American Jedi Documentry

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #309900 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic American Jedi Documentry
I, too, enjoy taking snips and bits out of written material and using it to create collages that support my stances, usually in the terms of requesting ransom money. Tell me, what do -you- hope to get out of this collage? :laugh:

Licensed Clergy Person
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Nakis.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309906 by
Replied by on topic American Jedi Documentry

Zenchi wrote: Below is my reasoning for giving the documentary a three star rating, generous in my opinion...

Thought it was a huge waisted opportunity to shed much needed light on this path and the community itself. Instead what we got was exaggerated drama, not the fault of the three covered. Let us ensure the next film maker wanting to make a documentary of this path covers more of the philosophy instead of the drama, as it did little to nothing to educate others as to what Jediism or Jedi Realism is about....

I think we can do better, and it doesn't have to be condensed all in one piece, but as several have pointed out, in personalized clips uploaded to YouTube. Perhaps in a years time take the individual videos uploaded and condense them into one documentary, if that would even be worth attempting. Could be something we work on alongside with the book project over the next twelve months...

Good luck with the project. Are you going to finally be open about being a Jedi or remain in the Jedi closet?

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #309908 by Nakis

MJ Hannigan wrote: Good luck with the project. Are you going to finally be open about being a Jedi or remain in the Jedi closet?

Now, now, that is someone's personal choice and it's not your place to judge them for if they are in the closet, hamper, garage, or whatnot. What matters more is that we accept people for who they are.

Licensed Clergy Person

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309911 by

Nakis wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: Good luck with the project. Are you going to finally be open about being a Jedi or remain in the Jedi closet?

Now, now, that is someone's personal choice and it's not your place to judge them for if they are in the closet, hamper, garage, or whatnot. What matters more is that we accept people for who they are.

From your point of view perhaps. I just think it is so cute that Zenchi can be a Jedi knight at a forum but not in life and then trash a film about 3 people open about being Jedi. At least he replaced jester in that area.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #309912 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic American Jedi Documentry

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Zenchi wrote: Below is my reasoning for giving the documentary a three star rating, generous in my opinion...

Thought it was a huge waisted opportunity to shed much needed light on this path and the community itself. Instead what we got was exaggerated drama, not the fault of the three covered. Let us ensure the next film maker wanting to make a documentary of this path covers more of the philosophy instead of the drama, as it did little to nothing to educate others as to what Jediism or Jedi Realism is about....

I think we can do better, and it doesn't have to be condensed all in one piece, but as several have pointed out, in personalized clips uploaded to YouTube. Perhaps in a years time take the individual videos uploaded and condense them into one documentary, if that would even be worth attempting. Could be something we work on alongside with the book project over the next twelve months...

Good luck with the project. Are you going to finally be open about being a Jedi or remain in the Jedi closet?

I'm not in the closet, I've made my reasons known as to why I've adopted the name as my business profile. As it stands, I've done more for Jediism in my immediate local area than anyone else, not to mention everyone here who knows me is already is aware of my personal beliefs, and it doesn't stop them from buying my art I might add....

Could we please keep this on topic?

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #309913 by Nakis

MJ Hannigan wrote: From your point of view perhaps. I just think it is so cute that Zenchi can be a Jedi knight at a forum but not in life and then trash a film about 3 people open about being Jedi. At least he replaced jester in that area.

I suppose, perhaps, if Zenchi started to post gym selfies that that would also magically make him a Knight in real life too, not just the Temple. :laugh:

But come now, tell me, what more do you find cute about him. Perhaps we could arrange a date night, yes?

Licensed Clergy Person

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309919 by

Nakis wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: From your point of view perhaps. I just think it is so cute that Zenchi can be a Jedi knight at a forum but not in life and then trash a film about 3 people open about being Jedi. At least he replaced jester in that area.

I suppose, perhaps, if Zenchi started to post gym selfies that that would also magically make him a Knight in real life too, not just the Temple. :laugh:

But come now, tell me, what more do you find cute about him. Perhaps we could arrange a date night, yes?

It may help if he works out but I think it would take awhile before he makes it to the selfie phase. But I could be wrong.

I love selfie pics. Gives me a chance to look back and be thankful for all the gains hard work put on. Soon I will post more taekwondo pics and videos.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #309922 by Nakis
Ooooo, let's start posting pictures of ourselves!

Here's me! This morning!

Licensed Clergy Person
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309925 by
Hannigan, you put yourself out there and took a risk sharing your personal life with a filmmaker. The documentary has its merits and it leaves some things to be desired. That is all going to come down to personal opinion. To say that it was too much about personal drama and not enough about the Path itself is one of those opinions. Others might say we didn't learn enough about the individuals to really get a good understanding of who they were before and how the Jedi lifestyle has actually changed them for the better. These opinions don't have to take away from the good you see that came from your efforts. People are talking about it, and I believe that is ultimately a goal of yours and a goal of this thread. Should TOTJO create our own documentary or mini-series, it will face the same diverse audience that will have the same diverse opinions.

Let's also remember that some are viewing this film through the eyes of a Jedi Realist content with applying practical knowledge and skills to their every day life. Others are trying to see it from the perspective of a believer in Jediism as a religion that requires a measure of faith and devotion to a Doctrine. These two individuals will likely see this film very differently. That is a good thing, in my opinion. It leads to discussion about our differences and our diversity within this community that doesn't have to be a point of contention.

Can we all accept that some Jedi live their lives at a higher level of exposure and others take a much more personal and solitary path, and agree that both can be beneficial?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309931 by
Sean

I agree. Personally I think the film was a great infomercial for the community as a whole. Now if people are interested in more content they will Google Jedi and follow its doors, look for Opie and find Jedi living with no redirects to anyone except his work. They will find Jedi Realist Radio and to be honest I am planning to direct people to several places even ones I do not personally like and ones that have admins that detest me. Which is why I want to get some episodes on my podcast where people can promote their on or offline groups for awareness.