Streen and Silas plotting

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266176 by
Replied by on topic Petition for Jestor's Resignation
Jestor said that if he was called to do so, he would stand down from his post as a Councillor/Moderator. If he is true to his word, he will do so. If not, Streen and I will see what kind of man he is. Let's see if he holds on to the power he has, or is humble and let's it go. This will be an interesting ball of wool to unravel.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266178 by

Kyber wrote: I will make my opinion very clear here. We all have limited visions, it's too arrogant to think that only Jestor has limited vision, I do not know if he's the best leader, but I know how my brother has done the best he can for more than two years.
Then I would like Streen to officially point out the reasons why he asks Jestor out. As always in this forum, there is a lot of small talk and few arguments. So brother Streen, post your motives and your arguments and let's talk like adults. "Limited vision" about what? What happened? What do you think? Be more direct and suspicious.
Finally, if this is a democracy, then I personally will ask for an official vote on the subject. Jestor is a vital member in this community and he will not leave the post without everyone voting.

Sadly, this is not a democracy. I'd be all for democracy, if it worked. If you all think it works, then let us elect the Council. Let those who wish to lead run. See if they have a chance under democracy.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266181 by MadHatter

Silas Mercury wrote: Jestor said that if he was called to do so, he would stand down from his post as a Councillor/Moderator. If he is true to his word, he will do so. If not, Streen and I will see what kind of man he is. Let's see if he holds on to the power he has, or is humble and let's it go. This will be an interesting ball of wool to unravel.

No what was said is IF ENOUGH MEMBERS did so he would step down. Two nonentities that have not managed to do any work here hardly qualifies as "enough:" members. Reading comprehension is a good thing. Never mind the vaguely threatening nature of your bringing up the hack and saying you might know someone responsible. In short you two are not people I would take advice on what coffee to order let alone who should run this Temple.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Kohadre, Edan, Avalon, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266185 by
"should there be a call for my removal I would step down"
Mentioning Ryd ... I mean, the guy who could be the hacker, was not a threat, I was just telling y'all that I have suspicions as to whom it might be.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266187 by Manu
Do you miss your old days of calling the shots at JEDI, Streen?

Go do something useful.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, OB1Shinobi, MadHatter

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266188 by Avalon
1) I think that you are going to find that the number of people who support Jestor not only in his role on the site, but as a general member of the site, far outweighs the pair of you. Jestor has done more for this site than the pair of you combined will ever be able to do...

2) If you dislike the way the site is run so much that you're willing to tie in a recent hack to attempting to force his resignation.... Go find a different site. Seriously. Obviously TOTJO is not the site for you. Or go found your own order. No one is forcing you to stay here.

That said, I thank the both of you for coming forward and implying (multiple times in fact, in growing strength and clarity) the fact that you've got some level of inside knowledge on that.... I'm sure the moderators and security officers will be looking into it shortly. And I hope that maybe we'll be able to get at least some good and peace out of this now....

[hr]

I've heard it tossed around the site a thousand times... TOTJO isn't a democracy. It's not built to be a democracy. It's not going to be a democracy. In fact, it's recognized as a non-profit organization. Organizations are inherently non-democratic. They have a board of directions that make all the decisions... Shareholders can influence those decisions, sure.. TOTJO doesn't really have those though ;)

If you guys don't agree with TOTJO's doctrine specifically, there are other Jedi organizations out there with different doctrines you might find better suited to your personal desires. Those of us who stay here and work through the IP and the program as a whole have our reasons for doing so. And I highly doubt that anyone is staying here and doing the IP or pretending to agree with the doctrine because they feel forced to do so. I would have to disagree with your assessment, Streen, that TOTJO doesn't offer the choice on such matters based purely on the fact that no one tells you to you have to stay here.

Onto another issue, TOTJO is Br John's site, first and foremost. He's the primary founder of this particular order. It doesn't matter that there may have been other forerunners of a Jedi movement in general. That is the general... This is TOTJO. The two shouldn't be confused.

Again, I would recommend you look at another organization... There's FA, Opie's site... a number of other sites in general. I imagine that you may find them a bit more to your liking.

Also, Ros... You rock :laugh:

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Breeze el Tierno, OB1Shinobi, MadHatter

More
7 years 4 months ago #266189 by MadHatter

Silas Mercury wrote: "should there be a call for my removal I would step down"
Mentioning Ryd ... I mean, the guy who could be the hacker, was not a threat, I was just telling y'all that I have suspicions as to whom it might be.

No, what is said if you bother to read the post is "IF ENOUGH VOICES AGREE I WILL STEP DOWN." Which by the responses to this post they clearly do not. Again reading comprehension is a good thing. Further I will be blunt I now suspect that you and the person you keep hinting at are directly those responsible for the recent troubles with the site. I further suspect you and those with you will try to bring further harm to this place because you do not get your way.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266190 by
Wow..... Streen. I held a great deal of respect for you for many long years....But this....Wowzers....Have the mighty fallen. This really makes me sad.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266191 by
On the subject of hacking and Opie, Mr. MacLeod WIPED OUT AN ENTIRE WEBSITE that Streen had worked on.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266192 by JamesSand

Silas and I disagree with the doctrine in general

If the two people calling for a representative/leader to stand down hold no faith in the basic tenets of the organisation that said person stands for in the first place...

Well I daresay their opinion hardly matters.

You might as well ask the local butcher to close because you feel he needs to update the recipe in his gourmet pork sausages.

So I guess, Politely as possible - Piss off :)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre, Avalon, Zenchi, OB1Shinobi, MadHatter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi