Have you killed a human ??

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #253940 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Have you killed a human ??

Alethea Thompson wrote: Japan's laws are extremely strict, as in, you can't have them. How do you have one?

Japan's gun control laws aren't that different from the ones in the UK. Japanese citizens are permitted to possess firearms for hunting and sport shooting, its just a bit of a chew-on to get a licence.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Brick.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #253977 by Alethea Thompson
I did read. The fact that you assumed I didn't tells me you didn't read MY post. "How do you have one" is present tense, not past.

Seeing as Military POLICE was my job in Okinawa, I would know the laws surrounding guns. So yes, I do know that you can have one for hunting- but you know what I also know? People like to make themselves sound cool. It's not hard to figure out with the recent incident in Japan that in order to become a Japanese citizen you have to change your name to something Japanese. That's how a black guy can have an obviously Japanese last name, and not be Japanese. It's the rules.

So I'll admit, I was curious to see if you were lying about being a Japanese National.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Alethea Thompson.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #253982 by
Replied by on topic Have you killed a human ??

Alethea Thompson wrote: I did read. The fact that you assumed I didn't tells me you didn't read MY post. "How do you have one" is present tense, not past.

Seeing as Military POLICE was my job in Okinawa, I would know the laws surrounding guns. So yes, I do know that you can have one for hunting- but you know what I also know? People like to make themselves sound cool. It's not hard to figure out with the recent incident in Japan that in order to become a Japanese citizen you have to change your name to something Japanese. That's how a black guy can have an obviously Japanese last name, and not be Japanese. It's the rules.

So I'll admit, I was curious to see if you were lying about being a Japanese National.

I do not need to lie to make friends or look cool as you claim, that is for insecure childish people, and sorry you are out of date on Japanese Nationalisation laws, yes before you had to renounce your birth citizenship and take a Japanese name, but in 2008 the Japanese Nationalisation laws changed allowing people to keep their original birth names, and gave people the option to change to a Japanese name if they wished. I decided to take a full Japanese name which is 龍誉紫暮 I decided on complicated kanji and most cannot read it, which I am happy with, and I also have my own family Kamon which is now on my profile.

As for you being military, yes I know all about US military in Japan, have dealt with them on a number of occasions, normally them being on the wrong side of Japanese law, and big noting themselves.

PS : Served in the RAAMC and RAinf, before moving in to the field of high risk close protection and investigations. Please do not talk to me about firearm laws, I know them all to well.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253989 by
Satire modus on >>> Neh , not yet, but i think about it sometimes , but here in the Netherlands its almost impossible to own a gun , and that is a good thing , we Dutch think about killing eachother a lot :S Djeezz as if anyone is to anwer this thread with Ow yeah , 4 , 3 with my gun and one i strangled with my bare hands :unsure: >>> Satire modus off
More
7 years 8 months ago #254021 by Alethea Thompson

Please do not talk to me about firearm laws, I know them all to well.

You might not feel you need to look cool, but you certainly do look for a fight, don't you?

Don't respond back to that, just consider it. Why did you feel the need to try and make it look like I didn't know what I was talking, and then further the discussion beyond that to try and make it look like I still don't know what I'm talking about. Obviously you know the law. I don't really care that you do, except to ensure you're not making stuff up.

I investigate. You'd be surprised the people that come into the Jedi Community spouting untrue stuff (like living in Russia but never having left their home state in the south, or just talking about how they got into a fight the other day, or how they have a terminal illness, I don't put anything past anyone these days). I keep a running list. Most people don't know who is on that list, no one knows how many are on that list. Integrity is kind of a thing for me. Nothing more, nothing less. But you, you've got a thing about making sure that people know you gave your life's story.

But consider this, let's say I hadn't read your life's story. Why should I have to ask you a question of "how did you get a gun?" There are two context clues that you are from Japan, and none require me to read your thread. 1) From Japan was the title of your introduction post; 2) You're name is Japanese and not one anyone recognizes immediately from being in the forums. Both of which can be seen without reading your initial post. It literally doesn't matter whether I did or not. Suffice to know that I know you're in Japan. That's the only fact that needs to be known.

So again, just consider why you feel the need to see something as worth fighting over. It's not. And there's not need to get up in arms over it. I wasn't aggressive from the onslaught, you became the aggressor. I asked a question, you didn't know my motives, so why assume anything beyond "it's a question" upon initially seeing it?

MartaLina wrote: Satire modus on >>> Neh , not yet, but i think about it sometimes , but here in the Netherlands its almost impossible to own a gun , and that is a good thing , we Dutch think about killing eachother a lot :S Djeezz as if anyone is to anwer this thread with Ow yeah , 4 , 3 with my gun and one i strangled with my bare hands :unsure: >>> Satire modus off

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254024 by
Your first post to me

Alethea Thompson wrote: Japan's laws are extremely strict, as in, you can't have them. How do you have one?

That statement was and is incorrect. You right away made a statement to make out my first post on this thread was a lie.

Your second post to me

Alethea Thompson wrote: Seeing as Military POLICE was my job in Okinawa, I would know the laws surrounding guns.

Capitalising the word police to big note yourself making out your know Japanese Laws, sorry you do not you are just a US MP, you would only know US military laws relating to your bases here, and you would have no powers off base, I know as like I said I have dealt with trouble making US forces, and they also tried to big note themselves, so people would fear them, problem is I do not scare easy.

Alethea Thompson wrote: So I'll admit, I was curious to see if you were lying about being a Japanese National.

You decided to try and test me, why? To big note yourself again? Hey Look People I caught a liar ...
Tell me 'who' was and still is looking for a fight? ... Not me because I have no time for internet trolls ...
Give it time and soon you will accuse me of being Anti-American, which is a common trait, with Americans that cannot get their own way ...

Now your third post to me

Alethea Thompson wrote: But you, you've got a thing about making sure that people know you gave your life's story.

One thing you will learn, I do not lie as lying harms others and yourself (Buddhism) maybe you should read up on the faith, I speak my mind, I am not political correct and I am very direct, I have nothing to hide and not ashamed of my life.

Why not stop trying to offend people and placing them on the defensive and take up a hobby like building astromechs or even a MSE-6 Mouse droid ... Because you are not the police on here and you have no need to try and investigate people, and what you are doing is creating enemies not making friends, and that is not the Jedi way.

May the force be with you.
More
7 years 8 months ago #254030 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Have you killed a human ??
Could we maybe take the personal issues/argument private and get back to the actual topic of the thread, however crass and intrusive it may be....

Thanks.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Zenchi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #254033 by
Could you take the argument to your inbox and let us get back on topic?

While the question might have been asked for what some of you feel is an inappropriate reason (I would agree), It still serves a purpose... remember "never seek to be understood as to understand"

Edit: Avalonslight beat me to it lol. Thanks.
More
7 years 8 months ago #254068 by Alethea Thompson
Why? A discussion goes as it goes.

He's in a forum that believes in personal growth, no? If in the process we bring these things out in each other, how is that possibly a bad thing? Discussions can get heated. I'm quite even, he's the only one that seems angry, which is just something further he can look to in order to grow: "Why'd I let this person I've never met get to me????!

It's yet another good question for him to consider.

Murasaki:

The laws are quite strict. You're talking to an American, by my standards the laws are "very strict". Perhaps not by your standards though- I don't know the restrictions in Australia. So my first comment is not blown out of proportion in context. My emphasizing police is because I had to be familiar with the local law on a level average military personnel do not. We are also allotted a waiver for certain situations that are not afforded others in the country- that extended to our MLCs assigned to military police units. And as o told you before, I have a list of liars in the community- no one knows who all of them are, it's for an entirely different reason than you suspect. Stick around for 13 years, explore every area of the community and get to know what those liars do to people, you'll understand then why I have it. No one would have found out- you'd have just gone on a list of people I keep my eye on in the event damage control was necessary.

Anyways, at this point you're not looking at your intial issue. Hindsight is 20/20, I'm telling you to look at why you started to look for a fight when you couldn't have possibly known there was one to pick. Brock didn't, and his response was what I would have expected from someone that simply saw a question.

If you really want to respond back, that's fine, but I'm done on this topic with you.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
More
7 years 8 months ago #254070 by JamesSand

I'm quite even, he's the only one that seems angry, which is just something further he can look to in order to grow: "Why'd I let this person I've never met get to me????!

to (a) third person watching the debate - you both come off as sort of petulant and "holier than thou"

Take it as you will.

You've both got experience (however they may have varied) in the area, and to certain degrees I am sure you are both right, and wrong.

Why? A discussion goes as it goes.

In does indeed, but there was an initial topic, and it is the nature of this form to follow that topic and avoid "derailing" outside the scope, whatever it may be. (I'm not a Mod here, obviously, but that's roughly the standard for fora, ;) )

I have a list of liars in the community- no one knows who all of them are, it's for an entirely different reason than you suspect.

What the member you are "speaking" to, or what I suspect is neither here nor there at this point - Secret & Deceptive "policing" is abhorrent to me, and while my membership is still "in process", if that is the nature of people following the Jedi path, I might consider I need to conduct my studies and self development elsewhere.

My response to the OP, like others here, is not to answer his question, but to question his motives - What do you hope to learn, about members here, or about yourself from the answers?
The following user(s) said Thank You:
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi