The Revolutionary Society

More
7 years 5 months ago #263642 by Manu

MadHatter wrote:

Manu wrote:

MadHatter wrote: I mean at some point someone taught Barack Obama US History does that make that person qualified to run the US?

You can't quite compare modern education and Obama's history teacher with ancient education and Aristotle providing one on one tutoring to Alexander.

Even in the days of one on one tutoring, most leaders had more than one teacher and for a reason.

Edit:

I mean do you think Aristotle taught Alexander how to use a sword or military tactics? No he taught him HOW to think.

I think this whole back and forth is straying to far from what I originally was setting out to ask:

MadHatter wrote:

Khaos wrote:

Jedi are not called to lead from the front, at least from my interpretation of this passage. We lead by example, by uplifting others, by building up each other and those who seek us out.

How are you going to be an example from the back?

Ask the teachers and tutors of men like Marcus Aurelius or Alexander the Great. The teachers and tutors were most assuredly behind their pupils when it came to rank and authority.

It seems to me, from this quote above, that it is implied our role is to never be at the front, but work from behind the scenes. My question is very simple: why?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263644 by
Replied by on topic The TotJO Revolutionary Society
Why ?? Because our leaders are too scared to step up and take a role on the world stage. We should lead from the front, tbe middle, the back, make sure nobody is left behind, and we will achieve what we are capable of, instead of "encouraging" others to do things we could get done a lot quicker.

More
7 years 5 months ago #263646 by MadHatter

Manu wrote:

MadHatter wrote:

Manu wrote:

MadHatter wrote: I mean at some point someone taught Barack Obama US History does that make that person qualified to run the US?

You can't quite compare modern education and Obama's history teacher with ancient education and Aristotle providing one on one tutoring to Alexander.

Even in the days of one on one tutoring, most leaders had more than one teacher and for a reason.

Edit:

I mean do you think Aristotle taught Alexander how to use a sword or military tactics? No he taught him HOW to think.

I think this whole back and forth is straying to far from what I originally was setting out to ask:

MadHatter wrote:

Khaos wrote:

Jedi are not called to lead from the front, at least from my interpretation of this passage. We lead by example, by uplifting others, by building up each other and those who seek us out.

Ask the teachers and tutors of men like Marcus Aurelius or Alexander the Great. The teachers and tutors were most assuredly behind their pupils when it came to rank and authority.

It seems to me, from this quote above, that it is implied our role is to never be at the front, but work from behind the scenes. My question is very simple: why?

That is my opinion because that is how I read the creed and the code. Jedi do not seek leadership we guide if asked and if pushed into it,they assume such roles reluctantly. Those that seek power are often the most unfit for it.

Silas Mercury wrote: Why ?? Because our leaders are too scared to step up and take a role on the world stage. We should lead from the front, tbe middle, the back, make sure nobody is left behind, and we will achieve what we are capable of, instead of "encouraging" others to do things we could get done a lot quicker.

So you are calling people whom you know little of cowards because they do not do what YOU think they should? Yet you claim the title Jedi? I'm sorry but nowhere have I ever seen ideas that I would call Jedi in nature that seem so arrogant and judgemental of others that do not believe or act a particular way.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
7 years 5 months ago #263648 by rugadd
Quicker is not necessarily better.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263661 by

Manu wrote:

MadHatter wrote:

Khaos wrote:

Our Doctrine has a few things to say about this:

Warning: Spoiler!

A Jedi will be where the Force guides him to be. In some cases we may be the best to lead the charge from the front, but often we can be of greater service in another capacity. Every action we take will influence the world, and it is our duty as Jedi to recognize which action will be most beneficial to others and then ourselves. It is not about being in the front or the back, but being in the place where you can do the most good.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263668 by
And I do recognize my limitations. And I'm ready to test them.

More
7 years 5 months ago #263671 by Manu

Senan wrote: Every action we take will influence the world, and it is our duty as Jedi to recognize which action will be most beneficial to others and then ourselves. It is not about being in the front or the back, but being in the place where you can do the most good.

This I agree with it. It feels completely different from being relegated only to the back.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263672 by
And you know the place from where we can do good ??

THE FRONT !!!!

More
7 years 5 months ago #263680 by Adder
Don't forget the dimension of time!!! The best leader might be from the past, and the best student from the future :S
Or did I get that backwards!?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 5 months ago #263681 by ren
Replied by ren on topic The TotJO Revolutionary Society
lol you're funny silas.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Brick

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi