The Awesomeness of Trump

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274191 by
Replied by on topic The Awesomeness of Trump

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Nicholasos wrote: Change can occur void of the evocation of hatred.

I personally reject that code for two reasons. First it is simply a reworked christian code and secondly that nature of that code rejects half of our being. There is a time for love or mercy, yes. But there is also a time for hate and vengeance.

I will have to disagree with this, there is never a time for hate or vengeance! Two negatives never make a positive
The topic has been locked.
  • Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
7 years 2 months ago #274193 by Whyte Horse

Rick D wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Nicholasos wrote: Change can occur void of the evocation of hatred.

I personally reject that code for two reasons. First it is simply a reworked christian code and secondly that nature of that code rejects half of our being. There is a time for love or mercy, yes. But there is also a time for hate and vengeance.

I will have to disagree with this, there is never a time for hate or vengeance! Two negatives never make a positive

You can actually give people power over you through your hate. Oh you hate trump? Click here and read this article with ads in it...

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274196 by
"There is also a time for hate and vengeance"

I have to absolutely disagree, this is the antithesis of what I believe to be the way of the Jedi.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274203 by
Justice: To always seek the path of ‘right’.

A Jedi is unencumbered by bias or personal interest. Justice is a double-edged sword, one that protects the weak, yet also passes judgements according to a set of values. A Jedi tolerates that which is not Jedi and does not pass judgement on that which causes no harm for it is just.

Discipline: To let the self be sole master of the self.

A Jedi’s mind is structured, peaceful, unencumbered by emotions, physical state or external stimuli.

Discretion: To become invisible.

A Jedi knows there is a time and place for all things. They do not actively interfere in worldly affairs and refrain from overtly supporting or opposing other individuals or organizations.

Meditation: To exercise the mind.

Through regular meditation a Jedi examines their motivations, and are certain that they are not allowing emotion, ignorance, or passion to intrude upon them. Meditation can be used by a Jedi to improve their mindfulness, focus, or patience.

Integrity: To be consistent.

A Jedi lives as a Jedi at all times. Hypocrisy is their worst enemy.

Conflict: To know when to fight.

A Jedi knows the conflicting nature of the Force but they also know its peace and serenity. A Jedi never blindly enters conflict and always does so for the greater good.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274258 by
Hate is part of our emotional makeup and you can deny it all you want but you cant deny the fact that you sometimes feel it. This is something beyond our choice, just like loving someone is. It just happens whether you want it to or not. Now we can either acknowledge that fact and learn to embrace it and utilize the passions that emerge from these emotions in a balanced way towards productive ends or we can suppress them or allow them to run unchecked which only leads to our eventual destruction. (not only physical but also emotional, psychological etc)

I do believe that all life is sacred but that does not also mean that all life gets to live. Nature is cruel and indifferent to our plight. We all must accept the consequences of our actions good or bad, and in that, some things also don’t deserve to live. Vengeance is a component of this philosophy. The most prominent example of this is the death penalty. Some people are judged unworthy of continuing in this life due to heinous acts committed against others and they are put to death. This is a philosophy I support.

Denying these things does not make them not exist. For me, I see our entire range of emotion as an array of resources that we need to learn to use in productive ways. I see no part of that array as “evil” or as components of our psyche that we need to eradicate or suppress. ;)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274265 by
Coping Mechanism...

https://youtu.be/DS0vuwr5bV8
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274269 by
It seems now you are just listing out everything that you disagree with regarding the TOTJO. You go from acknowledging the usefulness of hatred, to supporting the death penalty, to providing a misrepresentation of the path of the Jedi as "the suppression of perceived "evil" psychological components".

Where does this need to distinguish yourself separate from the ideals of the Jedi here come from exactly?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274276 by

Nicholasos wrote: It seems now you are just listing out everything that you disagree with regarding the TOTJO. You go from acknowledging the usefulness of hatred, to supporting the death penalty, to providing a misrepresentation of the path of the Jedi as "the suppression of perceived "evil" psychological components".

Where does this need to distinguish yourself separate from the ideals of the Jedi here come from exactly?

You are putting words in my mouth that are not there. I never said that was the path of the Jedi. I said that is my personal view of our emotional makeup, nothing more. Also just because I have stated that I disagree with portions of the doctrine does not mean I disagree with all the doctrine. I could turn your last question around on you.

Why do you feel that anyone calling themselves Jedi should all follow the exact same set of ideals? Can you even define what these ideals are that you speak of?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274280 by
Well simply put, they are defined in the Doctrine provided by the TOTJO, which is what I am here to study. And it is what you implied, intentionally or not.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #274284 by

Nicholasos wrote: Well simply put, they are defined in the Doctrine provided by the TOTJO, which is what I am here to study. And it is what you implied, intentionally or not.

So are you saying that if you do not follow the doctrine here at TotJO to the letter you are not a Jedi? So all the other Jedi sides, Force Academy, TotJF, Jedi Living, Just jedi, or even someone not on any of those sites that claims to follow a Jedi path but do not follow the doctrine here at TotJO are not Jedi or do not have the right to call themselves Jedi?
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi