The Revolutionary Society

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #264083 by Zenchi
MadHatter and Goken, you two are the reasons I dont post here as often as I'd like to, thank you... :whistle:

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Zenchi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
7 years 5 months ago #264089 by Brenna
I've always wondered why people believe there is such a thing as "peace" or "world peace"

Human nature, differing ideals, and values mean that conflict is inevitable. Even within ourselves, peace isn't a constant.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264101 by
Replied by on topic The TotJO Revolutionary Society

Zenchi wrote: MadHatter and Goken, you two are the reasons I dont post here as often as I'd like to, thank you... :whistle:

I'm not 100% sure how to take that... :huh: You're welcome...I think...

Until shown otherwise I'll take it nicely. :laugh:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264102 by
As the OP i think I can ask for the thread to be locked ?? My apologies for any conflict caused at all in this thread, I'll try not to stir the pot again ....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264104 by

Silas Mercury wrote: As the OP i think I can ask for the thread to be locked ?? My apologies for any conflict caused at all in this thread, I'll try not to stir the pot again ....

lol :laugh:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264105 by
Whys that funny ?? Also, get in chat, TempleBot is scaring me

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #264106 by OB1Shinobi

Silas Mercury wrote: My three favourite peoplementioned in one post - Malcolm X, Che Guevara and Fidel Castro. Just missing Karl Marx

i think that what you idolize is the idea of people havin courage and thinking for themselves and standing up to tyrany

and i dont think anyone here disagrees with those as worthy; we all see them as admirable qualities and aspire to live up to them ourselves

where the disagreement happens between you and me, and apparently you and nearly everyone else here, is that your understanding of history is very generic and sloganized

based on the way you speak and the things you say, it seems that you dont actually know the history or understand the historical context of the people and ideas you claim to idolize

so youve got a good desire to make the world better, thats awesome

but people who really want to make the world better have a serious responsibility to be humble and learn what the hell the world is before they go forcing changes

if you dont understand what youre changing, youre definitely going to change it for the worse

so, i dont think anyone is trying to get rid of you, even im not trying to get rid of you, someof us have been trying to get through to you
and really it would benefit you to be open to the perspective of those who have more experience and more learning than you do; you might find that the ideas you gain are better than the ideas you let go of if you are willing to grow a little bit

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264107 by

Silas Mercury wrote: As the OP i think I can ask for the thread to be locked ?? My apologies for any conflict caused at all in this thread, I'll try not to stir the pot again ....

Not much of a revolutionary...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264108 by
I wluld go into deep political history, but I don't want to look like a knkw it all expensive *sshole. And, okay.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #264111 by

Zenchi wrote: MadHatter and Goken, you two are the reasons I dont post here as often as I'd like to, thank you... :whistle:

Silas is my reason.

Still doesn't deserve to be dissected in front of an audience though.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi