Have you killed a human ??

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254079 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Have you killed a human ??
1) Total derailment tends to be inappropriate on any forum. "Discussing" Japanese firearm laws in a thread asking about having killed another human is derailment.

2) Ideas, not people. I believe that's even stated clearly in the rules, for what they're worth.

3) Like was just said by another poster, your "discussion" has come across as a very petulant, petty argument with one another over who is right or wrong to the casual outside observer. That doesn't really belong in the forum.

4) And perhaps most importantly..... if I may be so bold to speak for some others (and I do so knowing some others who have said this to me directly), there are a number of individuals who are getting tired of seeing personal arguments pop up in every single thread, and again, that's really that's all your "discussion" was/is.... A personal argument.

The fact that it keeps occurring is making for an unnecessarily hostile, and dare I say it toxic, environment that is starting to push some members away from the site. Again I say that having heard it directly from some members. People going after other people doesn't belong here. It never has and it really needs to stop. . .

So again, could you please take the continued "discussion" to a private forum.... This thread is for discussing whether or not someone has killed someone else. Not for discussing who is right or wrong about Japanese firearm possession laws (or Japanese laws in general)....

Thank you.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Brick
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254093 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Have you killed a human ??
To answer your question Silas, no I never have. And I only answer because I never have.

Like some of the others, I find your reasoning of "curiosity" to be wholely inappropriate for the question you've asked. As I highly doubt any of us on this site are intentional murderers for the sake of murder, you're asking someone to reveal something explicitly personal about their past. For most who have been forced to kill another, be it self defense or as a legal aspect of their job, those deaths are open wounds on the human psyche.

A wise individual doesn't peel at the scab on their arm. It would be even wiser not to ask others to peel off the scab on their heart, unless you are both willing and capable of walking with them through the healing process that would follow.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254136 by
Replied by on topic Have you killed a human ??
once I "shoot down" a bird. I didnt mean to, I wanted just to scare him away. But unfortunately I missed and he fall down death.
More
7 years 8 months ago #254142 by Alethea Thompson

I have a list of liars in the community- no one knows who all of them are, it's for an entirely different reason than you suspect.

What the member you are "speaking" to, or what I suspect is neither here nor there at this point

This is where you'd be inaccurate. He asked first if my motives were to gain notoriety. My motives are completely the point.

- Secret & Deceptive "policing" is abhorrent to me, and while my membership is still "in process", if that is the nature of people following the Jedi path, I might consider I need to conduct my studies and self development elsewhere.

Sith and Shadow have the self-development arena cornered really, you'll find more growth there than in the Jedi philosophy IMO. Jedi you're suppose to grow others, self-development is a necessary product for purpose of pulling it off. Being in the community, I fell into a niche where I witnessed a great deal of abuse towards others (people getting talked to as though they are less than a dog, people that move across the pond and get physically abused by their "Jedi" mentor, groups of people that go through emotional trauma of witnessing someone they grew to love "die" only to learn later on that the person just wanted an exit plan from the community because they developed so many plans, etc). You find these situations in every belief system, because humans will be humans. Some of us take the people in this community's well-being very seriously, others never notice the problems because they didn't invest time in the community the way others did (and that's fine, it's good to find your niche in the community or because of the community). Don't worry about what others are doing- worry about yourself- if you go the route I and a few others have, it's your choice. Many don't.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu
More
7 years 8 months ago #254143 by Alethea Thompson

Avalonslight wrote: 1) Total derailment tends to be inappropriate on any forum. "Discussing" Japanese firearm laws in a thread asking about having killed another human is derailment.

Not really, the initial thread talked about guns- it specified guns. It didn't actually even taken into account the fact that you can kill someone using a knife or your bare hands.
Furthermore, throughout the fiction, and even agreed upon in the Jedi Community as a whole, a respect for the law is something we adhere to. If someone is illegally in possession of guns, why not take that opportunity to point out that the Jedi answer is to get rid of them because the country doesn't agree with your possession?

Let's be real, this thread isn't just about killing a human, Silas from the onslaught pushed the idea that gun possession is the only thing that creates a scenario where you could kill someone. This thread is equally about guns as it is about taking another's life.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254147 by
Replied by on topic Have you killed a human ??

Alethea Thompson wrote: Blah Blah Blah ...

You are now looking for a fight with other members so it's official you are a troll and whack job... I have answered the initial question 'Have you killed a human??' and that is it. Not here to play with the mentally handicapped ... ... I'm off this thread. (UnSubscribed) ... ... Good Bye!
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254148 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Have you killed a human ??

Alethea Thompson wrote:

Avalonslight wrote: 1) Total derailment tends to be inappropriate on any forum. "Discussing" Japanese firearm laws in a thread asking about having killed another human is derailment.

Not really, the initial thread talked about guns- it specified guns. It didn't actually even taken into account the fact that you can kill someone using a knife or your bare hands.
Furthermore, throughout the fiction, and even agreed upon in the Jedi Community as a whole, a respect for the law is something we adhere to. If someone is illegally in possession of guns, why not take that opportunity to point out that the Jedi answer is to get rid of them because the country doesn't agree with your possession?

Let's be real, this thread isn't just about killing a human, Silas from the onslaught pushed the idea that gun possession is the only thing that creates a scenario where you could kill someone. This thread is equally about guns as it is about taking another's life.

He wasn't pushing anything, stop grasping already. He made an assumption, younger folk tend to do that from time to time. That isn't a pass on going after someone on gun laws, as his op was more to do with asking how people coped with the fact had they done so out of self defense, which has absolutely nothing to do with your arguement. Give it a rest please, or start another thread to chew over it....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon
More
7 years 8 months ago #254150 by Alethea Thompson
He was though. When Silas pushed the "I know many of you have guns" he placed gun owners on the defensive.

Had he asked "Have you ever killed anyone, how do you deal with it?" Then no, there wouldn't have been a direct link to guns. But he specified. He made this about guns. Not just killing people, but gun usage.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
More
7 years 8 months ago #254151 by Alethea Thompson
I mean, I get why he'd think that. People always push that angle- Guns=Murder, not Knives=Murder, or other things. Most people don't think about the mass stabbings when they think of murder. Obviously the grade of people (we hope) in this forum aren't geared towards other methodologies (bombs, poison), but only in self-defense would you kill someone, and that's just a matter of whatever you have available.

Sometimes that's guns, sometimes it's a readily available knife.

Really, this topic should have been "Would you kill another human." Opens the door for people that have done so to express their pain.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
More
7 years 8 months ago #254154 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Have you killed a human ??

Alethea Thompson wrote: I mean, I get why he'd think that. People always push that angle- Guns=Murder, not Knives=Murder, or other things. Most people don't think about the mass stabbings when they think of murder. Obviously the grade of people (we hope) in this forum aren't geared towards other methodologies (bombs, poison), but only in self-defense would you kill someone, and that's just a matter of whatever you have available.

Sometimes that's guns, sometimes it's a readily available knife.

Really, this topic should have been "Would you kill another human." Opens the door for people that have done so to express their pain.

Not everyone has as much experiemce as you Alethea, nor have they spent as much time in this community. Again, your grasping just for the sake of arguement. Start a thread on your arguement (as it has a valid point, but not in this thread) and give it a rest, please...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi