The Revolutionary Society

More
7 years 5 months ago #264067 by MadHatter

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Ooo! Ooo! That Jedi are hypocrites when they say they are accepting of different points of view? What do I win?

Calling an entire group hypocrites because we do not agree an idea is workable or falls within the boundaries of what a Jedi would or would not do is just low. We accept all ideas here we just don't hold them all as equally valid for the group. Maybe the individual and as you have seen most of us will not directly say that a person is not a Jedi because of an idea. However, we might question it and say we do not think the idea falls within what we think a Jedi would hold.

But if we want to talk about hypocrisy:

Snowy Aftermath wrote:
Breaking my self-imposed silence only to say that this is true. But online human interaction is all that some people have. And we should go out of our way to make everyone feel loved and needed, even if we don't know that circumstance about them.

Gentleness is so valuable in interactions, no matter where they are.

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Bottom line: I respect you enough not to baby you. I want to help you build thicker skin and help you not look stupid, so I'll say something. I expect the same.

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Pick a side and stick with it. Spinning around like this is nauseating.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264071 by
Replied by on topic The TotJO Revolutionary Society
Wescli, the day we fail as Jedi is the day we start to fear death. Fear. The day we are overcome by fear is the day we fail as Jedi. Looking at everyone here, that doesn't look likely to happen any time soon. You people are some of the kindest, bravest, smartest people I have ever met. I have no desire to fight with you, or divide us. Instead of focusing on the small things that divide us, like our political views for instance, let's look at the big things that unite us. The Force. A will to make a better world. Sure, we all have different ways of how to do it, many of them controversial, like mine and Streens. But at the end of the day, I love you all as brothers and sisters. Even Kyrin. :silly:

More
7 years 5 months ago #264073 by MadHatter

Silas Mercury wrote: Wescli, the day we fail as Jedi is the day we start to fear death. Fear. The day we are overcome by fear is the day we fail as Jedi. Looking at everyone here, that doesn't look likely to happen any time soon. You people are some of the kindest, bravest, smartest people I have ever met. I have no desire to fight with you, or divide us. Instead of focusing on the small things that divide us, like our political views for instance, let's look at the big things that unite us. The Force. A will to make a better world. Sure, we all have different ways of how to do it, many of them controversial, like mine and Streens. But at the end of the day, I love you all as brothers and sisters. Even Kyrin. :silly:

Death and the murder and slaughter of innocents are vastly differing concepts. Further, your desire to cast the world into death and destruction is not a small thing. A Jedi is a peacekeeper for whom force is the last resort. In a revolution, force is the go to. So please explain how outside of a violently oppressive society how those two ideas mesh.

Knight of the Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #264075 by

MadHatter wrote:

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Ooo! Ooo! That Jedi are hypocrites when they say they are accepting of different points of view? What do I win?

Calling an entire group hypocrites because we do not agree an idea is workable or falls within the boundaries of what a Jedi would or would not do

1) Build an argument without a strawman in it and we'll talk.

is just low.

2) Remember who you're talking to *kiss* <3

But if we want to talk about hypocrisy:

Snowy Aftermath wrote:
Breaking my self-imposed silence only to say that this is true. But online human interaction is all that some people have. And we should go out of our way to make everyone feel loved and needed, even if we don't know that circumstance about them.

Gentleness is so valuable in interactions, no matter where they are.

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Bottom line: I respect you enough not to baby you. I want to help you build thicker skin and help you not look stupid, so I'll say something. I expect the same.

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Pick a side and stick with it. Spinning around like this is nauseating.

And which of my thousands of rebirths across this year said those and many other conflicting things as I wrestled with the impossible cognitive dissonance that is TotJO Jediism, dear Hat? Oh yes, all of the ones that had me as a faithful devotee here!

Thanks helping me prove my point? :whistle:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264076 by

MadHatter wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: Wescli, the day we fail as Jedi is the day we start to fear death. Fear. The day we are overcome by fear is the day we fail as Jedi. Looking at everyone here, that doesn't look likely to happen any time soon. You people are some of the kindest, bravest, smartest people I have ever met. I have no desire to fight with you, or divide us. Instead of focusing on the small things that divide us, like our political views for instance, let's look at the big things that unite us. The Force. A will to make a better world. Sure, we all have different ways of how to do it, many of them controversial, like mine and Streens. But at the end of the day, I love you all as brothers and sisters. Even Kyrin. :silly:

Death and the murder and slaughter of innocents are vastly differing concepts. Further, your desire to cast the world into death and destruction is not a small thing. A Jedi is a peacekeeper for whom force is the last resort. In a revolution, force is the go to. So please explain how outside of a violently oppressive society how those two ideas mesh.

MadHatter please could you quote one of my posts where I have said that I will slaughter millions.

More
7 years 5 months ago #264078 by rugadd
Truth.

His plan might just be missionary work and he is here for...missionaries.

Kind of flattering, if its true.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 5 months ago #264079 by rugadd
Truth.

His plan might just be missionary work and he is here for...missionaries.

Kind of flattering, if its true.

rugadd

More
7 years 5 months ago #264080 by MadHatter

Silas Mercury wrote:

MadHatter wrote:

MadHatter please could you quote one of my posts where I have said that I will slaughter millions.

I never claimed you said that. Read carefully I said the slaughter of innocents. You have acknowledged what you want to do will likely get bloody, you have acknowledged that revolution leads to the deaths of innocent people, you have said the cost is worth it. THAT is what I referred to. It doesn't matter if you personally are willing to pull the trigger or not, you are willing by your own posts here to set in motion events that you know have a high likelihood of getting innocent people killed. Even a single innocent death is horrid. Never mind the many (yes likely millions) that your concepts would lead to.
But if we need examples:

Here you acknowledge loss of life WILL happen.

Silas Mercury wrote: Our fine and noble society, or at least those who are fine and noble, will fight to the death for Peace. As Kyrin says in her signature, live for Peace but prepare for War. The world is moving on and old religions are in the way. So they either move with us, or slow down the advancement towards a better world.

You acknowledge here that it means the sacrifice of the innocent:

Silas Mercury wrote: Ironic, because that was written in stone. So your point is kinda invalid. MadHatter, its true. Malcolm X once said "Revolution is bloody, revolution is hostile, revolution knows no compromise, revolution overturns everything that gets in its way". I don't want bloodshed. But sometimes it is nscessary. Sacrifice. The lives of hundreds to save millions. The Force will guide me on my path, and everyone else on theirs.

Edit: Goken, I see myself as more of a Jedi Castro. In the long run people will be happier.

Knight of the Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264081 by
Well, fair enough. Well played.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #264082 by
He may have never said explicitly "I will murder people" but what he has said has been that he is willing to sacrifice people for the greater good.

&quot;Silas wrote: I don't want bloodshed. But sometimes it is nscessary. Sacrifice. The lives of hundreds to save millions.

The trolley ?? Always do what favours the majority, even if it is by one person

This one was in reference to the trolley problem discussing sacrificing one (other than yourself) to save others.

And made comments concerning global domination which as we all know can never be achieved peacefully.

World Conquest by Jedi = Peace

And openly idealizes extremists and radicals

My three favourite peoplementioned in one post - Malcolm X, Che Guevara and Fidel Castro. Just missing Karl Marx

Which is ironic because his desire to take over the world stems from a desire to rid the world of extremists and radicals, just the ones that he doesn't agree with.

These quotes are just from this thread. If you'd like I could go through others to find more, not to mention comments on his blatant racism against white people.

He claims to not want bloodshed but believes that it may very well be necessary and seems to not show an understanding of the massive amount of it that his plans entail or remorse for being willing to take it. All we are asking is that he think about what he really wants and what it will cost the species.

If all he wants is just for Jedi to be missionaries (who are not, by definition, actually ruling anyone) then he needs to be more clear about it. If this many people seem to take what he's saying in the same way then it seems like that's what he's saying, whether he means it that way or not.

Edit: MadHatter did his while I was working on mine. Twinning it up again. :laugh:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi