Have you killed a human ??

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253648 by
As there are many gun owners here, i was curious to know if any of you have killed another hman in self defence.... i don't mean to pry into personal stuff.... just curious to see how you live with it. Hopefully, this thread will havs no replies :)
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 8 months ago #253650 by steamboat28
The OP is inherently biased.
More
7 years 8 months ago #253651 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Have you killed a human ??
I've hit some animals with my car at night, accidentally, when I was young. Mostly cats I think, running across the road right in front of me... almost from the side so there was no chance to react. I used to drive around a lot at night back then. It was their decision so I give it no thought. I do feel sorry for all the insects I killed when I was a kid, poor buggers just trying to make a living.

But humans.... a kid once ran into my car once!!! In broad daylight, I didn't see him because he ran in front of a bus first, which was next to me, and he missed the bus because it braked but was too stupid to realize he was running across 2 lanes of traffic not 1 and so ploughed into my bonnet. He was ok and buggered off... bit of a fright for me though. Lucky I was only doing about 25mph at the time. If he'd hit his head on the road he might have died. Dingbat

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253652 by
Replied by on topic Have you killed a human ??

steamboat28 wrote: The OP is inherently biased.

And how is that ?
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253653 by

Adder wrote: I've hit some animals with my car at night, accidentally, when I was young. Mostly cats I think, running across the road right in front of me... almost from the side so there was no chance to react. I used to drive around a lot at night back then. It was their decision so I give it no thought. I do feel sorry for all the insects I killed when I was a kid, poor buggers just trying to make a living.

But humans.... a kid once ran into my car once!!! In broad daylight, I didn't see him because he ran in front of a bus first, which was next to me, and he missed the bus because it braked but was too stupid to realize he was running across 2 lanes of traffic not 1 and so ploughed into my bonnet. He was ok and buggered off... bit of a fright for me though. Lucky I was only doing about 25mph at the time. If he'd hit his head on the road he might have died. Dingbat

Close one. May the snails rest in peace my friend. We will forever mourn them.
More
7 years 8 months ago #253654 by Carlos.Martinez3
Growing up un unsupervised I have. In the Army while in country, I have. I have a K.I.A count. Some where in my paperwork. I've eaten animals I've hunted. All clean kills. Why were u wondering about that friend? Would that make wisdom and less valuable? Would that create a growth? I'm not sure the reason but there u go. That's me. As a rescue swimmer in the Coast Guard (AST) I think I'm actually at plus some!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253656 by
When I was in the army. The rest of my unit just returned from Afghanistan and one of the privates just snapped while we were doing some weapon training. He pulled the pin on a grenade and just went nuts. long story short I put him in a headlock, our CO ripped the grenade out of his hands and tossed it. We hit the dirt and the privates neck broke (still in headlock and his head hit the wall). I ended up getting held while they investigated and was cleared of wrong doing.

It's not something that ever leaves you. Especially when it's someone you know would never hurt anyone if they were in the right mind. This was back in 2005 and I was fresh out of Basic Training.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253658 by
One life to save tens .... good job. May he Rest in Peace.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253665 by

Silas Mercury wrote: As there are many gun owners here, i was curious to know if any of you have killed another hman in self defence.... i don't mean to pry into personal stuff.... just curious to see how you live with it. Hopefully, this thread will havs no replies :)

My humor may have killed (tortured, pained, caused suffering, driven crazy and hurt) many but my gun has killed none.

Why do you ask?
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253666 by
Curiosity.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi