Rants far and wide

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209347 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
It's clear to me that there's a spiritual sickness here that neither party knows how to address. I can't help anyone if they lash out at the merest mention of something they perceive as criticism! If they can't be honest with themselves, nor take a third party observation without immediately becoming defensive and thinking I'm taking sides then I have very little to work with! The ONLY side I am on in this never-ending conflict is that of peace and mutual understanding in this family; until they can accept that, my efforts only serve as a temporary Band-Aid to either party's ego rather than a true solution. Work with me here people!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #209747 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
The state of this house is screwing with my sanity.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Edan.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209749 by
Can life just let me enjoy it for a few days, please... always some drama, always some new pain to live with. I wish I'd never thought the phrase "a quiet life with my girlfriend" because now it's all I want and exactly what I can't seem to have.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209765 by
Every saturday we have a Table Top RPG game night. Since Thanksgiving is a week away I suggested for our gaming pot luck we do a Thanksgiving theme. Everyone rose to the occasion! Our Game Master offered to make the Turkey! Yum!

Wanting to do something special for this I offered to make Homemade Apple Pie. One of our gamers however snarkily states "I can't eat that because of the crust, just so you know." You know...coz I haven't known for her 8+ years and know very well that she is Glutien Intolerant. Secretly...I was planning to make her Whole Roast Apple since she couldn't have the pie, How cool is that?! Even found an awesome recipe and was planning to surprise her with it.... The days roll by....Yesterday I made the pie and put it int he fridge, planning to cook it a couple hours before the game started so that it could be hot, fresh and yummy. Went to the store to buy all the special ingredients for our gamer friends Roast Apple...Come home and asked everyone if anyone was bringing Mashed Potatos as well.....

Glutien Intolerant gamer happily states "Im bring Dutch Apple Pie!!!"

My heart drops..... I was doing apple pie....Even told my husband this.....His response?

"I don't know why your so upset with this."

I responded, flabber gasted that he would say that... "I had said a week in advance that I was making apple pie...Its in the oven RIGHT NOW....Even bought her a special treat I was going to make."

"Yes but her's is glutten free." and walked away....

I can't even explain how hurt I feel right now....Should I be feeling hurt? Is it wrong to feel hurt by this? I mean....wtf?....

*sigh*

:(

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 5 months ago #209798 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Rants far and wide
What is this bullshit quest? Just got screwed by vault-tec, witnessed my hubby get killed and baby kidnapped, give me a break already!

The power armor is nice too, but aren't I like a 250 years old housewife or something? wtf

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
8 years 5 months ago #209799 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide
No transmission, just a consular ship he says, diplomatic mission he says....argh! Force choke, wtf...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
8 years 5 months ago #209800 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Rants far and wide
Last three rants ... :S ... I don't get it. (that's the rant)

Zenchi's I sorta do ... but that wasn't 'Force choke'. No, that was good, old-fashion snapping the dude's neck hands-on style.

La classe ! B)

(I didn't just say that ... *wtf* ) :blush:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #209801 by
I really want to be less judgmental towards myself. The cycle of negative thinking is sort of a crappy feedback loop.

More
8 years 5 months ago #209802 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide
Just because he was using a robotic hand doesn't necess....

nevermind...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Edan

More
8 years 5 months ago #209970 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
Are you kidding me? My module leader has gone on holiday 2 weeks before the assessment deadline! And ignored an email I sent 2 weeks ago! What the hell! I am getting sick of this...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi