American Jedi Documentry

More
6 years 4 months ago #309667 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic American Jedi Documentry

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Dewy.Cosmos wrote: The Huffington Post just did an article last night
Article: These Are The Real People Who Follow The Jedi Religion

A pretty interesting article, but again we see that it was very much following Opie. Not a bad thing, but something we can learn from if we decide to make our own documentary. Follow more paths, show how varied this whole thing is. :) Thanks for the share Dewy. :)

Good luck with that. But I am betting that NO ONE here wants to put themselves out there like that. You have no clue how much stress it was watching that and having your story out there for the world to see. TOTJO is a forum where many hide behind screen names and false pictures. It is much diffrent when you receive facebook requests, rude messages and even need to change your phone number over a film. How many people are really ready willing and able to put themselves out there and being ready for the backlash as well?

I am not saying Opie, Perris or myself or special, but I am saying be careful what you ask for. You will get it.

On a side note, Opie (who i truly dislike) and myself already had our voices out there in our own podcasts. I am using Jedi Realist Radio as a way to introduce new voices to the community. I dropped the opportuntiy for TOTJO members to jump on to a show or more to promote TOTJO and NO ONE took up the offer. Why would people want to do a film if they would not even call into a podcast?

For the record, you emailed me asking me, I replied back twice with available dates and never heard a response, just fyi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #309668 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic American Jedi Documentry
Maybe some here did not know we'd be happy for them to do it if they wanted. They might have been waiting for The Council to choose someone or thought one of the officers would do it.

A couple of years ago I did one and the next week Jones did one. The same people had both of us down for a third one with the understanding that we could ask each other questions and cross examine each other too . At the last minute Jones cancelled saying his girlfriend's grandmother had died, again, and he was too upset to do the show.

If you could get something like that set up I'll be there. Opie let him off the hook on many things. What a show that would be.

A memo to members here, if your interested please PM me. Having a Knight, an Apprentice and someone working on The IP (at least 50% through it) to give perspective should make a good show.

Or if a Knight wants to do it that's fine too.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Lykeios Little Raven

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309675 by
Replied by on topic American Jedi Documentry

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

A pretty interesting article, but again we see that it was very much following Opie. Not a bad thing, but something we can learn from if we decide to make our own documentary. Follow more paths, show how varied this whole thing is. :) Thanks for the share Dewy. :)

Good luck with that. But I am betting that NO ONE here wants to put themselves out there like that. You have no clue how much stress it was watching that and having your story out there for the world to see. TOTJO is a forum where many hide behind screen names and false pictures. It is much diffrent when you receive facebook requests, rude messages and even need to change your phone number over a film. How many people are really ready willing and able to put themselves out there and being ready for the backlash as well?

I am not saying Opie, Perris or myself or special, but I am saying be careful what you ask for. You will get it.

On a side note, Opie (who i truly dislike) and myself already had our voices out there in our own podcasts. I am using Jedi Realist Radio as a way to introduce new voices to the community. I dropped the opportuntiy for TOTJO members to jump on to a show or more to promote TOTJO and NO ONE took up the offer. Why would people want to do a film if they would not even call into a podcast?

I would like to say I put myself out there weekly. Would love to be part of something like this.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309676 by
I hope yinz do your film. This way people can stop being upset over why they were not in the film. Oddly enough their were two current tottjo people at the gatherings when American Jedi was film. The film talks about the path of a few people and what we do with that message is what matters. We have jedi Living and Jedi Realist Radio both have been reeching the community long before the film was released. The hope is people check out the film, then check out the projects we are working on, check out the groups on and off the inteternet and of course come visit our gatherings.

In truth I believe this film will help generate interest in the community but I will NOT be using my platform to talk about groups that DO NOT support the project.

But either way good luck and I hope you get exactly what you ask for.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #309677 by Lykeios Little Raven

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Oh. You have a podcast. How cute and impressive. *rolls eyes*

Look dude, I'm willing, ready, and able to put myself out there anytime. I'm not worried about "backlash."

Also, people probably didn't take your "opportunity" to chime into your podcast because you sort of have a reputation as a self-promoting, opinionated gasbag. But, we'll ignore that and say it's because NO ONE here at TOTJO is willing to face "backlash" and everyone wants to hide behind their screen names, sure thing boss.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 4 months ago #309678 by steamboat28

Arisaig wrote: Not a bad thing, but something we can learn from if we decide to make our own documentary.[/color]

If we did such a thing, it should be a mini-series, at the least. Too many narrative threads in a film really destroys any time spent on individual stories.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 4 months ago #309679 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic American Jedi Documentry

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

I asked you multiple times when you were having that podcast focusing on the TOTJO, you never really got back to me, pointing at a few others who "might" do something similar.

I get that you disagree with Opie, and I respect that, in all due politeness please keep personal grievances out of this thread, thanks bunches...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309680 by

steamboat28 wrote:

Arisaig wrote: Not a bad thing, but something we can learn from if we decide to make our own documentary.[/color]

If we did such a thing, it should be a mini-series, at the least. Too many narrative threads in a film really destroys any time spent on individual stories.

I'd almost like that more. Truly delve into Jediism and the Jedi Path.

More
6 years 4 months ago #309681 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic American Jedi Documentry
Totjo has a youtube channel which could be used for that. We also have a newsletter in hich one section talks about the personal stories of a Jedi here.
There is no problem with making a podcast or mini series of our own. I think that might be good

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, steamboat28, Zenchi, OB1Shinobi, thomaswfaulkner,

More
6 years 4 months ago #309702 by Alethea Thompson
If you do use YouTube, make sure you tag Jediism. I am probably going to retire Force Realists for now and revive my Jedi talks with a new platform at Armonia Seminary, and keeping Let’s Regroup at KoA.

But when I come back, I will be able to make interviews happen again. I’m just waiting on a new laptop for interviews, and that will be coming hopefully at Tax Season.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, steamboat28