IP discussion area

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 7 months ago #118436 by ren
Replied by ren on topic IP discussion area

Jestor wrote: Im of the opinion that we don't want to change too much, too quick...this is my first thought...

Im thinking like one thing every few months....

As we grow, it gives us with a bit more on our plate, to also stay up to date on the lessons...

I need to go do the maxims yet, lolol...

that would be very difficult to do jestor. It's better to have a clear distinction between IP versions and who is doing which.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #118437 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic IP discussion area
I still need to do the Maxims also, thank you for reminding me, Maître Jestor ...

Could we make some of these things a choice ? "Do two of the following : (Watt's Meditation/Freedom from the Known/The Power of Now) -- that sort of thing ? Where it is just a little more work than now, but offers a choice (of essentially the same subject-matter) ? :P

... just a thought.

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 7 months ago #118443 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic IP discussion area
Well, I got what you are saying....

But, it will be kinda tough if I don't have the time to get the new stuff "done", by that, I mean wrote in my journal, I do, do the lessons, but just don't write them down..

How about 6 months or so for knights to be able to do the lessons, and talk and compare....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 7 months ago #118458 by
Replied by on topic IP discussion area

Wescli Wardest wrote: She does state in the beginning that she is not a scientist. And I think I pretty much got the idea of what she was talking about by the end of the first chapter.

But rather then expound on the topic with greater detail, to me, it felt as though she dance around the same aspect and never said anything further. Long story short, in my opinion, once you’ve read the first chapter you can pretty much put the book down and know the end of the story.

I will have to disagree with you on this statement, "once you've read the first chapter you can pretty much put the book down and know the end of the story." Again like I've said, I am only 1/4 of the way through the book and each chapter is kind of its own story, but builds upon the other. Sorry, I think who ever listens to the audio only and only reads chapter 1 is missing out in a huge amount of data.

Now on that note, I have skimmed the whole book, and read small parts here and there. This is why I have said what I say, you are missing out.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #121002 by
bump/reiteration that apprentices and above welcome questions regarding the IP.

More
10 years 1 week ago #144907 by J. K. Barger
Replied by J. K. Barger on topic IP discussion area
Bump :)

I thought it was a pretty insightful book- I think I echo with Scott in that she makes no claims to any sort of certifying credential, and just presents the material in a chronological way that is, IMO, a decent enough baseline for folks to jump off and do their own research. I was also able to understand her pretty well, even in some of the denser mathematical and theoretical parts, which really helped me put together some of the bits and pieces of quantum physics research and pseudo-scientific literature into rounder context.

She does insinuate, but I agree also with (I believe Desolous) there is something more to this, but does quite say what. And I think that perhaps is where she brings in her marketing skills and webinars.

I wrote a post a little while back after reading it and was wondering if anyone had any experience with her online material, but it didn't seem like anyone had or was interested.

Either way, the parts about information and how it is stored and transferred was fascinating and deepened the magical potential of Life as it ebbs and flows.

The Force is with you, always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #146137 by
This is a change from the direction the conversation going before, but...

Am I the only person who watched Mindwalk for Lesson 4: Connections? Like, this movie didn't present a whole lot of new information to me because I've been studying a lot of that stuff (quantum theory, the history of philosophical modeling of humanity, etc).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #146140 by

Jamie Stick wrote: Am I the only person who watched Mindwalk for Lesson 4: Connections? Like, this movie didn't present a whole lot of new information to me because I've been studying a lot of that stuff (quantum theory, the history of philosophical modeling of humanity, etc).

Nope, I watched it too. I thought it was pretty interesting, especially the quantum theory stuff. I'm a huge science nerd, and found much of the discussions fascinating.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #146142 by
Jamie

I have watched Mindwalk and am currently listening to The Field. For me, the movie gave me an easier understanding by listening to another's conversation and debate. I am not as familiar with the scientific theories and appreciated having the three separate view points to gain a clearer understanding outside of my own perceptions.

On the subject of, The Field, it is informative to learn the procedures that are used to prove/disprove the Force theories. Maybe because of the fact that the author is a "reporter", there seems to be some stretching to reach some of her pointed conclusions, however.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #146145 by
As far as the IP goes (off the trending point), I would have appreciated Lesson 3: Meditation, to be placed as the second lesson. I think the knowledge of how to help you find your center/balance, after learning about it through Joseph Campbell's interviews would be helpful. Moving on to The Self after that, may make for an easier transition.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi