American Jedi Documentry

More
6 years 5 months ago #306514 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic American Jedi Documentry
Anyone know of a way for me to pay for a bunch of people to see this?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #306515 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic American Jedi Documentry

Rosalyn J wrote: Anyone know of a way for me to pay for a bunch of people to see this?

Legally? Invite them over for a viewing party.

Founder of The Order

More
6 years 5 months ago #306519 by Rosalyn J
Electronically

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #306524 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic American Jedi Documentry
deleted

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by FTPC.

More
6 years 5 months ago #306525 by Br. John
You can rent or buy it with an Amazon gift card and Jedi Compass is here http://amzn.to/2zb2T7G .

The Way of Jediism is here (free). https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/media/kunena/attachments/523/haab2b3a_2014-11-19.pdf It's not complete or up to date. ZenChi is about to start on finishing and updating it to get it ready for publication.

Founder of The Order

More
6 years 5 months ago #306526 by Br. John

Rosalyn J wrote: Electronically

Possible - yes. Legal - no. The on demand rental cost is well under the price of a movie ticket.

Founder of The Order

More
6 years 5 months ago #306528 by Rosalyn J
True but it would be a nice gift

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 5 months ago #306530 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic American Jedi Documentry

Br. John wrote: You can rent or buy it with an Amazon gift card and Jedi Compass is here http://amzn.to/2zb2T7G .

The Way of Jediism is here (free). https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/media/kunena/attachments/523/haab2b3a_2014-11-19.pdf It's not complete or up to date. ZenChi is about to start on finishing and updating it to get it ready for publication.

I bought the Jedi compass on june 2 2017,
I ment when will we have an america Jedi made about another hand full of jedi Knights

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

More
6 years 5 months ago #306531 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic American Jedi Documentry
After sleeping on it and re-hashing parts of it this morning I'm really on the fence on this documentary. It in itself is a good video, is it a "Jedi Documentary" though....I'm not sure. There are great stories in here about a few Jedi in the community, it shows what happened, what some of the challenges were in there life, and then it shows them after they got past their challenges, and briefly some time periods past those challenges. However it still felt extremely lacking on how on a personal level the actual connection between the Jedi philosophy and what they chose to do to come out the other side? Not sure how to articulate that but for as an example, I believe Opie stated at one point how even with years of training as a Jedi he completely switched gears and went full....hulk mode for a little while, then went and hermitted, then went back to the training and re-entered the community etc and came out a better guy on the other side...great, I think the comment specifically was getting back to following the teachings. But there wasn't a comment such as, in the Jedi teachings there is this teaching that I had to really work hard to apply to my life, or that teaching, or that belief, or this code and put that out there. I really wish there was more of the connection between the two.

It feels less like a documentary about the Jediism faith/philosophy/way of living, and more of a documentary of 3 people who happen to also be Jedi. Which in and of itself is a great video, but I guess it comes down to what purpose this documentary was truly supposed to be about. I was hoping a better connection to the faith/philosophy etc to show more how it helped these people so that others who are lost could maybe better relate and better connect to it. Idk, that's how I'm feeling when I woke up an hour ago after re-hashing the whole thing. I may end up re-watching it again and think about it under a different light idk.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306537 by
Replied by on topic American Jedi Documentry
Haven't had time to watch yet, but I may have differing expectations than some. I would never expect any documentarian to depict things the way the subjects themselves want them depicted. That wouldn't be a documentary in any meaningful sense, and I'm not interested in seeing a 90 minute infomercial for Jediism (well, I mean, I would watch the sith out of that, but it sure isn't what I expect from a "documentary"). I know enough about the director's work to expect that he would take a subject that could easily be ripe for ridicule (see the unfortunate match-up of Daniel Jones v Piers Morgan yesterday-ish) and find both the truth and the heart in it. I hope that's what we get.