7 years 6 months ago #263864 by
Replied by on topic The TotJO Revolutionary Society
The trolley ?? Always do what favours the majority, even if it is by one person

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #263865 by MadHatter

Alexandre Orion wrote:

World Conquest by Jedi = Peace

Sacrifice. The lives of hundreds to save millions.

:huh: ... now that's the Trolley car problem on some pretty hard drugs ! :blink:

I almost inhaled my gum reading this. Thank you for the laugh, Alexandre! :laugh:

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #263866 by MadHatter

MadHatter wrote:

Alexandre Orion wrote:

:huh: ... now that's the Trolley car problem on some pretty hard drugs ! :blink:

I almost inhaled my gum reading this. Thank you for the laugh, Alexandre! :laugh:

Silas Mercury wrote: The trolley ?? Always do what favours the majority, even if it is by one person

So Silas was Hitler or Pol Pot or Mao or Stalin right when they murdered the innocent for the favor of the majority?

Knight of the Order
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by MadHatter.

More
7 years 6 months ago #263867 by Jason Peel

MadHatter wrote:

MadHatter wrote:

Alexandre Orion wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: The trolley ?? Always do what favours the majority, even if it is by one person

So Silas was Hitler or Pol Pot or Mao or Stalin right when they murdered the innocent for the favor of the majority?

That which is necessary isn't essentially "right" murder in any form for any reason I terrible. But the cost of life is death.

More
7 years 6 months ago #263868 by Brick

Silas Mercury wrote: Look, I just think the world needs to change, and we need to establish ourselves as an important religion, and have our say.

No, you look Silas. I don't think you understand the severity of some of the statements you've made in this thread.

You're talking about mass genocide, in fact multiple mass genocides. Because you don't just want to do it to one group of people, you want to do it to every group that doesn't follow the your 'jedi vision'. A vision that is not only not shared by 99% of the population of this planet but is also, ironically, not shared by 99% of the actual Jedis commenting on this thread!

Im all for freedom of speech but i am, quite frankly, sick of your racist, bigoted, hate filled, borderline extremist rhetoric. I can't decide whether some of the comments that you have made in this thread are intentionally antagonistic or just insanely niave but, either way, they are morally repugnant and offend me down to the very core of my being!

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

More
7 years 6 months ago #263869 by rugadd
I'm starting to think Silas likes attention and cannot differentiate between the positive and negative.

But I couldn't know for sure.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

More
7 years 6 months ago #263870 by Alexandre Orion

That is too easy, Silas ... why ? Why do what favours the majority ? Is that favouring the majority ? Who are the majority ?

You're not thinking this through very well. One of the classic responses to the trolley car scenario is this one :

Suppose you are the doctor in a hospital emergency service. There are five accident victims who arrive, all needing different organs replaced immediately. Now, you don't have all those organs just waiting there in the refrigerator, but you do have one bloke napping in the waiting room who is perfectly healthy -- he's just there for a hand injury or something. So, what you could do -- to favour the majority, as you put it -- is to bring in the healthy bloke, harvest his organs and save the five lives.

Put like that, it seems pretty barbaric, doesn't it ?

There's your utilitarian reasoning that favours an unknown majority with a very strange sort of peace. I have been at this for some while, and though I do get a lot of things wrong, this doesn't seem like the sort of peace that the Jedi stand for. :whistle:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason Peel, MadHatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #263871 by
Replied by on topic The TotJO Revolutionary Society
If my freedom to speak arouses conflict, then someone lock the thread. I'm sick of being called racist, evil, Hitler like and homicidal..... I'm not.

More
7 years 6 months ago #263874 by MadHatter

Silas Mercury wrote: If my freedom to speak arouses conflict, then someone lock the thread. I'm sick of being called racist, evil, Hitler like and homicidal..... I'm not.

If multiple people keep making similar statements it might be time to look inward my young friend. If others perception of your speech does not align with the view you take of yourself or your goals it might be that one of the two is not synching up. In short, if everyone keeps telling you that you have no clothes on then the guy that sold them to you might have duped you.

Knight of the Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

More
7 years 6 months ago #263876 by Brick

Silas Mercury wrote: If my freedom to speak arouses conflict, then someone lock the thread. I'm sick of being called racist, evil, Hitler like and homicidal..... I'm not.

I apologise for losing my temper with you Silas.

It was neither a mature nor appropriate way for me to behave. :(

All freedom of speech arouses conflict because everyone has different opinions on certain topics. But that is essential for good debate.

No need to lock the thread on my account :)

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi