Rants far and wide

More
7 years 10 months ago #245167 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Rants far and wide
Aah..thank you for hiding Active Shooter training in with Force Protection. I really wanted to read stories of active shooters and scenarios today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #245202 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
This is a post made out of anger and is not aimed at one person. I'll probably be mad at myself for sending it later, but right now I don't care.

If one more person sends me that lame Rainbow Bridge bullshit, I will throw up on them. When an animal dies it is gone. Your squishy, sentimental poem doesn't change that, and it doesn't make anyone but YOU feel better.

Don't send me PMs about this either. I don't want to be comforted, I want to be angry.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245285 by
I have literally spent the last six hours between customers at work trying to find happy news stories. It took me that long. Partially because I've actually been kind of busy, but mostly because the news only seems to focus on things that suck. That sucks. The news is making the world feel like a worse place by only telling us what sucks. But they only do that because we feed on that more than the happy news, and that sucks.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #245495 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Rants far and wide
may your (specific person) luck be just as good as mine; may you get as you gave

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

More
7 years 10 months ago #245536 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Rants far and wide
You think you're being sneaky and clever and smart and cute... but you're not. You're being petty and dishonest and acting like a spoiled little child. And you just showed it to the whole world. Congratulations... I hope you're ready for the consequences when the rest of us get tired of dealing with your childish ways.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245539 by

Avalonslight wrote: You think you're being sneaky and clever and smart and cute... but you're not. You're being petty and dishonest and acting like a spoiled little child. And you just showed it to the whole world. Congratulations... I hope you're ready for the consequences when the rest of us get tired of dealing with your childish ways.

And we are on to you :whistle:

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #245579 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Rants far and wide
Skype and its utter inability to actually notify me when somebody messages me whom I've been waiting all day for, can burn... Slowly and painfully...

Slowly.......... And painfully....

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Avalon

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #245603 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Rants far and wide
:angry:
Stop following each other so close, the 2 second rule is the minimum safe distance to follow and applies to all speeds;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLNcmGs4c0M

I had this demonstrated live (like 5m away with 2 cars at different speeds doing emergency braking!) by Police at their driver training center and it really is the minimum, and in fact 3 seconds would be better. People follow each other WAAAAAY too close. It's all fun and games until it's not. Just say 'zero' when the car passes something stationary, then count 'one, two' to find the minimum distance. People will cut in, but they are idiots
:blush:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245604 by
This rant is referring to a specific person, who is so noxious it makes me sick.

I'm so done with this bullshit. Done to the power of done. I've spent many months on TOTJO, I've dealt with the shit coming from people here, and I've come to a point where I feel... not accepted, but tolerated.

This isn't a guilt trip meant for any of you, and it's not pity I want. I want to prove a point. That being I'm not incompetent or childish, and I will prove this by passing the IP, sticking around until I'm 16, becoming an apprentice, and then a Knight. There's nothing you can do to stop me, nothing you can say that will make me leave, nothing you can do to waver me. So, suck it up, get your own life straightened out, and deal with your issues. Don't make me look like the bad person here only because you can't tolerate my presence. Grudge matches don't solve anything. You're not worth any more of my time.

Please don't PM me about this.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #245725 by
I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost....

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.

To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. .....

Soldiers! don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!

Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

The Great Dictator's Speech

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi