The Revolutionary Society

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #263878 by
Replied by on topic The TotJO Revolutionary Society
Thanks, but Cry God, Harry, England and Saint George, somebody lock the thread before we :laugh: kill eachother !!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #263881 by Adder
I can move it to humor!? Don't focus too much on delusions of grandeur though, as they have been shown to be a rather prevalent delusion in psychosis. Like we are what we eat, we also are what we think.......to some extent, eventually, if we keep it up enough. Don't want to start to really believe it do you? Though a bit of talking oneself up is always good!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #263884 by

Silas Mercury wrote: Ironic, because that was written in stone. So your point is kinda invalid. MadHatter, its true. Malcolm X once said "Revolution is bloody, revolution is hostile, revolution knows no compromise, revolution overturns everything that gets in its way". I don't want bloodshed. But sometimes it is nscessary. Sacrifice. The lives of hundreds to save millions. The Force will guide me on my path, and everyone else on theirs.

Edit: Goken, I see myself as more of a Jedi Castro. In the long run people will be happier.

My initial response to this was to quote 'The Art of War' with regard to subduing an enemy without fighting, but then upon reflection I realised such a response buys into the premise that somehow 'non-jedi' are the 'enemy'.

Of course, this raises the question of why they should be the enemy? If, in our hubris, we believe ourselves more enlightened than they (thus better qualified to lead the world), should we not avail ourselves to them in order to aid them in reaching the same enlightenment? Whether they call it Jediism or by any other name?

Or perhaps this thread has deviated from the OP in that it has become a moral debate on the ethics of war and sacrifice. Honestly, I'm not even certain of the purpose of the OP anymore. In fact, I'll simply leave this response now with a short quote.

Episode 2 wrote: A: I don’t think the system works.
P: How would you have it work?
A: We need a system where the politicians sit down
and discuss the problem… agree what’s in the best
interest of all people… and then do it.
P: That’s exactly what we do.
The trouble is that people don’t always agree.
A: Well, then they should be made to.
P: By whom? Who’s going to make them?
A: I don’t know. Someone.
P: You?
A: Of course not me.
P: But someone.
A: Someone wise.
P: Sounds an awful lot like a dictatorship to me.
A: Well, if it works.

More
7 years 6 months ago #263885 by Manu

Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
-Abraham Lincoln

Silas, before you set out to settle your revolution by the sword, know that there are more effective tools in dealing with your enemies. Triumph through violence will paint a huge target on your back, and that is not smart, regardless of your moral inclinations.

Do not lose your passion for changing the world. Just take a while and look at more effective ways of doing so.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran, Jason Peel, Brick, Leah Starspectre, ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #263892 by

Manu wrote:

Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
-Abraham Lincoln

Silas, before you set out to settle your revolution by the sword, know that there are more effective tools in dealing with your enemies. Triumph through violence will paint a huge target on your back, and that is not smart, regardless of your moral inclinations.

Do not lose your passion for changing the world. Just take a while and look at more effective ways of doing so.

This is probably the most helpful thing I've heard in weeks.

More
7 years 6 months ago #263912 by JamesSand

Thanks, but Cry God, Harry, England and Saint George, somebody lock the thread before we :laugh: kill eachother !!

With Photons? or do you and the Brickster live neighbourly like, and the online stouches run into knocking over each other's garbage bins and leaving offal in the car vents?

For all the vitriol, I can see the *attraction* of Silas' thinking.

I don't necessarily agree with it, I don't believe in the sort of peace he believes might come of it. (I believe the world can be Peacier, but not Peacest :P )

Many of you agree with the premise, roughly, that all would benefit from studying Jediism as you do.

Obviously, not with (what you think) his methods might be.

That said, his methods have never really been explained. He says a lot about conquest and willing to die and so on, but he has not really shared a *plan*

Much less possess (as far as I know) the resources to enact anything too grand.

So, if his Plan, so far, is to put posters up about Jediism on the local public notice board in the interest of "raising his army" Then, that's probably a good thing, Making Jediism more available to his community. Who can argue with that?

His dark and edgy Avatar, and grand speeches make him come off as a nutter, fair enough - But he sees a problem with a society, and at the moment, his response is (what appears to be) Rage.

I'm more or less with Manu and some others in this - Keep the passion, but try being a floor manager for 10 people and see if ruling the world seems even slightly possible after that :laugh:

(The alternative being, develop acceptance, and live in the world the way it is. Reign in your "bubble" of influence, and work within the realm you actually have some control over)

FINALLY: I may have asked it before, but - Have you read The Republic?

It might be interesting for you (It also might encourage you to kill everyone over the age of 5 and brainwash the youth... It gets mixed reviews :laugh: )
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #263940 by
Change of any kind has to be small if you are wanting it to be accepted with the least hostile/negative reaction.

It must be gentle and subtle. Remember that violence does not ever change the minds of people. Vietnam and the Persian Gulf transcontinental region are proof you cannot change a people suddenly or violently.

Be the example. Live by the values you wish others to use. Pay it forward and encourage others to pay it forward as well.

This is more like a drop of water hitting a body of water, it creates just a tiny ripple. That ripple can become the great movement and build up the momentum towards your goal.

Start local. Be the change in your immediate environment and you will begin to see and feel the change around you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #263955 by

JamesSand wrote: Many of you agree with the premise, roughly, that all would benefit from studying Jediism as you do.

Why do you assume that?

More
7 years 6 months ago #263959 by Br. John
Striving for the perfect society is a cause of great misery. New Topic at https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jediism/116372-striving-for-the-perfect-society-is-a-cause-of-great-misery-embrace-our-imperfections#263958

Founder of The Order

More
7 years 6 months ago #263996 by Kobos

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

JamesSand wrote: Many of you agree with the premise, roughly, that all would benefit from studying Jediism as you do.

Why do you assume that?

If I may i believe this train of thought comes from the underlying belief that the connection to what we see as the force which may guide many of our actions is any different from the beliefs of others not just a separate but equal perception. Silas, as we chatted the other day reflect because as Malcolm X said, "by any means necessary." he saw no other options and yet Dr. King made a great deal more headway through peaceful means of non-division and dreams that encompassed all as equals placing no one on top. Your conviction and charisma is a strength you should reflect upon and as Carlos said your ideals are no less valid than any others. However, as human society show as one of the few constant truths to our condition, placing people over others always allow for the birth of an aristocracy, to me one of the most evil creations of man. Something to be mindful of. Also, remember many cubans suffered under Fidel Castro and Che, don't allow the romantized quotes of a man mislead you he is nothing other than a person like any of us, unlike his people he did not live in relative poverty.....

Peace and respect, act as you see fit within what the force shows and tells you; but understand that counter movements will always exist.
Tim

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi