The Revolutionary Society

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #264011 by
Replied by on topic The TotJO Revolutionary Society
My three favourite peoplementioned in one post - Malcolm X, Che Guevara and Fidel Castro. Just missing Karl Marx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #264012 by OB1Shinobi

Silas Mercury wrote: My three favourite peoplementioned in one post - Malcolm X, Che Guevara and Fidel Castro. Just missing Karl Marx

lol, man, would it kill you to idolize someone who's actually done something useful?

you dont even know what youre rebelling against, you just like the idea if being a rebel

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #264013 by

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: My three favourite peoplementioned in one post - Malcolm X, Che Guevara and Fidel Castro. Just missing Karl Marx

lol, man, would it kill you to idolize someone who's actually done something useful?

you dont even know what youre rebelling against, you just like the idea if being a rebel

That's not true, and Malcolm X was the reason Civil Rights happened not Dr. King, Castro and Che Revolutionised a whole country and installed a secure government, anx Karl Marx grew one sick beard.

More
7 years 6 months ago #264019 by MadHatter

Silas Mercury wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

That's not true, and Malcolm X was the reason Civil Rights happened not Dr. King, Castro and Che Revolutionised a whole country and installed a secure government, anx Karl Marx grew one sick beard.

So you idolize a man like Che? One who would have killed me and every other LGBT person here. Never mind the other insane things the man has said. That says plenty.

Malcome X was a racist, Castro a tyrant, and Marx and his ideology has never once worked out.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
7 years 6 months ago #264020 by Breeze el Tierno
There is an angle on all this you don’t seem to have considered.

You discuss what Jedi should do, what we believe, what our place is. You discuss our leadership role and how our beliefs make us uniquely qualified to be in charge. You are not, by any means, the first. There will likely be more after you.

And you have presented that here to an audience that is, with only a handful of exceptions, Jedi. And the people disagreeing with you are Jedi.

You should take clear note of the disconnect. You have come forward to tell Jedi that they should be in control. And they, we, have disagreed. What does that suggest to you?

You say you are a Jedi, and I will not tell you that you can’t use the name. There are a lot of different ways to be a Jedi, room for many.

It should give you pause, however, that you have walked into the Temple to tell us who we are, what we should be doing, and that you are one of us, but that none of it adds up.

Perhaps you do not really know who we are.

I think you have picked up a label you take to mean ‘special person.’ I think you are angry, afraid, and in a terrible rush to find simple answers to complex problems. I think you have not yet learned to allow people to be imperfect. I think your patience ran out long ago. It all seems very painful and exhausting. It is certainly exhausting to watch.

Of course you want people to live well, to treat each other well, to be safe, and to have their needs met. We all do. We may disagree on methodology, but we all want this. Jedi serve.

But that is not why you are doing all this. You are doing this because you need things outside yourself to be just right. You need people to stop making bad choices. You are terribly, desperately afraid. You need the world around you to change before you can feel safe and good.

No shame in that. One way or another, we all feel some of that. I do.

But that entitles us to nothing. Being Jedi entitles us to nothing.

Learn about yourself first. Do some work. If you think you can hack it, pay your dues and find someone willing to guide you the edge of the woods. Then walk in.

But all of this, here, is fear and desperation. It is fragmented and you can’t see past your own frenzy. You run around in circles too much. Take a breath. Look around. Slow down.

This isn’t what you think it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Zenchi, OB1Shinobi and 6 other people also said thanks.

More
7 years 6 months ago #264022 by JamesSand

JamesSand wrote:
Many of you agree with the premise, roughly, that all would benefit from studying Jediism as you do.

Why do you assume that?

Most people are pretty similar, so if we think it's good for us, it might be good for others - Although you're right, it's not an evangelising faith, so there's no inherent belief that "everyone else should do it to".

But, that aside, I went out of my way to use terms like "many" and "roughly" so that folks could happily feel I didn't say "all" and "precisely" and live in the areas not covered by the generalisation without trying to argue the point :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #264035 by
Cabur, thank you. MadHatter, I was completely unaware of Guevara's position on LGBT people, I have dated a made out with plenty of guys aswell as girls, so I guess I identify as bisexual, and apologize for any offence there. I do however admire Castro and Guevara's ability to overcome impossible odds, and finally, a quote from Malcolm X,

"If white men knew the alternative, maybe they'd be more willing to listen to Dr. King"

More
7 years 6 months ago #264043 by rugadd
I'm having trouble finding any direct recommendations of horrible, inhumane tactics in Silas' posts.

Surely some could be assumed...but we all know what assumptions do...

Almost as if certain names and scenarios were dropped just to see what people are afraid of...

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #264046 by

rugadd wrote: I'm having trouble finding any direct recommendations of horrible, inhumane tactics in Silas' posts.

Surely some could be assumed...but we all know what assumptions do...

Almost as if certain names and scenarios were dropped just to see what people are afraid of...

:D Thanks Rugadd, lol, it's a conspiracy!! They're all trying to get rid of Silas Mercury !!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #264051 by

Cabur Senaar wrote: You should take clear note of the disconnect. You have come forward to tell Jedi that they should be in control. And they, we, have disagreed. What does that suggest to you?

Ooo! Ooo! That Jedi are hypocrites when they say they are accepting of different points of view? What do I win?

Perhaps you do not really know who we are.

And perhaps your walls are too narrow.

I think you have not yet learned to allow people to be imperfect.

Sounds like he fits right in. Look what you did to him just now.

It is certainly exhausting to watch.

I say this every time I come here.

This isn’t what you think it is.

Perhaps. But this wasn't about you freely psychoanalyzing someone in public and potentially humiliating him in front of the people you influence and have a leadership position over. This was about Silas wanting to start a little group off in the corner for likeminded types. However misled his idea might have been, you have now gone way off the rails and intruded into something that was never your place to declare out loud for everyone else. Now every new person who reads this and respects your opinion will have a predefinition of this person before he even gets to speak, simply because of your profession and rank here.

*golf clap*
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi