8 years 1 month ago #233801 by
[/quote]I was asked to call people out. This is my compromise.[/quote]

Who asked? :unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #234023 by
More and more when I come here, I cant help but feel like many here would fit in at Yale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd4kX66uG1M

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #234028 by Zenchi

Khaos wrote: More and more when I come here, I cant help but feel like many here would fit in at Yale.

Exactly, self entitlement is a HUGE problem on this site. I don't see the council being able to effectively deal with this without being called out for not being more sympathetic. The members and non members alike need to recognize this behavior and call it out publicly when they see it...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
8 years 1 month ago #234029 by steamboat28

Zenchi wrote: The members here need to recognize this behavior and call it out publicly when they see it...

Every time I've tried this in the past, it has been met with cries that I "start drama", or I'm an "asshole", or a "jerk", or "overreacting." Yet when people call me out in public, folks agree.

I don't care which way it works, I just want it to be the same in both directions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Kit, , OB1Shinobi

More
8 years 1 month ago #234031 by Zenchi

steamboat28 wrote:

Zenchi wrote: The members here need to recognize this behavior and call it out publicly when they see it...

Every time I've tried this in the past, it has been met with cries that I "start drama", or I'm an "asshole", or a "jerk", or "overreacting." Yet when people call me out in public, folks agree.

I don't care which way it works, I just want it to be the same in both directions.

If I can learn to refrain from being abrasive, so can you Steam. Let's work on our approach...

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #234032 by steamboat28

Zenchi wrote: If I can learn to refrain from being abrasive, so can you Steam. Let's work on our approach...

I don't think that commentary fully addresses the core of my statement. It feels like a judgement-based dismissal of my comment due to prior experience with me as an individual.

I'm asking here, in general, as a Temple: are we going to talk about ideas, or are we going to talk about people? Because we know what Socrates, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Henry T. Buckle had to say about that decision. And whichever way we decide, I should like to be prepared.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by steamboat28.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #234036 by Zenchi

steamboat28 wrote:

Zenchi wrote: If I can learn to refrain from being abrasive, so can you Steam. Let's work on our approach...

I don't think that commentary fully addresses the core of my statement. It feels like a judgement-based dismissal of my comment due to prior experience with me as an individual.

I'm asking here, in general, as a Temple: are we going to talk about ideas, or are we going to talk about people? Because we know what Socrates, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Henry T. Buckle had to say about that decision. And whichever way we decide, I should like to be prepared.

No, I am not being dismissive, (Apologies if that's how it seems, it wasn't my intention) and notice I said "let's" and "our." I included myself because it's something we both need to work on, imo...

Perhaps more attention can be given to discussion about ideas, when people start addressing how they approach said discussions, and how they interact with others. This includes how we present ourselves as well as how we interpret others...

Passion, yet Serenity
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, , Carlos.Martinez3, Breeze el Tierno

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #234098 by

Khaos wrote: More and more when I come here, I cant help but feel like many here would fit in at Yale.

Sorry for my intolerance. This is BS! Blaming others because they don't recognize you from everyone else is crap! It's not someone else my fault you don't stand out from the millions. Do something remember-able besides bitch and complain. Be happy with yourself. Be confident. Be your own person. Don't rely on others to make you fell better. You are responsible for your happiness.

More
8 years 1 month ago #234103 by Adder

Yea well what about the people with no fingers to click hmmmm, it'd be a lot harder to get prosthetic functional fingers which could click then prosthetic hands which could be banged together!

What a dummy spit, or more accurately I think someone might have taken their pacifier off them too early and they never got over it. I wonder what they think when they watch it back after a couple of days to cool off. That has gotta be an extreme and rare example... I hope!!

I guess looking at that the problem was she was feeling disenfranchised because something happened with the external object that she didn't agree with... and because she'd associated it with her own identity she felt like it was a personal thing which justified a personal reaction. I agree with Rickie, focus on oneself and don't make the mistake of using other things to define yourself or your importance.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #234104 by Kohadre

Sorry for my intolerance. This is BS! Blaming others because they don't recognize you from everyone else is crap! It's not someone else my fault you don't stand out from the millions. Do something remember-able besides bitch and complain. Be happy with yourself. Be confident. Be your own person. Don't rely on others to make you fell better. You are responsible for your happiness.

What I basically got out of that post was,

The temple is too big for its own good, and needs to figure out a way to manage its existing ranks before it plans on growing any larger.

Quickly, if possible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Kohadre.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi