Rants far and wide

More
8 years 1 day ago #238788 by J_Roz
Replied by J_Roz on topic Rants far and wide
Constantly going through interviews and being made to feel like I'm begging for any job offered is starting to get really old.

My license for substitute teaching won't be valid until July 1 and I've been without a main job since January. Its an old story not worth repeating.

I'm just sad in my heart about this constant "Why do you want to work for my perfect company mumbo jumbo".

I really wish I could get into the college full time..... just sad today.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #238911 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Rants far and wide
WHY EVEN BOTHER TO HAVE A MEETING ON SOMETHING THAT'S ALREADY BEEN DECIDED WITH LITTLE-TO-NO INPUT FROM THE FOLKS WHO WILL ATTEND THE MEETING? WHAT'S THE POINT OF THAT? WHY WASTE TIME? JUST START IMPLEMENTING THINGS WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ANYBODY. NOBODY WILL NOTICE. HONEST.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna, Kit, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #238947 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
The other day I was, what I'm hesitantly calling triggered, when my roommate said something about having nightmares ("I hope you experience that") and when she said it I was overwhelmed with flashes of the nightmares I have (they've been haunting me for some time). It was quite a terrifying in and of itself because I was found myself simultaneously being angry, scared, and losing control of my sense of reality. Like, I couldn't think straight nor was I really aware of everything I was saying, I was just blurting out things trying to get the sensation of living in one of my nightmares to go away. I couldn't stand still. I wanted to fight and run away all at the same time, frozen in the moment, and really freaking out.

It's a reoccurring thing for my roommate to make thoughtless comments that upset me, but I've never had anything like this.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #238952 by
Reaching adulthood means you stop throwing tantrums and stamping out of the room when you don't like what is happening. You're just making yourself look stupid.

I love you as I love everyone here and wish I could help you calm down. You're an important part of this place and have shot yourself in the foot so many times, it has to suck :(

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #239203 by
Do you wish to have an impact, and contribute to change? Take the vow, make strides to be involved in the community, as well as the IP.

It saddens me to see so many join the forum, with no apparent drive to move past guest or member, but they have so much negative to say.

If you want to be part of the solution, join the conversation. You may find moving through the IP helps augment your point of view and provide a more well rounded perspective.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #239218 by
Knock it off act like adults and quite whining you are Jedi act like it. If you think I am talking about you. I probably am.

Be jedi

More
7 years 11 months ago #239333 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Rants far and wide
Why do I have to live so far away from the people I love? I both love and hate the internet. I wouldn't have the family that I do without it, but then I wouldn't feel so useless when they need help and it's simple distance that keeps me from being able to do anything more than offer moral support and a listening ear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #239753 by
Why don't people seem to understand how checks work? If your account doesn't have money in it don't write a check. I don't care that you're expecting a wire transfer. Do you know how long those can take? (I've seen it be from later that day to two weeks with no explanation as to why)

Oh, and post dating a check really isn't a thing anymore. I know, I know, that sucks, but if you take a check to the bank we'll pretty much take it. They tell us to advise you not to do it until the date on the check but we will still take it and process it and I know my bank is not the only one.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #239755 by
"Be really really careful mom." Keryn says as we carefully walk across a rocky parking island outside of the mall to our truck. "Be Really REeeeeeeally Careful!"

"Thats right dear...We must be reeeeally careful when we - F*****!!!!" I Curse and hiss as one of the rocks roll and twist under my foot - thus causing my already injured foot to roll and twist - To which I hear a nice little "Pop!!"

Yea....Not broken or damaged. No swelling....No bruising..... Again....I don't know how the heck I end up so lucky with my feet. But gorram.....It hurts. It really hurts :(

"Be really careful mom."

*Cries* But I WAS Being Careful!!! *CriesSomeMore*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #239915 by
Apparently a bill passed in the House that would require women to register for the draft.

Soon we'll be able to send twice as many people to die in meaningless wars. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi