Rants far and wide

More
7 years 10 months ago #245730 by x57z12
Replied by x57z12 on topic Rants far and wide
The entity I have hated most in recent times just now switched to a hotline queue. Having me wait hours while playing deadly elevator music is bad. Interrupting this in a way that makes me thing someone finally picked up only to play an announcement is bad. Using these announcements for advertisement is bad. Using these announcements to tell me to ‘off-on’ the thing, read the knowledge base and update the program is adding insult to injury, thus very bad.
All combined summoned more murderous intend than the vast assembly of unpleasant people I’ve come across in a long time. The phone lives, my nerves – not as much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #245740 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Rants far and wide
When you vouch for someone and they immediately let you down

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
7 years 10 months ago #245888 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Rants far and wide
I love you to death and I love talking with you.... but just because I live with her now doesn't make me your messenger bird. She's your daughter... call her! Not me.... :dry: :unsure: *sighs*

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #246054 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Rants far and wide
you have to try bro

you have to be willing to show up and lose and lose for as long as it takes

its hard and its humbling, i know, but everyone pays the same price in order to get better

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

More
7 years 10 months ago #246173 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
Forum posts that are videos... argh.. I never watch them, sorry!

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 10 months ago #246293 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Rants far and wide
Ranting here so I dont derail a thread. I do not get idiots that play the equivalent of Russian roulette as anything other then someone begging for a Darwin Award. Yet when their behavior eventually catches up to them a ton of people will wail and knash their teeth calling it tragic.

No its not tragic, its the inevitable consequence of their stupidity. They begged for it and got it, and if they didnt respect the sanctity of their own life enough to take care with it why should we freak out about them reaping what they have sown. Further if these people cared so much about the person they claim to now miss they would have stopped the behavior in the first place. I mean I know if I saw my friend about to play the animal kingdom equivalent of Russian roulette Id smack sense into them myself.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, ren, Alexandre Orion, OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 10 months ago #246412 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
Don't you bloody dare lump me in with Trump.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #246413 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
Seriously... trying to find an analogy here, and the best I can come up with is wishing someone a happy birthday whilst chopping off their limbs.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #246549 by
How did I get sucked into all these silly discussions? I was just having a little fun and the trolls came out of the woodwork and now, I can't resist responding. It's like I keep on digging but I can't get out of the hole.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #246554 by
"Has the fiat economic system been challenged? Are the bankers now in gaol and usury shunned and spat upon? Has the cultural attack against ever right and normal instinct been defeated? Is the media now to be required to do its job or the education system to train children to think rather than to obey? Have the iniquitous taxes on labor and death been removed? Are we now going to stop bombing those countries that refuse to turn their money over to the central banking system, which controls our countries and everyone in them?

We are ruled not simply by virtue of a greater opposing force, but by a technique which includes the employment of our force against us, thereby drawing us inexorably toward aims which those who employ the technique determine. The output of the technique is an environment which itself operates as quicksand, and the types of resistance which seem obvious to us are worse than merely futile; they drag us further downward.

I regard democracy as an amusing idea; the sort of thing you tell small children; like tales about Father Christmas, it’s not something I would expect grown-ups to believe in. But they do. And those who do, effectively claim to believe that the mean outcome of a vote by a large number of highly indoctrinated people on a subject framed and controlled by a small number of plantation owners is inherently significant - holy even."

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/348489-brexit-uk-nothing-changed/

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi