Rants far and wide

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #207021 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
The factory i work in is being closed despite still being productive, because the shareholders would otherwise have to relinquish a cent of their dividend.
I blame capitalism. It leads to a de-solidarised society, the gap between rich and poor gets bigger and bigger, and everyone is driven by greed.
Sorry, USA, but your reputation in the world grows worse every day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 6 months ago #207029 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Rants far and wide

Joe wrote: The factory i work in is being closed despite still being productive, because the shareholders would otherwise have to relinquish a cent of their dividend.
I blame capitalism. It leads to a de-solidarised society, the gap between rich and poor gets bigger and bigger, and everyone is driven by greed.
Sorry, USA, but your reputation in the world grows worse every day.

capitalism wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for all the greedy people at the top....they already have more than they will ever need in a hundred lifetimes, yet it's not enough....it's never enough

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
8 years 6 months ago #207075 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Rants far and wide
The movie "Idiocracy" is the story of my workplace. Nothing else need be said... except it's not really going all that bad for me otherwise. :P

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
8 years 6 months ago #207078 by RyuJin

Proteus wrote: The movie "Idiocracy" is the story of my workplace. Nothing else need be said... except it's not really going all that bad for me otherwise. :P

love that movie...and now it's becoming a documentary....rofl

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #207085 by
Watching someone I love begin therapy for abuse they've suffered their whole life up to now. However inspiring their strength, the pain they still face, will always face from people they'll never see again makes me sad, angry, confused. It has been such, SUCH a rough path to get here.

People can be so good and so bad, and all of them can be both.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #207091 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
Discovered it's highly possible that the long term use of the iron tablets I take for hair loss may in fact be causing my incredibly frustrating restless legs syndrome to get worse, so that I have problems during the day as well as at night. What the hell am I supposed to do now...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Edan.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
8 years 6 months ago #207101 by RyuJin
take some zzquil to sleep through it.....

that's the problem with most meds these days...you take one med for something, and its side effects cause something else that you have to take another med for which causes another side effect requiring another med...next thing you know you're a walking chemical farm....

Quotes:

More
8 years 6 months ago #207135 by Edan

RyuJin wrote: take some zzquil to sleep through it.....

that's the problem with most meds these days...you take one med for something, and its side effects cause something else that you have to take another med for which causes another side effect requiring another med...next thing you know you're a walking chemical farm....

I wish it was the nighttime that was the problem.. I can't even sit for an hour during the Quaker meetings now.. am investigating though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #207138 by
After agreeing to it remaining there indefinitely, my ex is suddenly making ultimatums about my moving the remainder of my stuff out of the home we still co-own as she decided to move all her boyfriend's stuff in a few weeks ago. She's given me until tomorrow morning to get it all.

I have our kids today and tomorrow morning so moving things will be impossible. Additionally I still own half of the house, which she's agreed to repay in the coming months.

I could really do without the drama she seems intent on creating. We're going to speak on the phone about it shortly and I'm venting here so I can stay cool when we talk.

The fine line between being reasonable and being a pushover.

More
8 years 5 months ago #207645 by Edan
People who give away the ending of a book in their review on Amazon are cruel cruel people.

Side note... nothing I say here any more seems to be a rant... just mild annoyance.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi