Streen and Silas plotting

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267834 by
Replied by on topic Streen and Silas plotting
I didn't mean to pile on, OB1. Apologies for coming off like a know-it-all. I think the message is the same. We just deliver them differently.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #267835 by Leah Starspectre

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Leah Starspectre wrote: To balance reason and compassion is a virtue we should all strive for. Accusing us of acting like a cult and calling someone a "dipshit" may be honest, but it lacks in compassion and temperance.

fair enough i could have held back on overt insults, Brennas post was a good example

but as a general rule, my compassion is reserved for those who are victims of events and circumstances beyond their own control, or for people who actually regret and learn from their mistakes

streen brought this on himself and i think the only thing he regrets is that things backfired

nothing worthy of compassion imo

So you don't think compassion should be universal? Compassion doesn't mean coddling. It means not withholding loving kindness from someone in spite of (because of?) their flaws and weaknesses. Doesn't someone's innate humanity give them the right to be treated like a human being with dignity and respect?

Because really, we all have weaknesses and make mistakes, and I would sure love for people to help me face mine in a way that doesn't make me feel like garbage - even if missing the mark completely or royally screwing up.

In other words, we can still stand our ground and make ourselves heard without acting like jerks. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Tellahane

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267836 by
The concepts of compassion vs honesty and things like "tough love" would be a wonderful conversation to have. Possibly worth devoting a new thread to. I'd love for there to be a good, in depth discussion of it but this thread serves a different purpose, one which I believe has been served already.

More
7 years 4 months ago #267847 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Streen and Silas plotting

JamesSand wrote: TheDude - I believe (Speculating wildly, but that's what I do) that the staff here took the view that after whatever period of time, the members in question were less interested in discussing ideas and more interested in getting their jollies from being antagonistic and disruptive.

We can be open minded and molly coddle until the end of days, and maybe you're right, maybe the *next* discussion would be the one that clears everyone's heads and the world is a better place.

Or maybe it would be more of the same.

Evidentally they were given "enough rope" and this is the outcome.

Well Silas Mercury is already back, I'm not sure about Streen however.

So long and thanks for all the fish

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267863 by
Replied by on topic Petition for Jestor's Resignation

Streen wrote: Obviously, because of the extreme length that this thread has reached, I couldn't read all the posts. But I have something to say...

Allow me to apologize for being so presumptuous and egotistical. Not to blame Silas, but he kind of lit a fire that got me burning and I feel I took actions that were inappropriate and unnecessary. It's really none of my business who runs this site. As many of you have said, I don't need to be here. My only hope was to help, but it's understandable that most of you don't require it.

I can reassure you that Silas and I are NOT plotting. We had one plan, and that was to bring Jestor down a few pegs. That obviously didn't work and was inherently the wrong move. What we ARE planning, with Relan Volkum's help, is to bring back Jedi Creed, one of the very first Jedi sites.

I think what I've realized through all this is that I simply would like some respect. I've been a Jedi since the very beginning of the online Jedi community, roughly 20 years ago. That makes me the only Jedi to have seen it's birth and to still be around. I'm not bragging, just stating a fact. And before you go ripping me a new one for saying that, I would think that some of you could respect my experience.

That experience tells me that your beloved TOTJO is in danger of skirting the edges of a cult. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. Just be careful. That is my last piece of advice.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. Any idea I ever had about you once being a great Jedi leader gone astray has been vanquished. Your just a spoiled child, nothing more. You seriously need to get some perspective and stop living delusions of grandeur. And yes, that is compassionately as I can put it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #267864 by
Its interesting, as I have been suspended longer, for less.

I certainly didnt get a chance to appeal...

In any case, I dont know what you feel about attachment in the Jedi path Streen, but you sure cannot let go off you ego of being "20 years in the community, yada,yada,yada."

So attached, that you think you should be given respect, and more based on it.

I wonder when I will read a post from you that will not lead off with how much other should respect things that you did two decades ago.

I agree with OB1, you at this site have only assured future problems.

Wait for the next message passed on from Relan, or Yahuawhooziwhatsits, or whatever he calls himself telling you all how much you suck at being Jedi.

A guy who apparently also relevant 2 decades ago, that has nothing positive to say about anything, unless its his idea. Who also doesnt have the balls to make and account and speak for himself.

Now, I wont argue between compassion, and honesty, but I will argue for common sense, of which I see none.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by .

More
7 years 4 months ago #267866 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Streen and Silas plotting
Hi Khaos. What in the blue fu... uh ... fudge were you suspended for? I don't remember anything though I have no doubt it's true. I hope it was only a new Moderator with a trigger finger. I thought I'd take this opportunity to let everyone know that a unilateral decision (one taken by an officer or Admin etc can always be appealed to them and or to The Council). Even a decision by The Council can be appealed for reconsideration.

And Khaos, if you have not seen this topic https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jediism/116683-sith-studies?limitstart=0 and you have anything to add I'm sure it'd be much appreciated.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267880 by
I'd just like to say that whilst I consider him a friend, I no longer follow Relan Volkum or consider him a Jedi. He is an extremist who uses God as an excuse for his offensiveness and cowardice. Streen and I only refer to the Force as the Father around him because he is pulling the strings of our little faction. The sooner he is dealt with and someone like Streen or Mitth or even Trisskar is put incharge of what's left of the Old Jedi, the sooner we can work towards a better relationship with TotJO and establish ourselves. Relan refers to TotJO as an abomination. Wrong. You are all lovely people, and I want to learn and Streen wants to help. Thank you.

More
7 years 4 months ago #267882 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Streen and Silas plotting
I don't understand why these two were brought back, were we really so lacking in entertainment and drama that we had to bring back the two instigators of this conflict and start it up all over again?

Really!?

Their apologies were less sincere than half-cooked oatmeal, and finger pointing and excuses were being dished out right off the bat. Does the temple really have so little important discussion within it that those in charge felt this was appropriate?

I just really, don't get it.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267883 by

Silas Mercury wrote: .......or even Trisskar is put incharge of what's left of the Old Jedi Order.

Don't want it. ;) Thanks for the vote of confidence but. As a Jedi Knight (in some circles) I believe in forward progress and adaption while learning from the past lessons and records that are worthy to evolve from.

Not cling to something already long dead and gone.

Your welcome to study what I have at Just Jedi though ;) That is my "In Charged Duty of the Old Guard to New Progress life work." Enjoy!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi