trump
I actually attempted multiple times to bring the discussion back to the IP program here at the TOTJO that I believe directly contradicts what you say. But you only try to discredit anything that contradicts your current set of beliefs, so we each have our own interpretations I guess. I'm only dismissive of a discussion rooted in the subjectivity of opinion, which seems to be all you are interested in having, hence me backing away.

I don't judge you for your support, honestly, my own family supports Trump. I will say that I try every day to apply Jedi ideals to my own lifestyle and maintain my focus on the way of the Jedi, and I am here to learn in order to improve my ability to do so. The rise of Trump has only led me to further my dedication to the way of the Jedi.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 3 months ago #274118 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

Whyte Horse wrote:

Kohadre wrote: No, I mean it literally. Why are you here at TOTJO Whyte Horse?

Same reason you are, and don't ask me what it is, because you already know it.

Yeah, um....

So long and thanks for all the fish
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #274119 by
Bullsith.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #274141 by

Nicholasos wrote: I actually attempted multiple times to bring the discussion back to the IP program here at the TOTJO that I believe directly contradicts what you say. But you only try to discredit anything that contradicts your current set of beliefs, so we each have our own interpretations I guess. I'm only dismissive of a discussion rooted in the subjectivity of opinion, which seems to be all you are interested in having, hence me backing away.

I don't judge you for your support, honestly, my own family supports Trump. I will say that I try every day to apply Jedi ideals to my own lifestyle and maintain my focus on the way of the Jedi, and I am here to learn in order to improve my ability to do so. The rise of Trump has only led me to further my dedication to the way of the Jedi.

You have to remember that just because this place provided a teaching platform in the IP does not mean that that platform in unquestionably correct. We are not here to regurgitate some doctrine word for word but here to explore and study the nuance of what is being taught. Look beyond the "black and white" and find out not only what we believe but also why we believe it. I think the why is much more important than the what. I don't agree with major portions of the IP and that;s ok, I'm not required to. If we were required to, I would not be here.

Its ok that we disagree on stuff, the important thing is to be able to have those conversations over volatile subject matter in a safe environment like this place. My greatest moments of growth have always come as a consequence of great times of opposition. In any case, its ok if you don't want to discuss further. I just want you to understand I was not attacking you personally, but critiquing the position you presented. One of the tenants of this place is to discuss issues not people. ;)

'mad wrote: The short answer is yes. A Jedi need not like everyone, a Jedi does not need to agree with everyone. But if their public disagreement will serve no purpose but to spread anger, discord, and discontent than sitting in silent judgment is what they should do. Jedi are humans and humans will judge everyone they meet. Consciously or not it's going to happen. So unless speaking such judgments will cause positive change or serve a useful purpose its best to keep silent on them.

I would disagree, sometimes progress must come out of anger, discord and discontent. Sitting in silence often leads to disproportional reactions in the end. Anger turns to rage and discord turns to violence. Passive aggressive stances are not productive, better to be honest and forthright I think. Its not hard to be productive even in the face of disagreement - For me the Jedi way is to learn these techniques and use them every day.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #274144 by
"sometimes progress must come out of anger, discord and discontent…"

"For me the Jedi way is to learn these techniques and use them every day."

I would be curious as to where you learned that this is the way of the Jedi...
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #274160 by

Nicholasos wrote: "sometimes progress must come out of anger, discord and discontent…"

"For me the Jedi way is to learn these techniques and use them every day."

I would be curious as to where you learned that this is the way of the Jedi...

I learned this from experience and my environment. I embrace every aspect of my nature. I dont believe there are positive of negative emotions, only positive of negative attitudes. Hate can be just as effective as love when utilized correctly. It is through suffering that we evolve, that is the nature of our existence and for me, the true path of the Jedi - a path of balance.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #274161 by
"Hate can be just as effective as love when utilized correctly."

This is where I will have to simply disagree with you. That isn't to say I don't understand the "gray" concept though.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #274187 by

Nicholasos wrote: "Hate can be just as effective as love when utilized correctly."

This is where I will have to simply disagree with you. That isn't to say I don't understand the "gray" concept though.

Do you feel it is unjust to hate bigotry? Or racism? Hate evokes strong emotion that manifests as passion for change.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #274188 by
Change can occur void of the evocation of hatred.

"I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace;

Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

I am a Jedi.

I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

The Force is with me always, for I am a Jedi."
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #274189 by

Nicholasos wrote: Change can occur void of the evocation of hatred.

I personally reject that code for two reasons. First it is simply a reworked christian code and secondly that nature of that code rejects half of our being. There is a time for love or mercy, yes. But there is also a time for hate and vengeance.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi