Rants far and wide

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 day ago #239928 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
Slept in today, but got up knowing it would be a day of cleaning. Vacuumed all floors, straightened up everything (obviously beyond what I had used), helped my brother clean the kitchen, spring cleaned my car, did the grocery shopping for the week, made guacamole. Generally, felt pretty good about the day and hoped that you wouldn't have much to do when you got home from girl's weekend.

Told myself that I was working hard to make sure we both had a positive experience.

You got home. Said there were way too many vegetables in the fridge. Got mad that I had bought two more red peppers (I didn't realize one was already there) because only I eat them. Mad that I had bought some other things too, but they were all vegetables I intend on eating this week, plus you're the one who wants to spice up our meals?? While we were doing the dinner dishes together, made a comment about how no one ever sweeps the floor (very sarcastic, 'no one does it but me'), and when I point out that I had actually done it that morning, you flip out that all I ever do is get mad at things you say and that I ignore your apologies and don't believe them. First of all, I had pointed it out in the most non-confrontational way ever, and secondly, the rest of that is completely made up. Then you get all mad and say that you're the only one who ever washes the kitchen floor and comment that it should've been done.

Like, really. You wonder why our relationship is so strained. I literally spend an entire day just 'prepping for your arrival' only to get shit on about everything that I did wrong. And then I'm not allowed to feel hurt? It sucks. I get that times are hard right now, but taking out your frustrations on me really isn't going to help things.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 hours ago #239967 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Rants far and wide
No! I've been asking for SIX MONTHS to have someone else working here with me. SIX MONTHS! And now that I want to take ONE day off so I can celebrate my birthday it's "Well....probably not. You're the only one here...."

No! LEADERSHIP has been unable to give me what I need to do my job. This isn't a fault of my own. And now you're going to keep me from enjoying a day with my family? Because you wouldn't cough up one more body? For a job that is just traffic directing anyways. I'm not mission essential. I'm not. I'm useful, but not detrimental to the workings of the squadron. You can try to convince me of my value to the squadron all you want but I've been working this job for two long unnecessary years. I let you take away the time I was going to spend with my sister for her wedding. I will walk up the chain if you don't give me a better answer than "You're one-deep in your job". Shoulda thought about that before you 'forgot' to send me the help I needed.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #240089 by
It's not just the Westboro Baptist Church. These people have uniforms, they have strategy, and they are using fear to terrorize people who are shopping at Target.

They are terrorists.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #240148 by
Jesus loves cishets this I know
For the Christians tell me so
Little ones from him condemned
They are weak, but he is strong
Yes, Jesus hates gays
Yes, Jesus hates gays
Yes, Jesus hates gays
The Christians tell me so

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #240228 by
I am a white, cis gendered, straight man. I know that people who share those traits have done terrible things. I know that people who share those traits continue to do terrible things. I know that there are benefits for me for also having those traits. I also know that I did not asked to be those things. I did not ask for those benefits. I do not know how to not have them. If I could give them up so that others could have them I would.

I am also tired of it. I am tired of the people who share those traits doing terrible things. I am tired of getting benefits denied to others. But you know what else I'm tired of? Being blamed for it. I know it happens. I know it's bad. I know it needs fixed. I know all of that. But you can not continue to blame me for it. I'm not comparing white, cis gendered, straight man guilt trips to the actual oppression of those who don't share those characteristics but I am still tired of it. You cannot continue to try to make me feel guilty for things that I didn't do.

What do you want? Do you want an apology on behalf of all white, cis gendered, straight men everywhere? Well I'm sorry. I'm sorry that Donald Trump exists and is currently our Republican front runner. I'm sorry that there are bad people out there who look like me. I mean that, I truly do. But that's not my fault and I am getting tired of people expecting me to feel like it is. I am not denying the issues, just that I personally caused them. If you can prove to me that I, personally, have oppressed you, personally, then please do so that I may learn the error of my ways.

To those who say that you're not blaming me personally maybe I'm not talking to you, maybe I am. I have been told, to my face, that the mere fact that I have a penis oppresses women. Literally. That was a fun day.

I am sorry for what happens but I am not sorry for being me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #240252 by
Replied by on topic Mood for the day: ruined.
I want someone to physically come to my house and punch me in the face if I ever consider being in a romantic relationship again.

What a load of crap.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .

More
7 years 11 months ago #240323 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
It's amazing the number of people I deal with everyday who seem to think I'm a mind reader. If I ask a question it's cos I need to know the answer... ignoring it completely or sending me something without explanation really isn't helpful and it just leads to me being annoyed I have to ask again, and them being annoyed when I do ask again. If they just read what I wrote the first time and responded appropriately we'd all be a lot happier...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 11 months ago #240376 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Rants far and wide

Goken wrote: I have been told, to my face, that the mere fact that I have a penis oppresses women. Literally.

Are you sure you weren't standing a little too close to them? :laugh:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: , OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #240399 by
Silly minor rant today.

I dislike when I do something and then realize that I get mad at other people for doing the same thing. Or even if I just think about doing something I get mad at others for doing.

Example: Discussing a smart watch with a coworker and I said that while I wouldn't use it to text on I would use a speaker phone function on it. Then he said it could do talk-to-text. I'm excited for a moment and then I realize how annoying it is when people use talk-to-text features in public. I always think, "Wouldn't it be amazing if like you could talk and they could hear your voice and then they could talk and you could hear their voice?" :laugh: Oh, sometimes I want to smack myself in the back of the head. :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #240486 by

Attachment he28f1aa.jpg not found

Attachments:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi