• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254790 by
Replied by on topic IP discussion area

Tellahane wrote:

Goken wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

tzb wrote: Further I'd be surprised if anyone was very keen to work with a student who has decided they can't be bothered to complete the usual prerequisites to training... we have plenty of Initiates who did, who are yet to find a Master..

Did somewhere along the way did I mistype somewhere or say that I wasn't going to complete the IP and ask for apprenticeship instead?

When I look back at your original post no, but that's certainly how I took it at first.

My bad for giving that impression!

No worries. After re-reading it I'm honestly wondering how we (because it looked like there were several of us) all came to that conclusion. Your first words were literally:

So if I complete the IP

Our bad. :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254791 by
Agreed, apologies for getting the wrong end of the stick.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254804 by

Tellahane wrote:

Knight - Rank
An Apprentice who has successfully completed their apprenticeship to the satisfaction of their Teaching Master and the Council. They uphold the principles of Jediism as defined by the Solemn Vow, and have completed the A.Div level of the degree scheme. They can take on Apprentices of their own. A Knight must be at least eighteen years of age (18).

So the position is described as someone who has completed the training process.

Once thats done the only thing listed as to what they can do or will do is to take apprentices of their own. I know it uses the word "CAN" but it doesn't say anything else, and that is a misleading thing. Maybe things like, as a knight they proceed to further provide their support and knowledge to the community in service of others etc etc etc.

As a current Apprentice myself, I have discovered through the process so far that I have grown and changed a lot. I don't know who I will be when it comes time to officially call myself a Knight. Teaching others may be the next step, but I might also focus on continuing my own individual learning and training for a while. Or maybe I will decide to serve the Temple in a PR capacity or offer to be a forum moderator. The point is, right now I don't know, and that is why I prefer the open ended description of a Knight here at TOTJO. It is my belief that part of training to be a Knight is to learn how you can best serve the Force as a Knight. That won't always include teaching others.

As of right now, I would even be willing to take it a step further and say that a Jedi Knight, whether it be granted here or elsewhere, should serve the Force. If that means leaving these walls and never returning in order to serve elsewhere, that can still be considered equally as valuable as those who stick around to teach others here.

More
7 years 7 months ago #254807 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic IP discussion area

Senan wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

Knight - Rank
An Apprentice who has successfully completed their apprenticeship to the satisfaction of their Teaching Master and the Council. They uphold the principles of Jediism as defined by the Solemn Vow, and have completed the A.Div level of the degree scheme. They can take on Apprentices of their own. A Knight must be at least eighteen years of age (18).

So the position is described as someone who has completed the training process.

Once thats done the only thing listed as to what they can do or will do is to take apprentices of their own. I know it uses the word "CAN" but it doesn't say anything else, and that is a misleading thing. Maybe things like, as a knight they proceed to further provide their support and knowledge to the community in service of others etc etc etc.

As a current Apprentice myself, I have discovered through the process so far that I have grown and changed a lot. I don't know who I will be when it comes time to officially call myself a Knight. Teaching others may be the next step, but I might also focus on continuing my own individual learning and training for a while. Or maybe I will decide to serve the Temple in a PR capacity or offer to be a forum moderator. The point is, right now I don't know, and that is why I prefer the open ended description of a Knight here at TOTJO. It is my belief that part of training to be a Knight is to learn how you can best serve the Force as a Knight. That won't always include teaching others.

See even thats a better description then almost no description =p It at least describes the open-ended portion where nothing really leaves it open ended it just...leaves it...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi