Rants far and wide

More
8 years 5 days ago #238520 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Rants far and wide
So.... You had someone spend a number of days fixing your computer. Reinstalling programs... drivers... setting up windows 10 to look more windows 7ish. . . And removing the 20+ viruses that resulted from not having an active antivirus program...

And they get it working again... And then your first reaction is to click an unknown link, in an unknown email, from an unknown sender... "to figure out what it was".... And then things quit working again? And you're surprised? Really?

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, MadHatter, x57z12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 days ago #238559 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Rants far and wide
People spewing ignorant drivel about self defense when they clearly have zero knowledge on the subject and dont even understand that tools being used. Its just sad. You have zero experience, have not bothered to study the matter, and dont know jack all about the tools used yet you think its ok to flap face trying to limit peoples ability to own a tool.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
8 years 5 days ago #238567 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Rants far and wide
People think they are soooo clever when they can cut corners, disobey laws and get away with it.

Guess what? Now that your poorly built house has collapsed due to an earthquake, you don't get to blame the government for not making you safe.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
8 years 5 days ago - 8 years 5 days ago #238590 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Rants far and wide
im taking the hint
m not mad but i dont plan on calling back
thanks for the interview, hope it all works out for you, take care

damn thats disappointing :(

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 days ago #238653 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
I had something that I wanted to rant about but I forgot what it was. GAH!!! :angry: :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 days ago #238739 by
Feeling pretty f---in' unappreciated is a consequence of our path, I guess, but there are times when it bites more than others.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 days ago #238740 by
Yesterday, Prince, the legendary musician and performer died. Although I knew peripherally who Prince was by virtue of being born in Minnesota and living not more than ten minutes from his Paisley Park home (when I was growing up it also served as a studio until he stopped using it as his primary recording studio). What fucks me up is that the reason I didn't listen to Prince is that my parents had convinced me he was just another devil-worshipping non-Christian.

It's a running theme for me these days as I realize just how little I relate to my peers who have an entire body of media: film, television, music, and books that I was not allowed to partake in because my parents were convinced it would damage my relationship with God. After I left for college I managed to get into a few things primarily Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Harry Potter, Mean Girls, Metallica, Slayer, and Michael Jackson; a little bit of experimentation could never catch me up on 23 years of what others had been exposed to.

The worst part is, any time I talk about this stuff my sister (18 months younger) will outright deny my experience, "You weren't deprived of anything!" My sister can say that because she's still 'in'. Had I remained a Christian within the vicinity of the doctrinal beliefs my parents raised me with, I would be able to find people like me and we would have our own shared media canon to appreciate together: VeggieTales, Skillet, Michael W. Smith, Ted Dekker, Frank Peretti, etc.

I'm at a loss for words to truly describe the alienation I feel as people share what Prince meant to them, what Bowie meant to them, what Michael Jackson meant to them...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #238743 by
I watched this musical genius perform in Brisbane during his welcome to Australia tour a few years ago
I am glad and very grateful that i did, for this wonderful human being perform live was a experience
i will never forget.
Last edit: 8 years 4 days ago by . Reason: Australia spelling was not correct

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 days ago #238772 by
Could you two kiss and make up and not make me look through months and months of emails for goodness sake ...you know who i am talking about :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 days ago #238782 by
I remember what I wanted to rant about yesterday!

I wish it were more socially acceptable to complement strangers. Especially men complimenting women. Yesterday I saw a woman in a kick ass red leather trench coat (like full on Star Lord style coat) but I was too nervous to say "Hey, great coat" because I didn't want her to think I was staring at her or creeping on her.

Creepy guys have made it really tough for us non-creepy guys to honestly compliment women. No matter how innocent it is (how creepy is "Hey, great coat"?) I still worry that it's going to come off as creepy because that's what women are used to getting from strange men.

It was a really cool coat but I couldn't tell her that!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi