The Revolutionary Society

More
7 years 5 months ago #263569 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: Because Kyrin, I believe that since Hitler came to power we have needed to open our mouths. Granted, Star Wars wasn't around in 1933, but, Vietnam, we didn't do anything. September 11th. We didn't do anything. Paris. Nice. Syria. Everywhere, people are dying, and we need to tqke the reins.

How do you plan to keep all those fighting factions and splintered govts in line? How do you propose we get everyone to think, believe and act in exactly the same way? Build a "Grand Army of the Republic". I'm sorry, I was mistaken. Your not like Hitler, your closer to Darth Sidious. And the harder you tighten your grip Sidious, the more systems will slip through your fingers!!

....I kinna think thats what the request was for... To start that very idea.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #263571 by Leah Starspectre

Silas Mercury wrote: Because Kyrin, I believe that since Hitler came to power we have needed to open our mouths. Granted, Star Wars wasn't around in 1933, but, Vietnam, we didn't do anything. September 11th. We didn't do anything. Paris. Nice. Syria. Everywhere, people are dying, and we need to tqke the reins.

"We" cannot do anything. YOU, however, can apply/run for Youth Council, or another youth leadership group in your area. You can work towards being a part of the assemblies that are making a difference in your country, and who knows? Maybe you'll be a notional or international leader one day.

But assuming that any one faith/group/etc needs to "take the reins" is at best unreasonable, and worst, suicidal. I hope you realize that various Christian/Muslim/etc terrorist groups have this very same belief that they're the ones who have the answer, and so they should be in control.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263574 by
Replied by on topic The TotJO Revolutionary Society

Silas Mercury wrote: Vietnam, we didn't do anything. September 11th. We didn't do anything. Paris. Nice. Syria. Everywhere, people are dying, and we need to tqke the reins.

Ummmmm... pretty sure a whole lot of veterans and anti-war activists would disagree that we didn't do anything in Vietnam or following September 11th. There were those supporting military involvement and those protesting military involvement. A lot of people were injured or killed as a direct result of fighting the battles and protesting against them. Both sides were doing what they believed to be right, which actually highlights the biggest flaw in your plan. How would you have gotten the hawks and doves of the Vietnam era in the United States to agree to follow you? Or agree on anything?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263581 by

carlos.martinez3 wrote:

Khaos wrote:

Your ideas are valid Salis as is your path

Wow, jut like that huh?

Based on what do you say this?

Lol if u must truly know, based on our own personal conversations and interactions. I believe in every human and their potential, even if I don't agree ... They , Silas , is the other part of my Personal Jedi ism as are you. Just cuz I don't agree doesn't mean to me your invalid. This is my ministry as well as life. My Jedi ism is a very real thing there for I don't say all life is worth, I prove it by my actions.
My hope it that thru what we read and learn here on the Temple will be manifested in life. I don't believe Silas in his personal stance on a few things but I got family I don't like too. I am Jedi. I try to ...put it into use. So yes I believe all life is sacred and valid. I swore to honor that very thing so here I am...that's all. No hurt intended no dissing or arguing, not my thing. Just action some days by...example hence forth....a underaged Jedi in my Temple being valid. That's all.

Far be it from me to remove your self-centered mentality, but this in no way answers the question.

You have essentially allowed no real quality control for a group.

Its interesting, its just, valid....Doesnt matter what nonsense that can be spouted.

What a spectacular waste of time.

I think your response, is the best example of why critical thinking needs to be first and foremost in the IP.

Its not just about your personal opinions on his views either....

Wow....

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263584 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Your not like Hitler, your closer to Darth Sidious. And the harder you tighten your grip Sidious, the more systems will slip through your fingers!!

So be it, my little green friend. Mwahahahahaha. Do it. :evil:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263586 by
So uh, I guess as an anarchist I should probably chime in with a thought...

This is a terrible idea.

Jedi are not better, in fact I would consider Jediism the worst religion in the world... But it's the one that works for me and for many of us here. Jedi are no more peaceful, no more capable, no more wise or intelligent than the Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Taoists, Sikhs, Jains, etc. The moment we start thinking of ourselves as better than others is the moment we lose perspective and the ability to empathize with other people.

TOTJO, by way of the Creed, strikes me as being almost completely anti-theocratic:

I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;

Jedi are not called to lead from the front, at least from my interpretation of this passage. We lead by example, by uplifting others, by building up each other and those who seek us out. We are not the head, but the feet--a firm foundation upon which some people might be able to grow and develop into more fully actualized versions of themselves. Theocracy is the antithesis of this.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263587 by
I'm sorry but I've wanted to do this since the conversation in the other thread started.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #263590 by

Jamie Stick wrote: So uh, I guess as an anarchist I should probably chime in with a thought...

This is a terrible idea.

Jedi are not better, in fact I would consider Jediism the worst religion in the world... But it's the one that works for me and for many of us here. Jedi are no more peaceful, no more capable, no more wise or intelligent than the Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Taoists, Sikhs, Jains, etc. The moment we start thinking of ourselves as better than others is the moment we lose perspective and the ability to empathize with other people.

TOTJO, by way of the Creed, strikes me as being almost completely anti-theocratic:

To be loved as to love;

Jedi are not called to lead from the front, at least from my interpretation of this passage. We lead by example, by uplifting others, by building up each other and those who seek us out. We are not the head, but the feet--a firm foundation upon which some people might be able to grow and develop into more fully actualized versions of themselves. Theocracy is the antithesis of this.

This ....

More
7 years 5 months ago #263594 by Manu

Silas Mercury wrote: Hello. You all know my views and opinions, so I won't bother going into detail .....

Anyway, Freedom of Speech allows me to request for a knight or someone of a higher rank to back me in the creation of the TotJO Revolutionary Society, a group where we few like minded individuals (me, Streen, some others) can rage against the machine and discuss our own "scary" and "diabolical" ideals and ideas. Thank you, brothers and sisters, and Force be with us.

Seems like you're having a tough time recruting, huh? Maybe one of the skills you should work on before becoming king of the world :laugh:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, MadHatter, sNe1a, Leah Starspectre

More
7 years 5 months ago #263595 by MadHatter

Jamie Stick wrote: So uh, I guess as an anarchist I should probably chime in with a thought...

This is a terrible idea.

To be loved as to love;

See we dont always have to buttheads Jamie because these are very wise words indeed and very well put. Or as I said in chat about this topic Jedi are road signs not tour guides.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: , OB1Shinobi, Leah Starspectre

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi