Public
6 years 4 months ago #309711 by
Replied by on topic American Jedi Documentry

Zenchi wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Dewy.Cosmos wrote: The Huffington Post just did an article last night
Article: These Are The Real People Who Follow The Jedi Religion

A pretty interesting article, but again we see that it was very much following Opie. Not a bad thing, but something we can learn from if we decide to make our own documentary. Follow more paths, show how varied this whole thing is. :) Thanks for the share Dewy. :)

Good luck with that. But I am betting that NO ONE here wants to put themselves out there like that. You have no clue how much stress it was watching that and having your story out there for the world to see. TOTJO is a forum where many hide behind screen names and false pictures. It is much diffrent when you receive facebook requests, rude messages and even need to change your phone number over a film. How many people are really ready willing and able to put themselves out there and being ready for the backlash as well?

I am not saying Opie, Perris or myself or special, but I am saying be careful what you ask for. You will get it.

On a side note, Opie (who i truly dislike) and myself already had our voices out there in our own podcasts. I am using Jedi Realist Radio as a way to introduce new voices to the community. I dropped the opportuntiy for TOTJO members to jump on to a show or more to promote TOTJO and NO ONE took up the offer. Why would people want to do a film if they would not even call into a podcast?

I asked you multiple times when you were having that podcast focusing on the TOTJO, you never really got back to me, pointing at a few others who "might" do something similar.

I get that you disagree with Opie, and I respect that, in all due politeness please keep personal grievances out of this thread, thanks bunches...

I am sorry what where you whinning about this time?

Feel free to look on the totjo thread I made about this topic and let me know how much support was given for this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309713 by
Zenchi

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/jedi-in-the-news/119572-temple-of-the-jedi-order-on-jedi-realist-radio

I was even nice enough to post the link to the topic in question. This way when you puff your chest out to look important as a knight you will now be able to reply to the topic in question. Also I was kinda hoping for people willing to put themselves out there. But since you do not use your personal name here or on facebook that is really still like being in the jedi closet right?

More
6 years 4 months ago #309714 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic American Jedi Documentry

MJ Hannigan wrote: Zenchi

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/jedi-in-the-news/119572-temple-of-the-jedi-order-on-jedi-realist-radio

I was even nice enough to post the link to the topic in question. This way when you puff your chest out to look important as a knight you will now be able to reply to the topic in question. Also I was kinda hoping for people willing to put themselves out there. But since you do not use your personal name here or on facebook that is really still like being in the jedi closet right?

Puffing my chest, lol no. Was simply stating that personal grievances have no place in the thread, and I was polite about it. My rank has absolutely nothing to do with it...

I actually have two facebook accounts, one for my family and locals, and the other for my art and this community. The reason I don't use my name in it as it is linked to my business and I have had my account hacked before by locals who befriended my sister, and to be honest has nothing to do with this thread, please keep it on topic, thanks...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309716 by

Zenchi wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: Zenchi

Puffing my chest, lol no. Was simply stating that personal grievances have no place in the thread, and I was polite about it. My rank has absolutely nothing to do with it...

I actually have two facebook accounts, one for my family and locals, and the other for my art and this community. The reason I don't use my name in it as it is linked to my business and I have had my account hacked before by locals who befriended my sister, and to be honest has nothing to do with this thread, please keep it on topic, thanks...

Yes puffing out your chest. If you used logic and reason (for once) you would know simply saying you do not like someone is not putting out a grievence. Now i know you love opie so i will b e short. If i listed all the reasons why I did not like opie or even said I am glad he made himself look like a jackass for doing what he said i do in the film and I am grateful that he distroyed himself then i would understand you getting upset but instead I simply said i do not like him.

Per your rank you have been pretty obessed with it since i met you. But we can discuss that at another time and place if you like.

My point of you still hiding your personal indenity is still pretty clear and actually it has everything to do with this topic. I am looking for Jedi who are willing out put themselves out there and deal with what happens not just expect some glits and glamour. But again I am hopeful that yinz get the backing to do a film and I am looking forward to seeing who will do it after all the hard talk is over. If you think putting yourself out there for the world to see is something you should not concider please think again.

But also I am looking forward to TOTJO doing something on youtube or another form of media to put themselves out there. Nothing like going out and driving your own path instead of hoping for scraps from other peoples tables.

More
6 years 4 months ago #309717 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic American Jedi Documentry
Hi Hannigan

*waves*

As always, you are as compelling as a wet fart in a room full of roses :)

(Somehow I manage to have some respect for you, despite your every effort to be unlikable :P )

Anyway, that aside - I just wanted to run my mouth with my usual opinions in regards to the huffington post article -

What a crock of shit designed to get clicks and sell ad space.

And, as it goes - all y'all American Jedi with your robes and sabers make it hard for an Aussie Jedi to persuade his colleagues that he is not a fruitcake.

(that's not really your fault, Australians as a rule are a little bit dumb these days, and often struggle to realise that the USA is a completely different country with a completely different culture and what applies there may not necessarily apply here)

Anyway, eventually I'll join one of the No-Cosplay Jedi Extremists sects, until then I guess I'll keep chilling here amongst the TotJO..."freedom of expression" sect and watch y'all have your quirky little adventures.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #309719 by

JamesSand wrote: Hi Hannigan

*waves*

As always, you are as compelling as a wet fart in a room full of roses :)

(Somehow I manage to have some respect for you, despite your every effort to be unlikable :P )

Anyway, that aside - I just wanted to run my mouth with my usual opinions in regards to the huffington post article -

What a crock of shit designed to get clicks and sell ad space.

And, as it goes - all y'all American Jedi with your robes and sabers make it hard for an Aussie Jedi to persuade his colleagues that he is not a fruitcake.

(that's not really your fault, Australians as a rule are a little bit dumb these days, and often struggle to realise that the USA is a completely different country with a completely different culture and what applies there may not necessarily apply here)

Anyway, eventually I'll join one of the No-Cosplay Jedi Extremists sects, until then I guess I'll keep chilling here amongst the TotJO..."freedom of expression" sect and watch y'all have your quirky little adventures.

LOL I was not a fan of that artical either. After all it did not mention me right???

Ok really not a fan of the artical but the big picture is if it bring people to watch the film then great. Personally I tink the film is more about the heros journey of the featured people then it is about the community but my thoughts are my thoughts. I personally feel the film will get people to look into the community. I hope people look at the facebook groups and active forums and see if they will find a place or not. (Also hoping people check out Jedi Realist Radio as well a Jedi living but that is just me.

What people type in the media is something that I can not control. You may be seeing a artical about me popping up within the next week and if it runs I hope that it builds hype for the film and interest in the community.

Oh and for the record I had a jedi robe one once in my life, that was when i was knighted. personally I think the film did a great job with that scene where you can see that is the only time we played dress up in the move.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by .

More
6 years 4 months ago #309720 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic American Jedi Documentry
Please, not today. Tomorrow or the next day, fine. This is the sort of thing that makes Sweet Baby Jesus cry.

Hannigan, Merry Christmas to you too.

Founder of The Order

More
6 years 4 months ago #309721 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic American Jedi Documentry

Please, not today. Tomorrow or the next day, fine. This is the sort of thing that makes Sweet Baby Jesus cry.

Sweet Baby Jesus and I are in different timezones.

I think it is about 2am for him right now (10 am for me) either way, on the 26th of December :P

I personally feel the film will get people to look into the community. I hope people look at the facebook groups and active forums and see if they will find a place or not

you and I (and we're hardly the only ones on our respective sides of the court) differ in whether or not we think Jediism is something that needs to be a community, needs to spread, or needs to be understood by anyone "outside" of it.

You can be the Only Jedi In the Village, and still do what you need to do with and for the village (and with and for
yourself).

but, I'm still a dedicated voyeur, so I'm sure I'll watch the documentary, out of morbid curiosity if nothing else.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309722 by

Br. John wrote: Please, not today. Tomorrow or the next day, fine. This is the sort of thing that makes Sweet Baby Jesus cry.

Hannigan, Merry Christmas to you too.

I love you as well.

More
6 years 4 months ago #309776 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic American Jedi Documentry
Honestly Hannigan, after reading your last few posts my opinion of you and the American Jedi Documentary has changed somewhat, and not necessarily for the better. I'm speaking in this reply on behalf of myself and not of the temple at this time so this is my personal honest opinion of all of this as of the time of this post.

I would like to think that the original goal of the documentary wasn't just to get some view points of how people who were struggling through rough times progressed as Jedi and through trials and come out the far side as their own personal heroes for overcoming great challenges and how they did this by becoming Jedi and following the path. That sounds like an awesome documentary....but that was not was delivered. We get to follow 3 individual stories of people who were having rough times and went through trials and came out the other side, which it and of itself is still a good video, but Jediism had little to do with it, it was discussed lightly ultimately, the general idea's behind it were discussed more then anything, and it was so focused on the past of what your problems were, and then you go through a very limited view of trials, and now suddenly your all better. There was no reference to what parts of Jediism really played a roll really, it was more of a documentary about 3 people then it ever was about Jediism. I know you at one point commented thats what pod casts and things are for, no that's what documentaries are for as well, and since there was no proper mention(t-shirts aside) of the various podcasts and youtube series and things out there to connect them with that's not even really a valid statement. No one is going to watch that film and go I want to go see the podcasts now!, because there's no mention of any of that.

Then there is your last several posts here in this thread, I read things like the following:

MJ Hannigan wrote: Good luck with that. But I am betting that NO ONE here wants to put themselves out there like that. You have no clue how much stress it was watching that and having your story out there for the world to see. TOTJO is a forum where many hide behind screen names and false pictures. It is much diffrent when you receive facebook requests, rude messages and even need to change your phone number over a film. How many people are really ready willing and able to put themselves out there and being ready for the backlash as well?

It is well documented out there what kind of backlash that can happen when things go public and all the different kind of things that can happen to you when things like this do happen. It's quite possible despite that you were not aware of it at the time, but regardless of which it was your choice to be included in this film, it's your consequences your responsible for.

MJ Hannigan wrote: I am not saying Opie, Perris or myself or special, but I am saying be careful what you ask for. You will get it.

On a side note, Opie (who i truly dislike) and myself already had our voices out there in our own podcasts. I am using Jedi Realist Radio as a way to introduce new voices to the community. I dropped the opportuntiy for TOTJO members to jump on to a show or more to promote TOTJO and NO ONE took up the offer. Why would people want to do a film if they would not even call into a podcast?

You may have the only "reasonably big" Jedi based podcast out there, but your not the only person who is a member of this temple that does put out youtube videos or other forms of public social Jedi based discussions, and neither is Opie. Your podcast participation is NOT a measure of the quality of a Jedi wanting to do their own film or their own videos or their own audio streams of any format.

MJ Hannigan wrote: I hope yinz do your film. This way people can stop being upset over why they were not in the film. Oddly enough their were two current tottjo people at the gatherings when American Jedi was film. The film talks about the path of a few people and what we do with that message is what matters. We have jedi Living and Jedi Realist Radio both have been reeching the community long before the film was released. The hope is people check out the film, then check out the projects we are working on, check out the groups on and off the inteternet and of course come visit our gatherings.

Hopefully this is true and they choose to investigate further, but again they will be met by google and the wiki's first, there was nothing connecting the movie to Jedi Living, or the realist radio really or even any or all of the communities, I feel like that should have at least been something at the very end if anyone was interested in learning more here are some great places etc etc...Hopefully they do find the various sources of info out there, I really hope they do, beyond the wiki's...

MJ Hannigan wrote: In truth I believe this film will help generate interest in the community but I will NOT be using my platform to talk about groups that DO NOT support the project.

Now see I read things like this and I'm supposed to believe you follow the Jedi path, but that is nothing but prideful ego right there. There is no selflessness at all. But to each their own I guess.

It just seems to me like you are struggling REALLY hard to feel validated in your choices, that you are struggling to prove to yourself that your decision to be in this movie and put yourself out there was for the better of all the communities out there, that you REALLY want the support of everyone for your "sacrifice" that no one that I'm aware of (correct me if I'm wrong) asked you to do on their behalf. This film despite how well it was done I don't think quite achieved the goal you and the rest we're aiming for, but it's done, it's out there, it's going to do whatever it's going to do, I think it's time that you accept it, let go, and move on.

Quit trying to seek validation, praise, pride, martyrdom? those don't sound very Jedi like to me, focus on what you got now, your current projects, your podcasts, and stop trying to degrade others because they didn't chose the same choices you made, we all come from different places and have our own different pasts and issues and everything else and it's up to us individually to decide if we want to put ourselves out there or not, and that choice does not a Jedi Make!

I think your starting to deal with the same "celebrity" issues everyone goes through, including Opie at I'm sure one point in his Jedi Living experience.

My last piece of advice to you hannigan, from my limited experience of 2 years worth of youtube video making on Jediism and my whopping(meant to sound sarcastic) 70 subscribers, do not let the podcasting/video making/audio streaming, documentary film making be more important in your life then the path itself, the day to day living, the, whatever doctrine/teachings/templar/rules you believe in for your own personal path to guide you day to day, or you will loose yourself in it and put out some crappy stuff.

Take a step back, relax, reflect, apply, move forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi