American Jedi Documentry

More
6 years 5 months ago #306538 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic American Jedi Documentry

Atticus wrote: Haven't had time to watch yet, but I may have differing expectations than some. I would never expect any documentarian to depict things the way the subjects themselves want them depicted. That wouldn't be a documentary in any meaningful sense, and I'm not interested in seeing a 90 minute infomercial for Jediism (well, I mean, I would watch the sith out of that, but it sure isn't what I expect from a "documentary"). I know enough about the director's work to expect that he would take a subject that could easily be ripe for ridicule (see the unfortunate match-up of Daniel Jones v Piers Morgan yesterday-ish) and find both the truth and the heart in it. I hope that's what we get.

I think you will find that this video does do that well then ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #306540 by Tellahane
I guess another way to look at this guys is this is a great start, this is a great intro this is a great beginning, and if we can follow up with more videos that get more involved going forward this could eventually become a really good series in not only showing that this is a real belief and religions and so forth but that Jedi of all shapes and sizes can benefit from it etc. I mean it's out there now, not like we can change it retroactively or anything, so as we are all taught here, focus on the now and be thankful for it and see where we can go from here.

More
6 years 5 months ago #306541 by Tellahane
It would be neat to collaborate with the different communities and do mini "meet the jedi" series either via in person/skype/google hangout/youtube whatever interactions where people can do similar situations where they talk about their life challenges and so on and get interviewed in a sense and continue it based off the american jedi movie in a sense as far as purpose goes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #306544 by
Replied by on topic American Jedi Documentry

Tellahane wrote: It would be neat to collaborate with the different communities and do mini "meet the jedi" series either via in person/skype/google hangout/youtube whatever interactions where people can do similar situations where they talk about their life challenges and so on and get interviewed in a sense and continue it based off the american jedi movie in a sense as far as purpose goes.

People are doing that: Knights of Awakening, Jedi Realist Radio, prolly more that I can't think of atm, all have semi-regular broadcasts. Lots of other members, Opie included, have done one-offs or occasional livestream meetings that are much like interviews. To say nothing of dozens of vlogs and podcasts.

(EDIT: 1K. Or M for the Latin scholars, I suppose.)
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .

More
6 years 5 months ago #306546 by Tellahane

Atticus wrote:

Tellahane wrote: It would be neat to collaborate with the different communities and do mini "meet the jedi" series either via in person/skype/google hangout/youtube whatever interactions where people can do similar situations where they talk about their life challenges and so on and get interviewed in a sense and continue it based off the american jedi movie in a sense as far as purpose goes.

People are doing that: Knights of Awakening, Jedi Realist Radio, prolly more that I can't think of atm, all have semi-regular broadcasts. Lots of other members, Opie included, have done one-offs or occasional livestream meetings that are much like interviews. To say nothing of dozens of vlogs and podcasts.

(EDIT: 1K. Or M for the Latin scholars, I suppose.)

Not talking about general vlogs, heck I have my own vlog youtube series, I mean like using the american jedi documentary title so to speak to continue as a new fresh series in trying to keep to the same style as the movie to kind of capitalize on the same marketing so to speak, a "continuation" I haven't seen much interview stuff this year out of all of those its been a minute or two since I've seen any of those come around.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306567 by
Going to admit i loved the film. I think families should gather around the table this year for thanksgiving and watch this film. That Hannigan guy was kinda skinny but i hear he is a beast now.

More
6 years 5 months ago #306570 by Tellahane

MJ Hannigan wrote: Going to admit i loved the film. I think families should gather around the table this year for thanksgiving and watch this film. That Hannigan guy was kinda skinny but i hear he is a beast now.

wait....hannigan was in there? did I watch the right movie? =p

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306717 by

Tellahane wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: Going to admit i loved the film. I think families should gather around the table this year for thanksgiving and watch this film. That Hannigan guy was kinda skinny but i hear he is a beast now.

wait....hannigan was in there? did I watch the right movie? =p

Someone had to make us look good.

More
6 years 5 months ago #306718 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic American Jedi Documentry
Hannigan, well done. Congratulations.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306735 by

Br. John wrote: Hannigan, well done. Congratulations.

Thanks John. I am hopeful that the film goes viral. I personally believe it reflected the community well as a whole as well as the individuals listed. It defiantly showed who people are. You know you are free to call me.

I am looking forward to seeing feedback from Alexander Orion after all the trash he talked about it a couple years back.